Posted to rec.audio.car,alt.discuss.god-talk.christian
Trudie Trudie is offline

Default - Psalm 86:17 -

these will not even speak well of
them if they find themselves on the weakest side, for they have no
influence; and thus they will speak ill of them in company.

156. Ferox gens, nullam esse vitam sine armis rati.20 --They prefer death to
peace; others prefer death to war.

Every opinion may be held preferable to life, the love of which is so strong
and so natural.

157. Contradiction: contempt for our existence, to die for nothing, hatred
of our existence.

158. Pursuits.--The charm of fame is so great that we like every object to
which it is attached, even death.

159. Noble deeds are most estimable when hidden. When I see some of these in
history, they please me greatly. But after all they have not been quite
hidden, since they have been known; and though people have done what they
could to hide them, the little publication of them spoils all, for what was
best in them was the wish to hide them.

160. Sneezing absorbs all the functions of the soul, as well as work does;
but we do not draw therefrom the same conclusions against the greatness of
man, because it is against his will. And although we bring it on ourselves,
it is nevertheless against our will that we sneeze. It is not in view of the
act itself; it is for another end. And thus it is not a proof o