Andrew

Default Telephone Hybrid

Hello,

First Post! Anyhow... I work for Lemoore High School in Lemoore CA, I
am trying to get equipment for the LPFM station that is installed and
running on Campus. One thing that we need is a quality telephone
hybrid for calling in remote games and call-in shows. What should I
be looking for? Budget is a factor.

Thanks,

Andrew
Scott Dorsey

Andrew wrote:

First Post! Anyhow... I work for Lemoore High School in Lemoore CA, I
am trying to get equipment for the LPFM station that is installed and
running on Campus. One thing that we need is a quality telephone
hybrid for calling in remote games and call-in shows. What should I
be looking for? Budget is a factor.

A used one. Call Harris-Allied's used equipment division, or whatever
they are calling themselves these days. 1-800-300-0733. There are a lot
of analogue hybrids out there that sound good if you spend some time
setting them up properly for each call, and which show up cheaply since
everyone wants the new automated stuff.

Mikey

Andrew,
I have a Gentner SPH-3a that I'd be willing to part with if you decide
you're interested. Feel free to email me privately.

Mikey
Nova Music Productions

(Andrew) wrote in message . com...
Hello,

First Post! Anyhow... I work for Lemoore High School in Lemoore CA, I
am trying to get equipment for the LPFM station that is installed and
running on Campus. One thing that we need is a quality telephone
hybrid for calling in remote games and call-in shows. What should I
be looking for? Budget is a factor.

Thanks,

Andrew

gwhite

Andrew wrote:

Hello,

First Post! Anyhow... I work for Lemoore High School in Lemoore CA, I
am trying to get equipment for the LPFM station that is installed and
running on Campus. One thing that we need is a quality telephone
hybrid for calling in remote games and call-in shows. What should I
be looking for? Budget is a factor.

How about cannibalizing a $10 phone? Old ones might have better
coil/transformer based hybrids. New ones will likely be resistor based.

Dave Platt

Hello,

First Post! Anyhow... I work for Lemoore High School in Lemoore CA, I
am trying to get equipment for the LPFM station that is installed and
running on Campus. One thing that we need is a quality telephone
hybrid for calling in remote games and call-in shows. What should I
be looking for? Budget is a factor.

How about cannibalizing a $10 phone? Old ones might have better
coil/transformer based hybrids. New ones will likely be resistor based.

Also, check local hamfests and swapmeets to see if you can find an old
manually-operated phone patch. [A current model MFJ lists for $130
new.]

--
Dave Platt AE6EO