Posted to rec.audio.pro
gregfrey gregfrey is offline

Default 2" GP9 price?

Hi

I just psent $300/reel on 2" GP9 (including shipping) at Total Media.
Is that the going rate or should I be able to do better?

Best

Greg Frey

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

gregfrey wrote:

I just psent $300/reel on 2" GP9 (including shipping) at Total Media.
Is that the going rate or should I be able to do better?

I dunno, since Quantegy discontinued the stuff, some prices are going
up in expectation of a shortage and others are dropping.

Go to the Quantegy website and look at what is available on closeout.

As always, pancakes are cheaper than reels, especially for stuff on
Precision hubs like 2".
Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...
gregfrey wrote:

I just psent $300/reel on 2" GP9 (including shipping) at Total Media.
Is that the going rate or should I be able to do better?

My distributor took me for $268 per roll and closed all order-taking
for Quantegy products on Wednesday at closing, two weeks ago.
That's up $40 from November, and up $80 (over 30%) from last
summer.

According to my vendor, that's it for Quantegy.... period, end of story.

DM

I dunno, since Quantegy discontinued the stuff, some prices are going
up in expectation of a shortage and others are dropping.

Go to the Quantegy website and look at what is available on closeout.

As always, pancakes are cheaper than reels, especially for stuff on
Precision hubs like 2".

Posted to rec.audio.pro

gregfrey wrote:

I just psent $300/reel on 2" GP9 (including shipping) at Total Media.
Is that the going rate or should I be able to do better?

My distributor took me for $268 per roll and closed all order-taking
for Quantegy products on Wednesday at closing, two weeks ago.
That's up $40 from November, and up $80 (over 30%) from last
summer.

***
Just looked at the invoice - it was $286.00 a roll... up almost 70% from
a year ago.

***