Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] sanpaku2003@gmail.com is offline

Default Sound Issues

Up until yesterday, i would have normal sounds from my speakers.
Yesterday PM, i found that i no longer had sound. I rebooted, checked
my speakers, swapped them with another pair, etc.
My pc is designed with speaker jacks in both front and back, which is
where i normally keep the jack. However, when i moved the jack to the
front, my sounds resumed. So what would the issue in the back be and
from what? Necessary steps to resolve are?

TIA

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote ...
Up until yesterday, i would have normal sounds from my speakers.
Yesterday PM, i found that i no longer had sound. I rebooted, checked
my speakers, swapped them with another pair, etc.
My pc is designed with speaker jacks in both front and back, which is
where i normally keep the jack. However, when i moved the jack to the
front, my sounds resumed. So what would the issue in the back be and
from what? Necessary steps to resolve are?

Check the wiring between the front-panel jack and the
computer mother-board, particularly the connector where
it plugs into the board.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

sanpaku2003 wrote:

Up until yesterday, i would have normal sounds from my speakers.
Yesterday PM, i found that i no longer had sound. I rebooted, checked
my speakers, swapped them with another pair, etc.
My pc is designed with speaker jacks in both front and back, which is
where i normally keep the jack. However, when i moved the jack to the
front, my sounds resumed. So what would the issue in the back be and
from what? Necessary steps to resolve are?

TIA

What make and model of speakers?

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 11, 3:15 pm, wrote:

So what would the issue in the back be and
from what? Necessary steps to resolve are?

What color are the cables to your speakers?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message ups.com...
On Mar 11, 3:15 pm, wrote:

So what would the issue in the back be and
from what? Necessary steps to resolve are?

What color are the cables to your speakers?

Are you suggesting that the arrows got flipped on the rear panel?

;-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
ups.com
Up until yesterday, i would have normal sounds from my
speakers. Yesterday PM, i found that i no longer had
sound. I rebooted, checked my speakers, swapped them
with another pair, etc.
My pc is designed with speaker jacks in both front and
back, which is where i normally keep the jack. However,
when i moved the jack to the front, my sounds resumed.

The back panel jack has probably become damaged.

The type of jack that are typically used on PCs for sound-related
connections are well-known to be relatively fragile.

If it is is any consolation, the PC I'm typing on right now has a damaged
front-panel jack, and I had to move my headphones to the rear-panel jack.

The front-panel jack is relatively easy to repair, but I'm either lazy or
kinda booked-up at the moment.

So what would the issue in the back be and from what?

Most probable answer in my experience - a damaged jack. I'm intimately
familiar with the wiring that relates to both jacks, and detailed knowlege
of it can explain everything that you have experienced.

Necessary steps to resolve are?

Actually fixing that back panel jack is non-trivial. It is more than likely
soldered to the motherboard, which is a multilayer circuit card. So, you
need to remove the motherboard, obtain the necesary tools and experience
required to replace the jack, and then properly execute a slightly risky
series of technical operations.

Or, you can just continue to use the front-panel jack. Or, you can modify
the internal wiring of the PC to add a second back-panel jack of the kind
that is broken.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

What color are the cables to your speakers?

When considering color, don't forget oxygen content.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

DC wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

What color are the cables to your speakers?

When considering color, don't forget oxygen content.

I find that when I don't get enough oxygen, I turn blue.

Sound Forge issues Kayte Pro Audio 67 August 5th 05 06:07 PM
The Absolute Sound issues from the 1970's Earhead General 0 March 13th 05 10:47 PM
Passive mult - sound quality issues? Rasmus Schwenger Pro Audio 3 March 12th 04 04:05 PM
FA: Japanese "Stereo Sound" Back Issues whifhi Marketplace 0 February 8th 04 06:09 AM