Posted to rec.audio.pro
TimW TimW is offline

Default Sound Audio Engineering (SAE) Institute of Technology - Nashville

Hi folks,

It was suggested that I post in this newsgroup (I spend my time mostly in
Rec.Music.Makers.Guitar.Acoustic) about this particluar organization. I am
trying to find out al little more about this place. I have a young aspiring
Recording Engineer friend looking for a place to get some training. He does
not wish to attend a four year college but would like to attend a school
that is well thought of in this Industry. This BTW is one of the closer ones
as he lives in East Tennessee. Any comments or suggestions are greatly
appreciated. Thanks in Advance...
Here is a link to their site...

http://www.sae-nashville.com/

Thanks

Tim

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising Roy W. Rising is offline

"TimW" wrote:
Hi folks,

It was suggested that I post in this newsgroup (I spend my time mostly in
Rec.Music.Makers.Guitar.Acoustic) about this particluar organization. I
am trying to find out al little more about this place. I have a young
aspiring Recording Engineer friend looking for a place to get some
training. He does not wish to attend a four year college but would like
to attend a school that is well thought of in this Industry. This BTW is
one of the closer ones as he lives in East Tennessee. Any comments or
suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance...
Here is a link to their site...

http://www.sae-nashville.com/

Thanks

Tim

It saddens me to see this place using the letters SAE, which stands for the
Society of Audio Engineers. Sniff.

--
~ Roy
"If you notice the sound, it's wrong!"
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 8, 8:00 pm, Roy W. Rising wrote:

It saddens me to see this place using the letters SAE, which stands for the
Society of Audio Engineers. Sniff.

You're thinking of AES, the Audio Engineering Society. SAE stands for
Society of Automotive Engineers, keeper of standards for things like
oil viscosity and screw threads.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Mar 8, 8:00 pm, Roy W. Rising wrote:

It saddens me to see this place using the letters SAE, which stands for the
Society of Audio Engineers. Sniff.

You're thinking of AES, the Audio Engineering Society. SAE stands for
Society of Automotive Engineers, keeper of standards for things like
oil viscosity and screw threads.

However, the AES and SAE have gone together on joint conferences about
car audio standards.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Mike Rivers wrote:
On Mar 8, 8:00 pm, Roy W. Rising wrote:

It saddens me to see this place using the letters SAE, which stands for
the
Society of Audio Engineers. Sniff.

You're thinking of AES, the Audio Engineering Society. SAE stands for
Society of Automotive Engineers, keeper of standards for things like
oil viscosity and screw threads.

However, the AES and SAE have gone together on joint conferences about
car audio standards.

Years ago, my late father was a member of both the AES and the SAE. He was
an electrical engineer by training and chief vibrations engineer for an
aircraft engine manufacturer by day job. As a ten-year old, I never could
get them straight. He was Chair of the local chapter of one, but which one
I'll never know.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Daniel Mandic Daniel Mandic is offline

Harry Lavo wrote:

Years ago, my late father was a member of both the AES and the SAE.
He was an electrical engineer by training and chief vibrations
engineer for an aircraft engine manufacturer by day job. As a
ten-year old, I never could get them straight. He was Chair of the
local chapter of one, but which one I'll never know.

Hi Harry!

Here we have AVL, Tec Zentrum. They are making sounds for various Car
models, like Porsche, Audi and BMW, afaik.

Last year they presented their first car-racing model, something like
the World Formula 1 types, just smaller and beatable by any std-car
listed above.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Mike Rivers" wrote:
On Mar 8, 8:00 pm, Roy W. Rising wrote:

It saddens me to see this place using the letters SAE, which stands for
the Society of Audio Engineers. Sniff.

You're thinking of AES, the Audio Engineering Society. SAE stands for
Society of Automotive Engineers, keeper of standards for things like
oil viscosity and screw threads.

I know. It's fun to see the posts that my somewhat lame attempt at a joke
has brought forth.

--
~ Roy
"If you notice the sound, it's wrong!"
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael Wozniak Michael  Wozniak is offline

"TimW" wrote in message
Hi folks,

It was suggested that I post in this newsgroup (I spend my time mostly in
Rec.Music.Makers.Guitar.Acoustic) about this particluar organization. I am
trying to find out al little more about this place. I have a young
aspiring Recording Engineer friend looking for a place to get some
training. He does not wish to attend a four year college but would like to
attend a school that is well thought of in this Industry. This BTW is one
of the closer ones as he lives in East Tennessee. Any comments or
suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance...
Here is a link to their site...

http://www.sae-nashville.com/

Thanks

Tim

MTSU - Middle Tennessee State University (I think) has been recommended by
some people. If Bill Vorn Dick still teaches there, that would be a
no-brainer.

Mikey Wozniak
Nova Music Productions
this sig is haiku

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Martel David Martel is offline

Mike,

I think your recommendation's a good one but the OP seems to be looking
for schools that do not require 4 yrs. to award a degree. I was one of the
people who suggested that he try posting here. I did check out the web-site
of this institute and was left wondering if any of the faculty were ready to
teach the math and physics that an audio "engineer" would need. I was not
clear on what the OP's relative expected for the money spent on tuition.

Dave M.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
TimW TimW is offline

Yes, I have had several peoplr recommend MTSU, but the young man in question
has a learning disability and is trying to avoid as much non-related (i.e.
History, Biology, etc...) as possible...
Thanks
TimW

"Michael Wozniak" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"TimW" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

"TimW" wrote in

Yes, I have had several peoplr recommend MTSU, but the young man in
question has a learning disability and is trying to avoid as much
non-related (i.e. History, Biology, etc...) as possible...

How does that stop him from taking all the classes he wants? He just won't
graduate with a degree.

Would a degree from SAE be that much more valuable than classes from MTSU?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

TimW wrote:
Hi folks,

It was suggested that I post in this newsgroup (I spend my time mostly in
Rec.Music.Makers.Guitar.Acoustic) about this particluar organization. I am
trying to find out al little more about this place. I have a young aspiring
Recording Engineer friend looking for a place to get some training. He does
not wish to attend a four year college but would like to attend a school
that is well thought of in this Industry. This BTW is one of the closer ones
as he lives in East Tennessee. Any comments or suggestions are greatly
appreciated. Thanks in Advance...
Here is a link to their site...

http://www.sae-nashville.com/

Possibly OT to this discussion, any recommendations to online dittos?
US institutions doesn't help a cph based dude I have to work too...

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

Mogens V. wrote:
TimW wrote:

Hi folks,

It was suggested that I post in this newsgroup (I spend my time mostly
in Rec.Music.Makers.Guitar.Acoustic) about this particluar
organization. I am trying to find out al little more about this place.
I have a young aspiring Recording Engineer friend looking for a place
to get some training. He does not wish to attend a four year college
but would like to attend a school that is well thought of in this
Industry. This BTW is one of the closer ones as he lives in East
Tennessee. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
in Advance...
Here is a link to their site...

http://www.sae-nashville.com/

Possibly OT to this discussion, any recommendations to online dittos?
US institutions doesn't help a cph based dude I have to work too...

Meant for theory.. obtaining practical skills online may be a Bit hard.

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
TimW TimW is offline

That's a good thought but I am not sure MTSU would really want you "cherry
picking" classes or even allow it, but I guess you could do drop and add...
:-)

"Carey Carlan" wrote in message
"TimW" wrote in

Yes, I have had several peoplr recommend MTSU, but the young man in
question has a learning disability and is trying to avoid as much
non-related (i.e. History, Biology, etc...) as possible...

How does that stop him from taking all the classes he wants? He just
won't
graduate with a degree.

Would a degree from SAE be that much more valuable than classes from MTSU?

FS:Audio Institute VR-120S Tube Les Rosenberg Marketplace 0 September 6th 06 04:36 AM
Sound Engineering Bytes Cowc Pro Audio 1 February 13th 06 12:52 AM
Any sound/audio engineering pointers [email protected] Pro Audio 9 February 11th 06 05:14 PM
Best Sound Engineering Degree Rob Beech Pro Audio 59 June 19th 05 12:04 AM
SAE Institute Audio Engineer Program Poor Quality Bernard Couchemar Pro Audio 2 April 10th 04 04:10 PM