Eric

Default Anybody have different systems for different styles of music?

I used to put all my money into one system, but wanting some variety,
I branched off and started assembling a second system. My first
system consists of Magneplanar MGIIIA speakers with a custom 12" 7
foot tall sonotube sub I made, with Adcom amps, Sony ES, Arcam,
AudioControl stuff. Its midfi by audiophile standards, but better
then circuit city stuff. I eventually plan to add a center, and
rears but thats further down the road.

My second system is my pro audio/DJ system which I dont use for DJ but
its setup in my house, I have Electro-Voice Eliminator tops with 2 EV
SB180 subs, driven by an AB International amp and a Crown Macro-Tech
5000Vz respectively thru an Ashly crossover. Behringer and Soundcraft
mixers.

As you can see these are systems on totally opposite ends of the
spectrum. One is hifi, but doesnt get that loud, the other is rather
low fi but gets very loud.

But I have 2 systems cause each has its own personality. Amplified
music (rock, club) sounds awesome thru the DJ system and of course the
other system is used for movies and more delicate music, although I do
mix it up some. Psychadelic trance sounds interesting thru the
magnepan system as does jazz thru the PA system. Today I listened to
a Sheffield disc I had of jazz thru the PA system and I really liked
it.

So, are there others with 2 systems for different styles of music, or
am I smokin somethin?
Robert Morein

"Eric" wrote in message
m...
[snip]

So, are there others with 2 systems for different styles of music, or
am I smokin somethin?

Sure, I have several systems, not as choices for particular music, but for
the particular experiences they convey.

Lionel

Eric a écrit :
[...]

Yes if you have enough money you can smoke what you want... ;-)
It is obviously a question of cost, place, organization.
BTW what are "psychadelic trance sounds" ?
Have you already listen Jazz in a small overcrowded room with Saxophone,
trombone, piano, bass and drums at 3 meters from you ? No ? This is
really "psychadelic trance sound". :-)

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Eric" wrote in message
m...
[snip]

So, are there others with 2 systems for different styles of music, or
am I smokin somethin?

Sure, I have several systems, not as choices for particular music,
but for the particular experiences they convey.

That's been my approach. I suspect that is, in essence what Eric has done
only he has also aligned the various experiences of listening with musical
genres.

Eric

Lionel wrote in message ...

Yes if you have enough money you can smoke what you want... ;-)
It is obviously a question of cost, place, organization.
BTW what are "psychadelic trance sounds" ?
Have you already listen Jazz in a small overcrowded room with Saxophone,
trombone, piano, bass and drums at 3 meters from you ? No ? This is
really "psychadelic trance sound". :-)

Psychadelic trance is electronica style 'ambient' music that does not
have lyrics and is what you would hear at raves etc. Typically its
all synthesized and has alot of electronic processing but I still
enjoy that style of music even though its far from hifi. I went with
a PA system cause I do use it from time to time for 'real' DJ work,
and also what is more appropriate to reproduce rock and dance music
when the same exact systems are what you would hear at a live
performance/ club..not to mention the dynamics of such a system are
unbeatable. Very very efficient and high powered amps.

Eric

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Eric" wrote in message
m...
[snip]

So, are there others with 2 systems for different styles of music, or
am I smokin somethin?

Sure, I have several systems, not as choices for particular music,
but for the particular experiences they convey.

That's been my approach. I suspect that is, in essence what Eric has done
only he has also aligned the various experiences of listening with musical
genres.

Actually i think this is worded the most accurately, I couldnt quite
get the right words out in what I was trying to desribe. Ive only
used the PA system once for home theater (in a real theater, you'd be
listening to the same style 'pro audio' speakers and amps) but dang it
was the loudest thing I've ever heard haha.
Lionel

Eric a écrit :
Lionel wrote in message ...

[...]

Thanks for your kind explanations. I don't know this kind of music, but
the word "psychadelic" remember me some souvenir ;-). This is why I put
the question.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Lionel" wrote in message

Thanks for your kind explanations. I don't know this kind of music, but
the word "psychadelic" remember me some souvenir ;-). This is why I put
the question.

How is your Souvenir from London doing?

malcolm

"Lionel" wrote in message
Eric a écrit :
Lionel wrote in message

[...]

Jean Michel Jarre is bordering on it, and heavily inspired a lot of it.

dave weil

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:06:17 GMT, "malcolm"
wrote:

"Lionel" wrote in message
Eric a écrit :
Lionel wrote in message

[...]

Stick to fishing - something that you know about.

Lionel

dave weil a écrit :

Stick to fishing - something that you know about.

Is psychedelic music one of the numerous matters in which you excel ?
Is your Google ready ? Go !
;-)

dave weil

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:29:06 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

dave weil a écrit :

Stick to fishing - something that you know about.

Is psychedelic music one of the numerous matters in which you excel ?
Is your Google ready ? Go !

I know that Jarre isn't considered psychedelic trance by most people
who know about music. He's in the same category as someone like Edgar
Froese.

Nice "debating trade" tactic to try and change the subject being
discussed from psychedelic trance to psychedelic, the former being
pretty specific to groups like Aphex Twin and the latter being
anything from Jefferson Airplane and the Seeds to The Rain Parade and
Neutral Milk Hotel.

Now go back to getting druck on your neighbor's "world class beer" and
put on some Jean-Michel. If you don't have any, I can loan you my
German-pressed vinyl copy of In Concert Houston/Lyon. Heck, maybe you
were conceived at the latter show. I'm sure I won't have to loan you
my copy of Oxygene, right?

Of course, if you want to call it psychedelic trance, I suppose that
you're free to take some X and pretend to your heart's content.

Lionel

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :

Stick to fishing - something that you know about.

Is psychedelic music one of the numerous matters in which you excel ?
Is your Google ready ? Go !

I know that Jarre isn't considered psychedelic trance by most people
who know about music. He's in the same category as someone like Edgar
Froese.

Nice "debating trade" tactic to try and change the subject being
discussed from psychedelic trance to psychedelic, the former being
pretty specific to groups like Aphex Twin and the latter being
anything from Jefferson Airplane and the Seeds to The Rain Parade and
Neutral Milk Hotel.

Still peddling your immense culture ?
LOL, You cannot help yourself !
Greatfull Dead, Quicksilver messenger service, Gong ?
BTW I don't use any "tactic" you paranoid.
I guess you have already spent too much time to debate with Arnold
Krueger. :-)

Now go back to getting druck on your neighbor's "world class beer"

I never speak about "world class beer". This is again one of your
phantasms. I modestly speak about good beers the rest is the fruit of
your imagination, asshole.

put on some Jean-Michel. If you don't have any, I can loan you my
German-pressed vinyl copy of In Concert Houston/Lyon. Heck, maybe you
were conceived at the latter show. I'm sure I won't have to loan you
my copy of Oxygene, right?

I don't like Jean Michel Jarre it's not music. Keep your copy to impress
your little neighbour.

Of course, if you want to call it psychedelic trance, I suppose that
you're free to take some X and pretend to your heart's content.

If you was here since the begining of the thread I have written :
"Have you already listen Jazz in a small overcrowded room with
Saxophone, trombone, piano, bass and drums at 3 meters from you ? No ?
This is really "psychadelic trance sound".

Sorry, you lose.

Again.

dave weil

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :

Stick to fishing - something that you know about.

Is psychedelic music one of the numerous matters in which you excel ?
Is your Google ready ? Go !

I know that Jarre isn't considered psychedelic trance by most people
who know about music. He's in the same category as someone like Edgar
Froese.

Nice "debating trade" tactic to try and change the subject being
discussed from psychedelic trance to psychedelic, the former being
pretty specific to groups like Aphex Twin and the latter being
anything from Jefferson Airplane and the Seeds to The Rain Parade and
Neutral Milk Hotel.

Still peddling your immense culture ?
LOL, You cannot help yourself !
Greatfull Dead, Quicksilver messenger service, Gong ?

Yes, i would include all of those groups as well. The first two come
from the same culture as Jefferson Airplane, the second is something
that falls in the "from...to" category. And yes, I've been listening
to Gong since the early 70s and used to have all of their albums up to
and including the miserable watered-down jazz of the Pierre Moerlin
(sp?) verson of Gong. Daevid Allen may have lived in France but he was
still a Brit chuckle.

BTW I don't use any "tactic" you paranoid.

Au contraire, mon ami.

I guess you have already spent too much time to debate with Arnold
Krueger. :-)

Now go back to getting druck on your neighbor's "world class beer"

I never speak about "world class beer". This is again one of your
phantasms. I modestly speak about good beers the rest is the fruit of
your imagination, asshole.

You don't speak "modestly" of *anything*.

Sorry, you lose.

Again.

put on some Jean-Michel. If you don't have any, I can loan you my
German-pressed vinyl copy of In Concert Houston/Lyon. Heck, maybe you
were conceived at the latter show. I'm sure I won't have to loan you
my copy of Oxygene, right?

I don't like Jean Michel Jarre it's not music.

I thought you considered it psychedelic trance.

Keep your copy to impress your little neighbour.

Of course, if you want to call it psychedelic trance, I suppose that
you're free to take some X and pretend to your heart's content.

If you was here since the begining of the thread I have written :
"Have you already listen Jazz in a small overcrowded room with
Saxophone, trombone, piano, bass and drums at 3 meters from you ? No ?

Actually I have. I work in such a place, and while normally, the
groups only are three or four pice units, we occasionally have groups
that feature trumpet, trombone, sax, piano, bass and drums all at the
same time. The room is about 30 feet by 20 feet, with a full bar. It
seats about 60 and on weekends we get about 70 in there (standing room
only). So yes, I have far more experience in this matter than you do.

By the way, we've even had a French artist that plays there when he's
in town (about three times a year). Phillpe LeJeune - heard of him? He
dresses like Francois Truffaut (looks a little like him as well) and
plays a mean Dixieland piano (for a Frech guy).

This is really "psychadelic trance sound".

No it's not. since you claim that Jarre isn't "music", I claim that
you're talking out your foie gras once again.

Sorry, you lose.

Again.

Please take off Joe Le Taxi now before you hurt someone.
Lionel

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :

[...]

Daevid Allen is far to be the more important member of gong !
Google is your friend...

BTW I don't use any "tactic" you paranoid.

Au contraire, mon ami.

Non, je t'assure, je ne suis pas un homme de tactique.

I guess you have already spent too much time to debate with Arnold
Krueger. :-)

Now go back to getting druck on your neighbor's "world class beer"

I never speak about "world class beer". This is again one of your
phantasms. I modestly speak about good beers the rest is the fruit of
your imagination, asshole.

You don't speak "modestly" of *anything*.

This is a subjective point of view and it can't be counted as a point. ;-)

put on some Jean-Michel. If you don't have any, I can loan you my
German-pressed vinyl copy of In Concert Houston/Lyon. Heck, maybe you
were conceived at the latter show. I'm sure I won't have to loan you
my copy of Oxygene, right?

I don't like Jean Michel Jarre it's not music.

I thought you considered it psychedelic trance.

Jean Michel Jarre is psychedelic trance for witers on week-end.

[...]

Dave, I dont know how to explain that to you once again.
I don't care about your culture ! Understand ?
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CULTURE !
Is it clear enough now ?

This is really "psychadelic trance sound".

No it's not. since you claim that Jarre isn't "music", I claim that
you're talking out your foie gras once again.

Sorry, you lose.

Again.

Please take off Joe Le Taxi now before you hurt someone.

You see you fail again in real French you should say "Jo Le Taxi"

Return to listen to Jackson Five. ;-)

dave weil

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:53:00 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

Daevid Allen is far to be the more important member of gong !

I agree. Hence my point about Pierre's version of the group, which in
my mind, wasn't really Gong at all. At that point, I waved goodbye to
the pothead pixies. I think that was in 1978 or so, back when you were
13 or so.
dave weil

wrote:

BTW I don't use any "tactic" you paranoid.

Au contraire, mon ami.

Non, je t'assure, je ne suis pas un homme de tactique.

Je suis en désaccord...et je suis correct.

dave weil

wrote:

Dave, I dont know how to explain that to you once again.
I don't care about your culture ! Understand ?
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CULTURE !
Is it clear enough now ?

You sure spend a lot of time proving the contrary.

I guess you're ****ed because you didn't think I had ever been in a
small room listening to jazz with a bunch of instruments.

HA!

Poor guy. I've got you wound tighter than a French twist. I'd suggest
a nice calming cup of hot tea. You can share it with your new friend,
ScottW. Now *there's* a guy of culture that you can swap spit with...
dave weil

wrote:

Please take off Joe Le Taxi now before you hurt someone.

You see you fail again in real French you should say "Jo Le Taxi"

Not if you're talking about the Vanessa Paradis song "Joe Le Taxi".
Guess you're pretty dumb after all. If you want to bitch, bitch to
Mrs. Depp.

Return to listen to Jackson Five. ;-)

In fact, I *do* listen to The Jackson Five on occasion. I happen to
like Motown. And thanks for "NOT CARING ABOUT MY (sic) CULTURE" once
again (shouting courtesy of you). guffaw
Lionel

wrote:

Daevid Allen is far to be the more important member of gong !

I agree. Hence my point about Pierre's version of the group, which in
my mind, wasn't really Gong at all. At that point, I waved goodbye to
the pothead pixies. I think that was in 1978 or so, back when you were
13 or so.

You are very old don't you ? ;-)

Lionel

wrote:

BTW I don't use any "tactic" you paranoid.

Au contraire, mon ami.

Non, je t'assure, je ne suis pas un homme de tactique.

Je suis en désaccord...et je suis correct.

Ok, if you want I never watch the things under this light.
After all, why not. Thanks.

Lionel

wrote:

Dave, I dont know how to explain that to you once again.
I don't care about your culture ! Understand ?
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CULTURE !
Is it clear enough now ?

You sure spend a lot of time proving the contrary.

I guess you're ****ed because you didn't think I had ever been in a
small room listening to jazz with a bunch of instruments.

It would have been a shame for you... You are old and you live in USA.
Have you seen Archie Shepp recently ?

HA!

Poor guy. I've got you wound tighter than a French twist. I'd suggest
a nice calming cup of hot tea. You can share it with your new friend,
ScottW. Now *there's* a guy of culture that you can swap spit with...

Why are you speaking about ScottW ?
He is an republican asshole as sure as you are a "nitpicking anal
retentive waiter". For your interiority complex, seen your sychologist. ;-)

Lionel

wrote:

Please take off Joe Le Taxi now before you hurt someone.

You see you fail again in real French you should say "Jo Le Taxi"

Not if you're talking about the Vanessa Paradis song "Joe Le Taxi".
Guess you're pretty dumb after all. If you want to bitch, bitch to
Mrs. Depp.

Who are you speaking about ? :-)

Return to listen to Jackson Five. ;-)

In fact, I *do* listen to The Jackson Five on occasion. I happen to
like Motown. And thanks for "NOT CARING ABOUT MY (sic) CULTURE" once
again (shouting courtesy of you). guffaw

Papa was a rolling stone...

ScottW

wrote:

Dave, I dont know how to explain that to you once again.
I don't care about your culture ! Understand ?
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CULTURE !
Is it clear enough now ?

You sure spend a lot of time proving the contrary.

I guess you're ****ed because you didn't think I had ever been in a
small room listening to jazz with a bunch of instruments.

HA!

Poor guy. I've got you wound tighter than a French twist.

Another false claim of accomplishment from a master of false
accomplishments.
Is this stage of Weilism before or after a meltdown?

I'd suggest
a nice calming cup of hot tea. You can share it with your new friend,
ScottW. Now *there's* a guy of culture that you can swap spit with...

Still upset that you were shown to be wrong on at least 3 points
before I melted under your withering attack of inaccurate knowledge?

Dave's having a rough time of late. First he shows his technical
incompetence with a lack of comprehension of linear and angular
motion. Then he reveals his lack of knowledge in the cost of housing,
education, taxes, and his socialist responsibility.
And now his knowledge of French bigotry has been obsoleted by
demographic changes. Still, through it all he maintains a pompous
Trotskylike arrogance
which reveals the real Dave. A shallow man of limited accomplishments
stubbornly clinging to an inflated opinion of himself. He is, in his
mind, one of the betters. chuckle, s******, and hardy har har)

George, Dave could use a little support here... George? Please
George!

ScottW
dave weil

wrote:

[...]

And the meltdown continues.

ScottW

"dave weil" wrote in message
On 22 Jan 2004 14:45:36 -0800, (ScottW) wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Failure to refute a single point noted.

ScottW

S888Wheel

Dave, I dont know how to explain that to you once again.
I don't care about your culture ! Understand ?
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CULTURE !
Is it clear enough now ?

Then stop listening to Jazz.
Lionel

S888Wheel a écrit :

Dave, I dont know how to explain that to you once again.
I don't care about your culture ! Understand ?
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CULTURE !
Is it clear enough now ?

Then stop listening to Jazz.

Wrong way, music has no frontier.
Moreover I doubt that Dave Weil is an "Old Black Joe". ;-)
Hearing his first name music I imagine some german or central european
origins.
I guess that the influence of his culture on the jazz music is more from
the Bartok or Stockhausen side than the American Armstrong, Parker,
Ellington... ;-)

I know neither you nor him don't *CARE ABOUT MY CULTURE* !
(frustrating no ?)

dave weil

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:18:08 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

S888Wheel a écrit :

Dave, I dont know how to explain that to you once again.
I don't care about your culture ! Understand ?
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CULTURE !
Is it clear enough now ?

Then stop listening to Jazz.

Wrong way, music has no frontier.
Moreover I doubt that Dave Weil is an "Old Black Joe". ;-)
Hearing his first name music I imagine some german or central european
origins.

Half that and half Scotch-Irish, with a little American Indian thrown
in. My mom's family name was Sims.

I guess that the influence of his culture on the jazz music is more from
the Bartok or Stockhausen side than the American Armstrong, Parker,
Ellington... ;-)

Actually you're wrong, because most of my "jazz influence" as you term
it, comes from my growing up in Memphis and being influenced by guys
like Furry Lewis (who once played in my living room). I am also a
fairly accomplished blues harmonica player, learned by being immersed
in blues from a fairly early age. I later branched out into being
interested in many forms of jazz, including the people that you named,
as well as some of the early white pioneers of jazz as well.

I *do* like the two classical composers that you mention though.

I know neither you nor him don't *CARE ABOUT MY CULTURE* !

This is kind of ironic, since your shout was in response to my query
as to whether you knew the French jazz pianist Phillipe LeJeune.

(frustrating no ?)

Well, I know that it's frustrating from *my* standpoint.

S888Wheel

Lionel said

Dave, I dont know how to explain that to you once again.
I don't care about your culture ! Understand ?
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CULTURE !
Is it clear enough now ?

I said

Then stop listening to Jazz.

Lionel said

Wrong way, music has no frontier.

What are you trying to say? Doesn't really matter. Jazz is a part of American
culture. If you don't care about American culture you shouldn't be listening to
Jazz.

Lionel said

Moreover I doubt that Dave Weil is an "Old Black Joe". ;-)
Hearing his first name music I imagine some german or central european
origins.

So were you saying that you don't care about German or central European culture
or are you just spinning now? I'm pretty sure that Dave is American and
considers American culture to be his culture.

Lionel said

I know neither you nor him don't *CARE ABOUT MY CULTURE* !
(frustrating no ?)

You don't know jack obviously. I have expressed my love and admiration for
France and French culture more than once in posts you have responded to. I do
care about French culture. I don't care about you.
Lionel

wrote:

S888Wheel a écrit :

[...]

This should have been a joke but it's a little bit difficult.

I am also a
fairly accomplished blues harmonica player, learned by being immersed
in blues from a fairly early age. I later branched out into being
interested in many forms of jazz, including the people that you named,
as well as some of the early white pioneers of jazz as well.

As a lot of guys I have tried to play blues guitar without any success,
too much problem to keep the rhythm. I renounced after my drummer tried
to kill me.

I *do* like the two classical composers that you mention though.

A little bit "difficult" but very interesting.

I know neither you nor him don't *CARE ABOUT MY CULTURE* !

This is kind of ironic, since your shout was in response to my query
as to whether you knew the French jazz pianist Phillipe LeJeune.

I don't know him but I have done a search and I see that this guy has
already a curriculum vitae. ;-) He has recorded something with Memphis
Slim...
I love piano but boogie and dixieland aren't my prefered cup of tea.
BTW I have seen Memphis Slim one time 20 years ago, it's a very kind man
and the concert was very "friendly".

(frustrating no ?)

Well, I know that it's frustrating from *my* standpoint.

This was also a joke...

Lionel

S888Wheel a écrit :

Wrong way, music has no frontier.

What are you trying to say? Doesn't really matter. Jazz is a part of American
culture. If you don't care about American culture you shouldn't be listening to
Jazz.

Jazz is also part of French culture.

dave weil

wrote:

S888Wheel a écrit :

[...]

Fair enough.

I am also a
fairly accomplished blues harmonica player, learned by being immersed
in blues from a fairly early age. I later branched out into being
interested in many forms of jazz, including the people that you named,
as well as some of the early white pioneers of jazz as well.

As a lot of guys I have tried to play blues guitar without any success,
too much problem to keep the rhythm. I renounced after my drummer tried
to kill me.

I *do* like the two classical composers that you mention though.

A little bit "difficult" but very interesting.

I don't find Bartok particularly difficult, but Stockhausen, yeah,
he's challenging, all right.

I know neither you nor him don't *CARE ABOUT MY CULTURE* !

This is kind of ironic, since your shout was in response to my query
as to whether you knew the French jazz pianist Phillipe LeJeune.

I don't know him but I have done a search and I see that this guy has
already a curriculum vitae. ;-) He has recorded something with Memphis
Slim...
I love piano but boogie and dixieland aren't my prefered cup of tea.

Fair enough. I would also say that after a couple of hours of LeJeune,
it gets a little "samey" sounding.

BTW I have seen Memphis Slim one time 20 years ago, it's a very kind man
and the concert was very "friendly".

He was HUGE in France. Didn't he end up living there in the last days
of his life (like Josephine Baker and Sidney Bechet)?

(frustrating no ?)

Well, I know that it's frustrating from *my* standpoint.

This was also a joke...

Fair enough.
Lionel

What does "fair enough" means ?

cwvalle

"Lionel" wrote in message
S888Wheel a écrit :

Wrong way, music has no frontier.

What are you trying to say? Doesn't really matter. Jazz is a part of

American
culture. If you don't care about American culture you shouldn't be

listening to
Jazz.

Jazz is also part of French culture.

Most american jazz artists went to paris
they couldn't find support
here in america

Hill Billy music is american culture
just go to Branson, Mo. and see ...

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"cwvalle" wrote in message
igy.com...
S888Wheel a écrit :

Wrong way, music has no frontier.

What are you trying to say? Doesn't really matter. Jazz is a part of

American
culture. If you don't care about American culture you shouldn't be

listening to
Jazz.

Jazz is also part of French culture.

Most american jazz artists went to paris
they couldn't find support
here in america

Hill Billy music is american culture
just go to Branson, Mo. and see ...

Bluegrass and traditional country:
It's roots are very European.

modern country is just generic pop or rock music with some
twang and pedal steel guitar.

dave weil

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:51:02 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

What does "fair enough" means ?

It means "I forgive you".

Well no, it actually means, "OK, I accept that it's a joke".
Lionel

dave weil a écrit :
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:51:02 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

What does "fair enough" means ?

It means "I forgive you".

Yes ? :-)

Well no, it actually means, "OK, I accept that it's a joke".

Thanks God, I prefer that...
....I was afraid by your above definitive decision ! ;-)

S888Wheel

S888Wheel a écrit :

Wrong way, music has no frontier.

What are you trying to say? Doesn't really matter. Jazz is a part of

American
culture. If you don't care about American culture you shouldn't be

listening to
Jazz.

Jazz is also part of French culture.

A samll part at best. Jazz is a product of American culture. Sure Europeans got
into it and some of them can really play but If one is interested in Jazz one
is interested in American culture. You cannot seperate Jazz from American
culture.