KGT

Default M Audio Audiophile usb Plus built in ac97

Can I use inputs from the M-audio and the built in sound card getting (
2 + 2 channels ) at the same time? I'm running XP with Cool edit pro

Thanks
Kevin T

RD Jones

KGT wrote:

Can I use inputs from the M-audio and the built in sound card getting (
2 + 2 channels ) at the same time? I'm running XP with Cool edit pro

Thanks
Kevin T

Yes, disable the MS mapper and assign the channels
within CEP. Why you would want to record from the
AC97 inputs is questionable because the AC97 spec
is very loose and every one I've ever tried was very
noisy.

rd

KGT

I dont want to but I'm making the best out of a situation I'm in
Just need it for scratch vocal and click track

Thanks
Kevin T

Forty Winks

"KGT" wrote in news:1119443098.264070.94660
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I dont want to but I'm making the best out of a situation I'm in
Just need it for scratch vocal and click track

Thanks
Kevin T

As you probably can't sync the clocks of the 2 cards together, you'll find
they'll almost definately drift out of sync with eachother. When you come
to play the 4 tracks back, they won't be in sync.

I used to record drums with 2 Soundblaster 32's on my Pentium 120 running
cool edit pro years ago and had the same problem.

Used to record Kick on soundcard 'a' left, snare on 'a' right and a stereo
mix of the kit on Soundcard 'b'. Had to edit the Kick and snare tracks to
put them back in sync with the rest of the kit. Works Ok if you're as skint
as I was at the time...