Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] hassan.bukhari@gmail.com is offline

Default Batch Windows Utility for Changing Audio Tempo, Music Key, andPlayback Rate

On Thursday, 20 December 2018 23:34:09 UTC+5, wrote:

Thanx for the hard work. I went to all the links and checked carefully. They all do work for attaching a single still pic to one mp3 to make it mp4 ... but i couldnt find any one solution for more than one mp3 (600 mp3 in my case) to get 600 mp4 files all with just one same still pic.

you could try asking at a video editing oriented newsgroup.

mark

Yes.. i understand that my initial query which was about mp3 speed change, has been addressed perfectly here by helping persons like you (Y) Now its moved to next stage where i want bulk mp3 conversion to mp4 so this may not be a platform for that. so i beg leave with many many thanx to all those who took interest in resolving it ..and the silent community who just read it... Thank you so much friends for helping on an 8 year old thread (Y) luv u all.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 20/12/2018 6:07 am, Phil W wrote:

- if it is such valuable music, treat it with due respect.

HaHa, you do realise he said these were cassette source?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, 21 December 2018 06:28:54 UTC+5, Trevor wrote:
On 20/12/2018 6:07 am, Phil W wrote:

- if it is such valuable music, treat it with due respect.

HaHa, you do realise he said these were cassette source?

78rpm vinyl records from 1940s transferred to cassette tapes in 1970s and now in 2018 he played the cassette and recorded with a cellphone placed next to cassette players' speaker .. recorded as mp4 videos which he sent me over whatsapp one by one in last 3 months.. total 600 mp4 files.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_3_] Ralph Barone[_3_] is offline

wrote:
On Friday, 21 December 2018 06:28:54 UTC+5, Trevor wrote:
On 20/12/2018 6:07 am, Phil W wrote:

- if it is such valuable music, treat it with due respect.

HaHa, you do realise he said these were cassette source?

78rpm vinyl records from 1940s transferred to cassette tapes in 1970s and
now in 2018 he played the cassette and recorded with a cellphone placed
next to cassette players' speaker .. recorded as mp4 videos which he sent
me over whatsapp one by one in last 3 months.. total 600 mp4 files.

I suppose it gets the gist across, but it would have been nice to archive
the 78s to a better medium.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"2018 he played the cassette and recorded with a cellphone placed next to cassette players' speaker .."

???!!

At the very least, that cassette could be played on a decent
cassette deck, convert the output from its RCA to the mini
line in on a PC soundcard, then record the cassette audio
into a DAW for editing.

Recording off a speaker is akin to video recording off the
TV screen - from a 30-45° angle no less! - and posting the
results on YouTube. Embarrassing.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
"2018 he played the cassette and recorded with a cellphone placed next to
cassette players' speaker .."

???!!

At the very least, that cassette could be played on a decent
cassette deck, convert the output from its RCA to the mini
line in on a PC soundcard, then record the cassette audio
into a DAW for editing.

Recording off a speaker is akin to video recording off the
TV screen - from a 30-45° angle no less! - and posting the
results on YouTube. Embarrassing.

It is what it is. Given the OP's lack of a time machine, he can't quite go
back to the 70s and squirrel away the 78s so that he can do a good digital
transfer now, nor can he go to whatever foreign country his friend was in
when he re-recorded the cassettes to video on a phone and buy him proper
equipment. At some point, somebody somewhere is going to hear this lousy
YouTube video and say to himself "Ah, I remember that. I loved that song.",
and the world will be a better place. It won't be the best place, but it
will be better.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 21/12/2018 03:17, wrote:
"2018 he played the cassette and recorded with a cellphone placed next to cassette players' speaker .."

???!!

At the very least, that cassette could be played on a decent
cassette deck, convert the output from its RCA to the mini
line in on a PC soundcard, then record the cassette audio
into a DAW for editing.

Reading all the posts and surmising about the back story, there's a good
possibility that the person with the recordings either does not have
access to or is not willing to invest in the cost of a computer for this
one job, or attempt to climb the learning curve of operating one, due to
their age. We also don't know how the discs were transcribed 40 years
ago, ( I'd not put any money on the recorder and turntable being
electrically connected) but the content is worth preserving, even if the
quality is dire.

So they are using what they have to do the job that they want to do.

In an ideal world, the original 78s would be available and a decent
transcription setup could be bought or rented. In the past, I've had to
accept sub-optimal conditions and results for stuff such as a demo tape
of a pub singer, where there was a stipulation that no visible or close
up microphones could be used.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill[_20_] Bill[_20_] is offline

In message , John Williamson
writes
In the past, I've had to accept sub-optimal conditions and results for
stuff such as a demo tape of a pub singer, where there was a
stipulation that no visible or close up microphones could be used.

I still vividly remember recording a solo lute concert in an old church,
where the performer insisted on the mics being hidden in the flowers at
the edges of the stage.
I wasn't happy, but it was going reasonably well until the massive
thunderstorm with torrential rain came along.......

But, in general, it's the performance and material that's key, and you
have to work with what you have.
--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, 21 December 2018 08:17:34 UTC+5, wrote:
"2018 he played the cassette and recorded with a cellphone placed next to cassette players' speaker .."

???!!

At the very least, that cassette could be played on a decent
cassette deck, convert the output from its RCA to the mini
line in on a PC soundcard, then record the cassette audio
into a DAW for editing.

Recording off a speaker is akin to video recording off the
TV screen - from a 30-45° angle no less! - and posting the
results on YouTube. Embarrassing.

Yes exactly thats i would have done on a professional level. But now i have to play with whats provided to me.. mp4 made of a shaky cellphone camera ... however with the courtesy of friend here i have managed to get them as mp3 with correct speed. Next am focusing on FFMPEG to batch convert them to mp4 with just one still pic.. getting close to it now :-) Thanx
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 21/12/2018 11:11, Bill wrote:
I still vividly remember recording a solo lute concert in an old church,
where the performer insisted on the mics being hidden in the flowers at
the edges of the stage.
I wasn't happy, but it was going reasonably well until the massive
thunderstorm with torrential rain came along.......

But, in general, it's the performance and material that's key, and you
have to work with what you have.

Exactly.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, 21 December 2018 08:27:41 UTC+5, Ralph Barone wrote:
wrote:
[...]

very right.. just Nostalgia is the objective here :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] hassan.bukhari@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, 22 February 2011 21:39:04 UTC+5, Valerian Kadyshev wrote:
Hi, audio professionals!

I'm here to tell you about my software.

Audio Speed Changer Pro lets you to speed up audio files without
changing the pitch. It is primarily intended for accelerating audio
books as well as podcasts, but can be surely used with any other sound
track or file. Batch processing feature and convenient user interface
make Audio Speed Changer Pro a valuable tool for book listeners and
authors who want to save time.

With the help of this program you can tune the different tempo, pitch
and even the playback rate for separate files in the list. You may use
it also for transcoding audio - configurable output to MP3, OGG,
PCM/WAV and AAC/MP4 file formats is supported. Converted audio will be
available for speed-listening on your PC, Smartphone, iPod and any
portable MP3 player.

Extra options include tag editing, downmixing to mono option, and the
ability to normalize volume. Audio Speed Changer Pro supports
drag-and-drop and can be integrated into the Windows Explorer shell for
quick access to its major functions.

Download now, at:
http://www.superutils.com/dloads/aud...-pro-setup.exe

More information at:
http://www.superutils.com/products/a...d-changer-pro/

Your questions, suggestions, and comments on this are highly welcome.

--
Kind regards, Valerian Kadyshev
Senior Developer

This software helped me so much.. Can i get email of this programmer? His websites have been shut down now and i just want a very small change in this software.. It has the option of mp3 Tagging in it but that doesnt work for all the mp3 in the batch list. It works only when i select one mp3 file at a time.. When selecting more than one files it asks to select only one mp3 file. I want the programmer to just add a check box of Select All for Tagging. or to provide a check box with each mp3 file. OR if someone else can do it other than the programmer if it has a source code.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Ralph Barone wrote:
"It is what it is.."

NOTHING of human design, origin, or intent "is
what it is".

Loser statement...
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, 21 December 2018 17:44:10 UTC+5, John Williamson wrote:
On 21/12/2018 12:05, wrote:
This software helped me so much.. Can i get email of this programmer? His websites have been shut down now and i just want a very small change in this software.. It has the option of mp3 Tagging in it but that doesnt work for all the mp3 in the batch list. It works only when i select one mp3 file at a time.. When selecting more than one files it asks to select only one mp3 file. I want the programmer to just add a check box of Select All for Tagging. or to provide a check box with each mp3 file. OR if someone else can do it other than the programmer if it has a source code.

If it's just for batch tagging, The Godfather is very powerful,
configurable and easy to use.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multim...odFather.shtml

There is a quick tutorial he-

http://roosenmaallen.com/mirror/tgf/tutorials/01/
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

thanx .. and NO to what u asked that if it is about mp3 tagging alone.. in fact i wanted to have "all in one" feature in this software.. so that not only one can change speed of so many mp3 but also tag them all too ..within the same program. But it seems like we have to use another program for Tagging all mp3 as batch.. am currently using "mp3Tag" a free software but i'll be definitely checking the links you provided.. many many thanx .. Am not a member of this google group yet but any member here have access to the email ID of that programmer Valerian Kadyshev i'll be highly obliged.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, 21 December 2018 18:44:14 UTC+5, John Williamson wrote:
On 21/12/2018 13:41, John Williamson wrote:
On 21/12/2018 13:31, wrote:

thanx .. and NO to what u asked that if it is about mp3 tagging
alone.. in fact i wanted to have "all in one" feature in this
software.. so that not only one can change speed of so many mp3 but
also tag them all too ..within the same program. But it seems like we
have to use another program for Tagging all mp3 as batch.. am
currently using "mp3Tag" a free software but i'll be definitely
checking the links you provided.. many many thanx .. Am not a member
of this google group yet but any member here have access to the email
ID of that programmer Valerian Kadyshev i'll be highly obliged.

Err, this isn't a "Google group", it's a usenet forum, and you join in
by posting.

If you have problems with the Google news interface, you need an account
on a news server (Often free), and a program such as PAN to read what's
posted here.

Here's his website...

http://www.superutils.com/products/a...d-changer-pro/

Oh, and by the way, going by the first link I found for him, he seems to
speak fairly good English. ;-)

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

but that website link is not working here.. should i try some free VPN if the website link gets open on your pc? Have you checked the link? plz inform.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
its not a google group?=20
it says
=20

Google has hijacked Usenet and presents Usenet groups as if they were
something that Google ran and operated. But this is not run or operated
by Google and it predates the existence of Google by several decades.
You can see it through Google but you can also see it through a conventional
Usenet client.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:
"It is what it is.."

NOTHING of human design, origin, or intent "is
what it is".

Loser statement...

Hey. I actually dislike that statement as much as anybody else, mostly
because it's a tautology, and doesn't add much to any argument. I suggest
you concentrate on my second statement, which I can restate as "Don't bring
me any solution that involves the use of a time machine."

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 21/12/2018 13:55, wrote:

http://www.superutils.com/products/a...d-changer-pro/

but that website link is not working here.. should i try some free VPN if the website link gets open on your pc? Have you checked the link? plz inform.

I checked that the link went to a website, unfortunately, I don't read
Russian. :-/

Sorry about that.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, 21 December 2018 19:47:48 UTC+5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:
its not a google group?=20
it says
=20

Google has hijacked Usenet and presents Usenet groups as if they were
something that Google ran and operated. But this is not run or operated
by Google and it predates the existence of Google by several decades.
You can see it through Google but you can also see it through a conventional
Usenet client.

ohh.. thats evil of google.. these chinese want to take over everything of universe.. am familiar with the name usenet since windows 3.1 days perhaps when AOL gave access to its users to usenet.. though i didnt use it. It was social network of those days i think :-) made for academia purpose perhaps... Now like every other social medium this one has pros n cons too i think. Unaware of traditional way to join it but now that am seeing it as google group, i noted that unlike other google or yahoo groups, this page has no option to JOIN the group.. also when a reply comes here and i get notified via email then i dont get any URL to reply back here.. another circumstantial evidence that google is just using it in a bogus way.. then i have to come here via history link of browser which is https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ro/PAzNrIhj1xE
so sad to reach helping people like you in a long n tedious n fake way :-(

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, 21 December 2018 21:14:29 UTC+5, John Williamson wrote:
On 21/12/2018 13:55, wrote:

http://www.superutils.com/products/a...d-changer-pro/

but that website link is not working here.. should i try some free VPN if the website link gets open on your pc? Have you checked the link? plz inform.

I checked that the link went to a website, unfortunately, I don't read
Russian. :-/

Sorry about that.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

its okay Sir. Google translator told the same old story. Site is closed and if someone wants to buy do blah blah blah .. so theres bo way to contact Valerian Kadyshev it means. or any way if i could directly join usenet?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 12/21/18 6:57 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:
"It is what it is.."

NOTHING of human design, origin, or intent "is
what it is".

Loser statement...

Hey. I actually dislike that statement as much as anybody else, mostly
because it's a tautology, and doesn't add much to any argument. I suggest
you concentrate on my second statement, which I can restate as "Don't bring
me any solution that involves the use of a time machine."

To me the phrase means, "I've explored all avenues for a better
outcome, and concluded that my present course of action is the
correct one, albeit unsatisfactory".
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Tobiah: "It is what it is" can be prevented with
more forethought and better decision making.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
Tobiah: "It is what it is" can be prevented with
more forethought and better decision making.

In other words, a time machine...

If the OP was asking for advice on how to prevent a future recurrence of
his situation, perhaps "It is what is is" isn't helpful, however when he
says "This is my situation right now. What can I do going forwards (another
phrase I dislike), going on about what he should have done in the past
doesn't help.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Saturday, 22 December 2018 02:28:49 UTC+5, Ralph Barone wrote:
wrote:
Tobiah: "It is what it is" can be prevented with
more forethought and better decision making.

In other words, a time machine...

If the OP was asking for advice on how to prevent a future recurrence of
his situation, perhaps "It is what is is" isn't helpful, however when he
says "This is my situation right now. What can I do going forwards (another
phrase I dislike), going on about what he should have done in the past
doesn't help.

sorry to interrupt.. just curious to know why am i getting email notifications on each message posted here. since am not on usenet but getting this from google group under a thread name "Batch Windows Utility for Changing Audio Tempo, Music Key, and Playback Rate" OR is it so that you people are commenting about other issues in this thread ??? just curious.. no offence plz..

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 22/12/2018 2:23 AM, wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:
"It is what it is.."

NOTHING of human design, origin, or intent "is
what it is".

Loser statement...

True, and pointed out by somebody who knows.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

wrote:

[...]

Works here. Where are you - maybe your government has blocked the
website/region/keywords/whatever where it came from.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

wrote:

http://www.superutils.com/products/a...d-changer-pro/

but that website link is not working here.. should i try some free VPN if the website link gets open on your pc? Have you checked the link? plz inform.

I checked that the link went to a website, unfortunately, I don't read
Russian. :-/

Sorry about that.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

its okay Sir. Google translator told the same old story. Site is closed and if someone wants to buy do blah blah blah .. so theres bo way to contact Valerian Kadyshev it means. or any way if i could directly join usenet?

Download a client like Thunderbird (ignore the email side of it, unless
you prefer it to what you use now) and find a free USENET server. Google
can be in some ways (but not USENET) your friend.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 22/12/2018 2:53 AM, wrote:
On Friday, 21 December 2018 18:41:59 UTC+5, John Williamson wrote:
On 21/12/2018 13:31,
wrote:

[...]

its not a google group?
it says

No. Google has merely an interface to USENET, which is free, public, and
not tied to a single interface or reader.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

wrote:
[...]

Every time I hear crap presented as nostalgia, I simply wish there was a
better source and move on. Life is too short for so many hours of
absolute crap in the guise of nostalgia. :-(

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:
"It is what it is.."

NOTHING of human design, origin, or intent "is
what it is".

Loser statement...

Hey. I actually dislike that statement as much as anybody else, mostly
because it's a tautology, and doesn't add much to any argument. I suggest
you concentrate on my second statement, which I can restate as "Don't
bring
me any solution that involves the use of a time machine."

To me the phrase means, "I've explored all avenues for a better
outcome, and concluded that my present course of action is the
correct one, albeit unsatisfactory".

There is always another course of action, ie not to bother wasting time
on ****! So much good stuff you could listen to instead, but won't have
time because you wasted it on crap. :-(