Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Tom Friedman Repeats i High I.Q. Risk-Takers /i 8 Times

((Micro$oft is a publicly subsidized mega-corporation which (along
with Silicon Valley competitors and enablers, like Intel) has
simultaneously stripped much of the developing world of its smart
fraction and destroyed the hope for good careers for hundreds of
thousands of Americans, mostly male but some female, mostly white but
some nonwhite, whose only failing is being smarter than average but
not enormously brilliant, and not from moneyed, connected families
like Mr. Gates. It's time-well, no, it's long past time, we treated M$
like a utility and not a "free market business" which it is not and
never has been. Bret.))

Tom Friedman Repeats Phrase “High I.Q. Risk-Takers” 8 Times

[Steve Sailer] @ 12:32 pm [Email author] [Email this article] [Print
this article] [Print this article]

"Thomas Friedman writes in the New York Times:

After all, Craig Mundie, the chief research and strategy officer
of Microsoft, asks: What made America this incredible engine of
prosperity? It was immigration, plus free markets. Because we were so
open to immigration–and immigrants are by definition high-aspiring
risk-takers, ready to leave their native lands in search of greater
opportunities — “we as a country accumulated a disproportionate share
of the world’s high-I.Q. risk-takers.”

… In its heyday, our unique system also attracted a
disproportionate share of high-I.Q. risk-takers to high government
service. So when you put all this together, with our free markets and
democracy, it made it easy here for creative, high-I.Q. risk-takers to
raise capital for their ideas and commercialize them. …

“When you get this happy coincidence of high-I.Q. risk-takers in
government and a society that is biased toward high-I.Q. risk-takers,
you get these above-average returns as a country,” argued Mundie.
“What is common to Singapore, Israel and America? They were all built
by high-I.Q. risk-takers and all thrived …

It isn’t drastic, but it is a decline–at a time when technology is
allowing other countries to leverage and empower more of their own
high-I.Q. risk-takers. If we don’t reverse this trend, over time, “we
could lose our most important competitive edge–the only edge from
which sustainable advantage accrues”–having the world’s biggest and
most diverse pool of high-I.Q. risk-takers, said Mundie."

http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2010/04/04/tom-friedman-repeats-phrase-high-iq-risk-takers-8-times/
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 4, 6:35*pm, Bret L wrote:

Does anybody ever bother to read Bratzi's tripe?

One wonders why he bothers posting. The world, it would seem, has
passed him by. LOL!

History Repeats Itself Jenn[_2_] Audio Opinions 2 May 3rd 09 07:03 PM
History Repeats Itself [email protected] Audio Opinions 0 April 28th 09 04:00 PM
Thomas L. Friedman On Unrestricted Immigration–Who Is Really The Idiot? [email protected] Audio Opinions 1 December 29th 08 02:04 PM
QC via repeats Carey Carlan Pro Audio 1 April 23rd 06 08:20 PM
History Repeats Itself Gerald Stombaugh Vacuum Tubes 4 November 5th 03 01:58 AM