Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ckenlying@yahoo.com.cn is offline

Default ECHO MONA was out?

I bought a ECHO MONA on ebay.imo,MONA is very great! It's sound's
good.

But my friend said:" hey,man~~the MONA is old~~you are outdate!"

so, my question is :I just to mixing,The ECHO MONA IS RELLAY OUTDATE?

THANKS.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
I bought a ECHO MONA on ebay.imo,MONA is very great! It's sound's
good.

But my friend said:" hey,man~~the MONA is old~~you are outdate!"

so, my question is :I just to mixing,The ECHO MONA IS RELLAY OUTDATE?

In the computer world, everything is out of date the minute that it
is introduced in the stores. That's just the way things are.

I'm using a tape machine that hasn't been made in 30 years and it sounds
just fine.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 12, 2:55 am, wrote:
I bought a ECHO MONA on ebay.imo,MONA is very great! It's sound's
good.

so, my question is :I just to mixing,The ECHO MONA IS RELLAY OUTDATE?

Everything is out of date. That only matter if:

1) It can no longer be used with your hardware of software - this
usually means driver development has stopped, which eventually
happens.

2) It's broken and it can't be fixed (most things like this are not
worth fixing unless they're in warranty)

3) You feel compelled to not be out of date for very long

Check the Echo web site and download the current drivers for i that
match your computert, Since I see that they have drivers going up
through Vista and Mac OS X, and going back to Win95 and Mac OS 8.7,
I'd say that it's still pretty well supported at least as long as the
hardware still works.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:
I bought a ECHO MONA on ebay.imo,MONA is very great! It's sound's
good.

But my friend said:" hey,man~~the MONA is old~~you are outdate!"

so, my question is :I just to mixing,The ECHO MONA IS RELLAY OUTDATE?

In the computer world, everything is out of date the minute that it
is introduced in the stores. That's just the way things are.

I'm using a tape machine that hasn't been made in 30 years and it sounds
just fine.
--scott

Oh hell, it's only out of date if it doesn't do something you need it to
do now. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
RD Jones RD Jones is offline
Senior Member

Location: Nashville

wrote:

I bought a ECHO MONA on ebay.imo,MONA is very great! It's sound's
good.

But my friend said:" hey,man~~the MONA is old~~you are outdate!"

so, my question is :I just to mixing,The ECHO MONA IS RELLAY OUTDATE?

The Mona interface has been discontinued by the manufacturer, Echo.
So in that very narrow sense it is outdated, and has been replaced in
the product line by another unit.

Some of the early Echo units (Layla, Gina, Darla) were sold in 20bit
versions that were later updated to 24bit. By the time Mona was
released everything was 24bit. The converters used in the echo
products are respectable. I have a Mia stereo card and it performs
well. In that wider sense the Mona is not at all outdated.

Driver support from Echo has been decent.

I wouldn't worry about being "outdated" unless you need something
the unit doesn't do or want to have the latest marketing numbers,
ie 192k.

rd

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 3ÔÂ13ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç3ʱ03·Ö, "RD Jones" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Thanks everyone very much!! Thanks.

I will persevere in my persuasion

getting rid of "echo"? Hugh A Pro Audio 23 October 17th 05 06:27 AM
WTB:Roland RE301 Chorus Echo (Space Echo) Ryan Stalter Pro Audio 0 February 25th 05 07:49 PM
Nuendo 2.0, Kontakt, and Echo Mona Chris Pro Audio 0 June 15th 04 10:35 PM
WTB: Echo Mia Nathan Hall Pro Audio 0 September 9th 03 11:04 PM
WTB: Echo Mia Nathan Hall Marketplace 0 September 9th 03 11:04 PM