Ge0

Default Ge0's garage sale - tons of stuff for a decent price.

I have the following items for sale. I have accumulated a lot of stuff over
the last few years that I thought I would need but never used, or just plain
need to get out of the way. Trying to scrounge up cash towoards my Alpine
F1 system (CDA-7990 and PXA-H900).

I have pictures of everything so ask to see them if you are interested.

Also, I'm more interested in money than trades at this time (unless you have
a CDA-7990 or PXA-900 of course). Please don't ask if I'll trade your Boss
Audio 15's for some of my gear (wouldn't mind a set of IDQ 12's though...).
Prices are firm but negotiable. I THINK I'm being fair. If interested in
anything be willing to pay what I'm asking.

All prices do not include shipping, shipping will be calculated and added
separately.

Clarion DRX6475 CD head unit with matching 6 disc changer - includes direct
connection cable between changer and head unit, wireless remotes, FM
modulator (in case you want to use changer with other radio), original box
and papers for head, original papers for changer. This system was used for
about 1 year and then shelved after I got the DENON system. It's in
excellent shape and functions flawlessly. Cool looking display for night
time entertainment. My wife thought it looked weird so she didn't want it.
ASKING $150

Alpine 7903 CD head unit - Old trusty standard. No thrills but excellent
sounding. It shows a little wear. Also, once in a while the CD will not
eject smoothly and you have to hoax it out. No manuals, boxes etc. Buy
it for something to mount in your boat, in your room, or on your moped.
Hey, it's cheap enough and it works!!!
ASKING $40.

Sony PBD-V30 portable DVD player - received as a trade for repair services.
I've never used it and probably never will. Functioned OK when I got it but
pulled it out of storage a few weeks ago and now it won't track properly.
Probably needs a lens cleaning. Selling AS IS with the DVD player itself
and 120VAC wall adaptor. Supposedly these things had batteries for true por
table operation. I did not receive batteries with it and do not have any
now. Can buy these from Sony if you need them. Unit is in good shape. Has
a few scratches from being mounted in a vehicle. No broken pieces that I
can tell. If you want to buy this ridiculously cheap and pay Sony to do a
tune up on it, it would be a nice little unit to have.
ASKING $30.

Phoenix Gold TBAT2 - Balanced line driver. NEW IN BOX. White in color.
Purchased this a few years ago thinking I wanted a balanced system. Ended
up going optical instead. Never opened or used this sucker.
ASKING $60

Kicker x3i active crossover - 18db/octave filters. Front input has variable
high pass. Rear input has separate high pass and lowpass (subwoofer out)
sections. Front and rear inputs can be tied together for two independently
adjustable high pass sections and another independent low pass section. All
outputs have independent level controls. Crossover is in great shape. The
silkscreen text has flaked off here and there but everything is still pretty
looking and legible.
ASKING $50

PPI DPX-222 active crossover - Very similar to the kicker unit. One set of
inputs, three sets of outputs (high pass1, highpass2, subwoofer out). High
pass sections are 12db/octave, low pass sub out is 18db/octave. Crossover
points all independently adjustable. Unit is in great shape. Some minor
scrapes from installation. Functions perfectly.
ASKING $40

Audiocontrol Four.1 preamp / EQ - another item I received as a trade,
thought I'd use it for sure, but never installed it permanently. Works like
a champ. A few small blemishes (small scratches and rub marks) on the top
and sides of the unit from being mounted in my vehicle. Face plate in
perfect condition except for dust that has collected on it over the last few
months. No boxes, paperwork, etc... Just the unit and removable power
connector. That's all you need though...
ASKING $100

a/d/s/ 450MX 4 channel amplifier - was a damn nice amp in its time, IMO
still is. 50Wx4, many bridging and x-over options. Can not say this is in
excellent cosmetic condition due to a few blemishes. Has patches on the
heat sink where paint chipped off. Covered these up with a black marker but
it does not look right. Can easily remove the black ink with some paint
thinner if you don't like my work. I purchased his amp a few years ago and
had to repair it since one channel was dead. I rebuilt this amp with little
effort and it runs like a champ now. Amp is fully functional and 100% bench
and in-vehicle tested.
ASKING $120

Kicker ZR240 2 channel amplifier - I'm not going to go over the specs here.
You can find this at Kickers website. Amp easily exceeds its ratings. In
excellent cosmetic condition. I purchased a palette full of parts
(populated circuit boards, heat sinks, misc hardware) and assembled this amp
myself. Amp functions flawlessly. Meets manufactures specs 100%. Passes
full set of lab tests and a minimum of 2 days in vehicle testing. Same as
any other ZR240 you would find on the market only runs cooler due to thermal
management modification I made. Will provide 30 day parts and labor
warranty against failure. Amp does not come with end caps, box, or manuals
(will provide electronically).
ASKING $100 with no crossover module or $125 with new SWX 24db/octave module
installed.

Kicker ZX460 4 channel amplifiers - I'm not going to go over the specs here.
You can find this at Kickers website. Amps easily exceed their ratings.
Cosmetic condition varies from great (have one amp with older style heat
sink and some scratches) to excellent. I purchased a palette full of parts
(populated circuit boards, heat sinks, misc hardware) and assembled these
amps myself. Amps function flawlessly. Meet manufactures specs 100%. Pass
full set of lab tests and a minimum of 2 days in vehicle testing. Same as
any other ZX460's you would find on the market only run cooler due to
thermal management modification I made. Will provide 30 day parts and labor
warranty against failure. Amps do not come with end caps, box, or manuals
(will provide electronically).
ASKING $120ea with no crossover module or $145 with new SWX 24db/octave
module installed.
Have 4 of these amplifiers.

Kicker ZR1000 2 channel amplifiers - I'm not going to go over the specs
here. You can find this at Kickers website. Amps easily exceed their
ratings. These things are behemoths. They deliver between 1300 and 1400W
into a 4 ohm bridged load. The amps are mounted in the older style BBQ
grill looking chassis (brushed aluminum on top). In pretty good shape
except each one of them has one or two broken mounting feet. I fabricated
new ones that hold the amps down fine but they still don't look perfect.
Also, the ZR1000 logo on the plastic end caps might be missing due to not
having enough of the ZR1000 end pieces (had XS100 instead but amps have
ZR1000 electronics). Again, these are builds from the palette full of
parts (populated circuit boards, heat sinks, misc hardware) I purchased and
assembled the amps myself. Amps functions flawlessly. Meet manufactures
specs 100%. Pass full set of lab tests and a minimum of 2 days in vehicle
testing. Same as any ZR1000's you would find on the market only run cooler
due to thermal management modification I made. Will provide 30 day parts
and labor warranty against failure. Amps do not come with end caps, box, or
manuals (will provide electronically).
ASKING $225ea with no crossover module or $250ea with new SWX 24db/octave
crossover module installed.
Have 4 of these amplifiers.

Kicker DX700 2 channel amplifiers - I'm not going to go over the specs
here. You can find this at Kickers website. Amps easily exceed their
ratings. Amps are in excellent shape. These were fully built amplifiers
from the palette full of parts (populated circuit boards, heat sinks, misc
hardware) I purchased. All I had to do was make new bottom cover plates
since the originals were missing. Amps functions flawlessly. Meet
manufactures specs 100%. Pass full set of lab tests and a minimum of 2 days
in vehicle testing. Same as any ZR1000's you would find on the market only
run cooler due to thermal management modification I made. Will provide 30
day parts and labor warranty against failure. Amps do not come with end
caps, box, or manuals (will provide electronically).
ASKING $210ea with new SWX 24db/octave crossover module installed.
Have 2 of these amplifiers left, and a third one in sale pending.

Sherwood SCP-1002BP 4 channel amp - not my first choice in high fidelity but
gets the job done in a modest system. 45Wx4 and bridgeable. No box,
manuals, etc... Just the amp. It's cheap and functional. Buy it to
complement the 7903 head unit.
ASKING $40

Old School PPI 2150 - Received amp as a trade. Tested it but never
installed it long term. Functions fine. Great condition except the PPI
logo was removed from the top of the amp since the previous owner did not
like it (whatever, I've seen people do goofier things...) Amp rated for
150Wch peak, 75Wch RMS. Testing shows it does just that. Priced to sell
ASKING $60

Crystal CMP10 subwoofer - (designed and built by TC sounds, not the new
Korean substitute) I ran a set of CMP10's for over a year mounted inverted
(I liked the pretty magnets). The best thing about them is that they have
a large XMAX and can be mounted in an extremely small enclosure. Had mine
mounted in .35cu/ft of air each. One sub stopped working for no reason one
day. The 30lb magnet on it had shifted and pinched the voice coil. I found
out the bolts that hold the magnet in place were loose from the factory.
The voice coil is still good but cone cannot move freely. Crystal says they
can fix this for a fee but I was not interested. They ****ed me off. I
thought it should be covered under warranty. The other sub still runs like
a champ. It's retaining bolts are fine. If you buy the working one I'll
give you the broken one to do with what you may (Have it repaired, use it as
a passive radiator, use it as a boat anchor, etc.) as long as you are
willing to pay the shipping for it. These things are heavy and shipping
will not be cheap. Have original boxes, paperwork, and packaging.
Asking $80

a/d/s/ AL-6 component set - anyone that has been around R.A.C long enough
knows I LOVE THESE SPEAKERS. They have a smooth sound and plenty of ooMF.
Probably the only 6-1/2 inch component driver I know of that has 8mm XMAX.
These suckers pump out smooth bass below 80Hz with little signs of stress.
Make the hairs on your leg tickle. Anyway, I purchased a set of a/d/s/
336is.2 speakers a year or so ago. After A/B comparisons it was a toss up
between the new ones and the AL-6's. The new ones had a slightly brighter
midrange so I sacrificed up front bass response for that. The AL-6's have
been sitting collecting dust since then. I purchased these as NEW old stock
a few years ago. The component set was treated nicely and is still in great
to excellent cosmetic condition. They are in perfect operating order. The
set comes with all the original packaging, paperwork, grills, crossovers,
and other accessories in the original box.
ASKING $100

Write me at if you have questions.

Thanks,

Ge0
TeamAMP #4 - tech whiz type of guy
Low cost car stereo equipment repair/ modification
Contact me for advice or a quote.
Always interested in buying dead equipment too.
Looking for answers on car stereo topics?
www.mobileaudio.com
www.teamrocs.com
http://go.to/bcae/
Geo uses:
Main Stage = a/d/s/ 336is.2
Rear fill = a/d/s/ 335is.2
Subs = Audiomobile Mass 2012 S24
Head unit = Denon DCT-1000R
Processor 1 = Orion DEQ30
Processor 2 = Tubedriver LDX-23 3-way x-over
Processor 3 = Ge0 brewed digital time delay
Sub Amp = a/d/s/ P4100.2
Main & rear fill amp = a/d/s/ P840.2
Interconnects = Streetwires ZN2.0, custom balanced and optical cabling
Power distribution = Streetwires
Ge0 rides Ventanna and GT MTB's
Bikes built from deals at WWW.MTBREVIEW.COM

John Durbin

If you replace the disc platter that may have gotten sticky due to the
migration of glue from the pad on it and cross-cut the load/unload
clutch disc in the loading mechanism plus make sure the loading rollers
are dry and clean, I bet that 7903 will quit bogarding your CD's... :-)

JD

Ge0 wrote:

[...]

John Durbin

Our new PPI DCX 650S component system's woofer has that kind of Xmax
too, not to mention a much more accurate dual gap neo motor design. I
had to chuckle the other day when I realized we were shipping a 2-way
component system that could match the Xmax and power handling of last
year's Orion Cobalt subs.

You're right about the AL6's rocking though ...

JD

Ge0 wrote:

[...]

Paul Vina

I had to chuckle the other day when I realized we were shipping a 2-way
component system that could match the Xmax and power handling of last
year's Orion Cobalt subs.

I don't know if that's funny or scary......

Paul Vina

jnugent

Geo uses:
Main Stage = a/d/s/ 336is.2
Rear fill = a/d/s/ 335is.2
Subs = Audiomobile Mass 2012 S24
Head unit = Denon DCT-1000R
Processor 1 = Orion DEQ30
Processor 2 = Tubedriver LDX-23 3-way x-over
Processor 3 = Ge0 brewed digital time delay
Sub Amp = a/d/s/ P4100.2
Main & rear fill amp = a/d/s/ P840.2
Interconnects = Streetwires ZN2.0, custom balanced and optical cabling
Power distribution = Streetwires

I have a MASS 2012 S24 with original box. Are you interested? You seem to
know what you are talking about; please reference my recent post.

"Ge0" wrote in message
s.com...
[...]

John Durbin

When you absolutely, positively want to hear the bass coming from in
front of you with no obvious coloration or sounds of distress, it's a
good thing ...

Seriously, we're using a 1-1/2" diameter coice coil, forced air cooling
in the spider area, a die-cast basket to help dissipate heat better,
very light moving mass and a unique dual gap neo motor that uses the
bucking magnet to help brake the moving mass dynamically instead of
relying on primarily the edge and spider. They're little beasts, but
damned fine sounding beasts.

JD

Paul Vina wrote:

I had to chuckle the other day when I realized we were shipping a 2-way
component system that could match the Xmax and power handling of last
year's Orion Cobalt subs.

I don't know if that's funny or scary......

Paul Vina

John Durbin

No problem, glad to pass on a few hard-learned tech tips.

If you ever want to see a thesis paper on failed/leaky electrolytic caps
in Sony CD-changers or OEM Toyota/Fujitsu radios, let me know :-)

JD
and don't get me started on field repair and restoration of Hirschmann
OEM power antennas

[...]

Nick Holden

I'd really like to see it!

I'm a Toyota Supra Owner's Group member (supras.com) and a lot of our members
are having problems with their stock stereos. I'd love to understand why.

Of course, my stereo isn't stock.

Thanks,
Nick

Ge0 wrote:

[...]

John Durbin

damn, I just sent you a private response but I can't find a copy to post
here.

Bottom line is I don't recall the leaky cap problem in Supra's although
there were other tendencies for sure, depending on the year and which
model radio. I can take a shot at long-distance diagnosis if you send me
the pics I mentioned. I think it was Corolla's with single-DIN radios
mounted fairly high in the dash and the first ones to go to those really
large, rounded corner buttons were the chronic offenders for caps.
They'd light up, tune, and play tapes but produce no sound when the cap
leakage cut a PCB trace that controls the intenral muting. Or,
eventually take out the power IC's if left unserviced.

JD

Nick Holden wrote:

I'd really like to see it!

I'm a Toyota Supra Owner's Group member (supras.com) and a lot of our
members
are having problems with their stock stereos. I'd love to understand why.

Of course, my stereo isn't stock.

Thanks,
Nick

[...]

John Durbin

It's all good stuff anyway :-)

JD
sent you a list of northern Cal dealers privately

Paul Vina wrote:

oops! I don't know what I was thinking.

Paul Vina

"John Durbin"
wrote in message ...
I imagine there is, but I'd have to check at work (I still have to
usenet from home, no newsgroups @ work) in the dealer database.
I'll let you know tomorrow.

However, these speakers are from the new Precision Power line
rather than Orion so I'll check that brand first :-)

JD

Paul Vina wrote:

They sound pretty mean. Do you know if there are any Orion
dealers in Sac? I don't think there are, but it never hurts to ask.

Paul Vina