Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro

Default What kind of spectrogram is this, anyway... ?

I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

Gary Eickmeier

"Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message

See attachment.

That is a beautiful work of art, isn't it?

I found it he

http://goo.gl/wnn8R4
[In Google Drive, you only click ONCE]

Click on "Speaker Recognition (NIST).pdf"

Those sharp curves cannot possibly come from a human speech system, can
they?

-Ramon

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
robert bristow-johnson robert bristow-johnson is offline

On 3/25/15 9:13 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

well, it's USENET. there aren't any rules. and least no rule-enforcers.

--

r b-j

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro

On 26/03/2015 03:07, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
On 3/25/15 9:13 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

well, it's USENET. there aren't any rules. and least no rule-enforcers.

And the message is text only, containing a URL linking to an image, so
within the rules for text only groups.

It's the same principle as linking to a Soundcloud file...

Incidentally, some news servers do either strip binary attachments from
posts or just delete posts with binaries before they get onto the server.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro

"John Williamson" wrote in message
On 26/03/2015 03:07, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
On 3/25/15 9:13 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

well, it's USENET. there aren't any rules. and least no rule-enforcers.

And the message is text only, containing a URL linking to an image, so
within the rules for text only groups.

It's the same principle as linking to a Soundcloud file...

Incidentally, some news servers do either strip binary attachments from
posts or just delete posts with binaries before they get onto the server.

No, it is not a link, it is a file sent along with his text message. I go to
a lot of trouble to post pictures or audio to a web site somewhere because I
should not send them in a message.

Gary

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message

"John Williamson" wrote in message
On 26/03/2015 03:07, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
On 3/25/15 9:13 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

well, it's USENET. there aren't any rules. and least no
rule-enforcers.

And the message is text only, containing a URL linking to an image, so
within the rules for text only groups.

It's the same principle as linking to a Soundcloud file...

Incidentally, some news servers do either strip binary attachments from
posts or just delete posts with binaries before they get onto the server.

No, it is not a link, it is a file sent along with his text message. I go
to a lot of trouble to post pictures or audio to a web site somewhere
because I should not send them in a message.

Gary

OK, for the quibblers out there it is both. Looks like he meant to send a
link, then also attached a 160k .png file to the message.

Gary

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro

On 26/03/2015 10:34, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message

"John Williamson" wrote in message
On 26/03/2015 03:07, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
On 3/25/15 9:13 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

Snip
It's the same principle as linking to a Soundcloud file...

Incidentally, some news servers do either strip binary attachments from
posts or just delete posts with binaries before they get onto the server.

No, it is not a link, it is a file sent along with his text message. I go
to a lot of trouble to post pictures or audio to a web site somewhere
because I should not send them in a message.

Gary

OK, for the quibblers out there it is both. Looks like he meant to send a
link, then also attached a 160k .png file to the message.

As I said, some news servers strip attachments in text only groups. It
appears that News Individual Net is one of them. I saw no attachment.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Whatever the server is, there's no attachment on Google groups.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
Ramon F Herrera[_2_] Ramon F Herrera[_2_] is offline

On 3/25/2015 8:13 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

Gary Eickmeier

Gary:

"There are no worse jails than those which we build for ourselves."

-Moi

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

No, it is not a link, it is a file sent along with his text message. I go to
a lot of trouble to post pictures or audio to a web site somewhere because I
should not send them in a message.

I bet a nickel you're using Outlook, which displays the link as if it were
a local file. This is specifically a function of your news client, other
people do not see this.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro

On 26/03/2015 13:33, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Gary Eickmeier wrote:

No, it is not a link, it is a file sent along with his text message. I go to
a lot of trouble to post pictures or audio to a web site somewhere because I
should not send them in a message.

I bet a nickel you're using Outlook, which displays the link as if it were
a local file. This is specifically a function of your news client, other
people do not see this.
--scott

Does Outlook do news now? I eschewed it many years ago because it
didn't, and Outlook Express which does is/ was Mode=polite not a good
program for any purpose.

Checks Ah, you need a plugin, which calls Outlook Express or Vista
Livemail to read news.

I'll stick to Thunderbird for now.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 11:07:59 PM UTC-4, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
On 3/25/15 9:13 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

well, it's USENET. there aren't any rules. and least no rule-enforcers.

Well, if I may, this is a non-binary group. If you posted an array of binary files (common with posting MP3s), your "provider" may take action.

Jack

--

r b-j