Ed

Default Amp Filters & HU Crossovers ?

My Eclipse amp has high & low pass filters and my Alpine 9813 has
Crossovers. Wouldn't the crossover in the HU only work if the speakers
were connected to the HU instead of the amp? Will the amp Hi & Low
pass filters negate the use of the HU crossover? Should I leave the HU
crossover alone and just fiddle with the amp filters? And then again
the component speakers have crossovers too. They're adjustable.
Yikes so many buttons and dials,so little time ! I've read the
instructions but they're not much help. The music sounds good, but
then it can always sound better, right ?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ed