Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_16_] Paul[_16_] is offline

Default Needing resonant low audio frequencies that affect the human body.

Needing resonant low audio frequencies that affect the human body.
White papers, tech notes schematics and applications would be fine.
We would like to trigger a bio response capable of going through
walls, specifically targeting the large intestine to cause
discomfort.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Paul wrote:

Needing resonant low audio frequencies that affect the human body.
White papers, tech notes schematics and applications would be fine.
We would like to trigger a bio response capable of going through
walls, specifically targeting the large intestine to cause
discomfort.

And y'all aren't smart enough to search the WWW. Good luck.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:

See "Stimulus of Large Bowl Peristalsis Via Brown Note External Sound
Pressure", by Eric Cartman, J.AES. Sorry I can't recall the issue.

No surprise the it's not easy to get the toothpaste back in the tube,
so to speak.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Paul wrote:
Needing resonant low audio frequencies that affect the human body.
White papers, tech notes schematics and applications would be fine.
We would like to trigger a bio response capable of going through
walls, specifically targeting the large intestine to cause
discomfort.

Doesn't work so well, not unless you're prepared to cause structural damage.

It's possible for something in the 7 Hz range to cause discomfort if you
can move a whole lot of air. But if you want it to go through a wall, you
need to do that by moving the wall back and forth, and walls don't like that.
Otherwise you wind up just coupling all the vibration into the structure
and just moving the floor.

There actually IS a Naval Research Lab memo on low frequency sonic weapons,
from WWII. It basically concludes they are not effective except in a
couple very specific environments.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...
In article ,
Paul wrote:
[...]

--scott

http://dictionaryofwar.org/node/418

Sonic weapons are in light use in Iraq and Afghanistan, and were
on standy and visibly present in the streets at the 2004 and 2008
R N C.

http://www.infowars.com/print/ps/soundcannon_photos.htm

And BTW... protestors arrested at the RNC this year were charged
as "Domestic Terrorists".

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/tec...or-weapon.html

http://crab.wordpress.com/2008/01/14...t2-infrasound/

http://www.geocities.com/area51/Shad...roject217.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weaponry

http://www.andybrain.com/archive/mb/sound_weapon.htm

enough....

Posted to rec.audio.pro

David Morgan \(MAMS\) /Odm wrote:

Sonic weapons are in light use in Iraq and Afghanistan, and were
on standy and visibly present in the streets at the 2004 and 2008
R N C.

http://www.infowars.com/print/ps/soundcannon_photos.htm

Yes. These aren't low frequency devices at all, though.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote ...
And BTW... protestors arrested at the RNC this year were charged
as "Domestic Terrorists".

What were the ones arrested at the DNC charged with?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Richard Crowley wrote:
"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote ...
And BTW... protestors arrested at the RNC this year were charged
as "Domestic Terrorists".

What were the ones arrested at the DNC charged with?

Zeal and fervor.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote:
"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote ...
And BTW... protestors arrested at the RNC this year were charged
as "Domestic Terrorists".

What were the ones arrested at the DNC charged with?

Zeal and fervor.

Wimps.
See, apparently Democrats are even better protesters. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] dwgriffi@gmail.com is offline

Just call Lemmy.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Keith Keith is offline

On Sep 6, 3:00*am, Paul wrote:
Needing resonant low audio frequencies that affect the human body.
White papers, tech notes schematics and applications would be fine.
We would like to trigger a bio response capable of going through
walls, specifically targeting the large intestine to cause
discomfort.

You might like to try and search alt.sci.physics.acoustics.
I read a paper there by Geoff Leventhal that had a graph showing adult
male chests resonating at 50hz,107db.
I guess when your ears go, you can experience vibration through your
chest.

Keith
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Just call Lemmy.

Is that at 867-5309?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

On Sep 5, 8:48*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Just call Lemmy.

Is that at 867-5309?
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

no that's Tommy :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

On Sep 5, 8:48*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Just call Lemmy.

Is that at 867-5309?
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

from the picture you can see the term LRAD on the back of the
"speaker" ,

and if you Google LRAD there is a bunch of interesting information...

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 13:00:38 -0400, Paul wrote
(in article
):

Needing resonant low audio frequencies that affect the human body.
White papers, tech notes schematics and applications would be fine.
We would like to trigger a bio response capable of going through
walls, specifically targeting the large intestine to cause
discomfort.

Paul,

Some spook once told me that 7 Hz is the resonant frequency of the anal
sphincter..or was it 4 Hz?

He suggested they might have used it to cause evacuation during
interrogation.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU

Posted to rec.audio.pro
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
Ty Ford wrote:

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 13:00:38 -0400, Paul wrote
(in article
):

Needing resonant low audio frequencies that affect the human body.
White papers, tech notes schematics and applications would be fine.
We would like to trigger a bio response capable of going through
walls, specifically targeting the large intestine to cause
discomfort.

Paul,

Some spook once told me that 7 Hz is the resonant frequency of the anal
sphincter..or was it 4 Hz?

He suggested they might have used it to cause evacuation during
interrogation.

I wouldn't consider this the last word, but the Mythbusters episode
result was "busted."

http://www.meyersound.com/news/2004/brown_note/

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Ty Ford wrote:

Some spook once told me that 7 Hz is the resonant frequency of the anal
sphincter..or was it 4 Hz?

You're talking about the resonant frequency of the abdominal cavity.

He suggested they might have used it to cause evacuation during
interrogation.

Yes. It varies a lot from person to person because people are all different
shapes and sizes, but in general it's something in that region.

The bad news is that it's not easy to send a big 7 Hz wave a long distance
outside, or easily send it through a building. A lot easier to do it in
a sealed interrogation chamber.

In general, lots of low freqencies can cause people to become very tense
end edgy... and that's another thing that people doing interrogations like.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
TimR TimR is offline

Try a google search on "gavreau."
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Max[_4_] Max[_4_] is offline

"Paul" wrote in message
We would like to trigger a bio response capable of going through
walls, specifically targeting the large intestine to cause
discomfort.

Gastroentiritis?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Max[_4_] Max[_4_] is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:
Just call Lemmy.

Is that at 867-5309?

I can just see it now Scott! "Lemmy lemmy, you're the girl for meeee..." ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Max[_4_] Max[_4_] is offline

"Mark" wrote in message
and if you Google LRAD there is a bunch of interesting information...

Reverse it, and you get DARL :-) hehe..

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Max[_4_] Max[_4_] is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
The bad news is that it's not easy to send a big 7 Hz wave a long distance
outside, or easily send it through a building. A lot easier to do it in
a sealed interrogation chamber.

I do wonder though if the cue tones on commercially pre-recorded cassette
tapes would be in this 7 hz range..they could take the easy way out and just
loop the cue tone.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
Ty Ford wrote:

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 13:00:38 -0400, Paul wrote
(in article
):

Needing resonant low audio frequencies that affect the
human body. White papers, tech notes schematics and
applications would be fine. We would like to trigger a
bio response capable of going through walls,
specifically targeting the large intestine to cause
discomfort.

Paul,

Some spook once told me that 7 Hz is the resonant
frequency of the anal sphincter..or was it 4 Hz?

He suggested they might have used it to cause evacuation
during interrogation.

I wouldn't consider this the last word, but the
Mythbusters episode result was "busted."

http://www.meyersound.com/news/2004/brown_note/

Panache of the Meyer name notwithstanding, I did not think that it was the
best possible effort.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

MiNe 109 wrote:

Cache aside, I agree, hence not considering the episode the last word.
OTOH, if a circle of PA speakers won't do the job, the OP probably is
out of luck.

I do not agree with the mythbusters on this, I have tried standing inside a
church organ while it was being operated and it definitely did stimulate the
overall peristaltics somewhat, not enough to constitute A problem but
certainly enough to make a visit to the bathroom with no undue delay.

So I count that "busted" as as incorrect as their bridge tale, in which they
forgot to check a stone bridge sans mortar or concrete for the effect of the
shockwave from marching soldiers and instead focused on resonant, bending
structures.

Stephen

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Peter Larsen" wrote...
I do not agree with the mythbusters on this, I have tried standing inside
a church organ while it was being operated and it definitely did stimulate
the overall peristaltics somewhat, not enough to constitute A problem but
certainly enough to make a visit to the bathroom with no undue delay.

So I count that "busted" as as incorrect as their bridge tale, in which
they forgot to check a stone bridge sans mortar or concrete for the effect
of the shockwave from marching soldiers and instead focused on resonant,
bending structures.

I agree that it was one of their experiments that lacked complete
comprehension of the effect. However, it did prove conclusively
(at least to my satisfaction) that this is not likely to be developed
into any kind of long- (or even medium-) range "weapon".

In fact it seems unlikely that it could be deployed unless you could
coax the victim into a specially-configured enclosed space. Which
means that there are plenty of more convenient things you could do
to your victim.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Peter Larsen" wrote ...

I do not agree with the mythbusters on this, I have tried standing inside
a church organ while it was being operated and it definitely did stimulate
the overall peristaltics somewhat, not enough to constitute A problem but
certainly enough to make a visit to the bathroom with no undue delay.

But to be around the "brown-note" fequency you would have had to be
inside an organ with at least 32ft (16Hz) rank, or 64ft (8Hz) pedal rank.
There aren't many functioning 64ft ranks left on the planet. :-(

OTOH, parents can confirm that just the process of getting kids into
the car and starting on a long journey is enough to stimulate "overall
peristaltics somewhat". :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Peter Larsen" wrote:

MiNe 109 wrote:

Cache aside, I agree, hence not considering the episode the last word.
OTOH, if a circle of PA speakers won't do the job, the OP probably is
out of luck.

I do not agree with the mythbusters on this, I have tried standing inside a
church organ while it was being operated and it definitely did stimulate the
overall peristaltics somewhat, not enough to constitute A problem but
certainly enough to make a visit to the bathroom with no undue delay.

So I count that "busted" as as incorrect as their bridge tale, in which they
forgot to check a stone bridge sans mortar or concrete for the effect of the
shockwave from marching soldiers and instead focused on resonant, bending
structures.

Now all the OP has to do is install a pipe organ! I wonder why the
bombarde does the job but bass bins fail.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jack[_7_] Jack[_7_] is offline

In article ,
"Richard Crowley" wrote:

"Peter Larsen" wrote ...

I do not agree with the mythbusters on this, I have tried standing inside
a church organ while it was being operated and it definitely did stimulate
the overall peristaltics somewhat, not enough to constitute A problem but
certainly enough to make a visit to the bathroom with no undue delay.

But to be around the "brown-note" fequency you would have had to be
inside an organ with at least 32ft (16Hz) rank, or 64ft (8Hz) pedal rank.
There aren't many functioning 64ft ranks left on the planet. :-(

OTOH, parents can confirm that just the process of getting kids into
the car and starting on a long journey is enough to stimulate "overall
peristaltics somewhat". :-)

Didn't Radio City Music Hall replace their long pipes years ago with
those huge 30 inch woofers EV (IIRC) had?

--
Jack N2MPU
Proud NRA Life Member
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

OTOH, parents can confirm that just the process of
getting kids into the car and starting on a long journey is enough to
stimulate "overall peristaltics somewhat". :-)

Brings back the memories....

Fortunately, the last of the coffee was sipped down at least an hour ago.

LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jack" wrote in message

In article ,
"Richard Crowley" wrote:

"Peter Larsen" wrote ...

I do not agree with the mythbusters on this, I have
tried standing inside a church organ while it was being
operated and it definitely did stimulate the overall
peristaltics somewhat, not enough to constitute A
problem but certainly enough to make a visit to the
bathroom with no undue delay.

But to be around the "brown-note" fequency you would
have had to be inside an organ with at least 32ft (16Hz)
rank, or 64ft (8Hz) pedal rank. There aren't many
functioning 64ft ranks left on the planet. :-(

OTOH, parents can confirm that just the process of
getting kids into
the car and starting on a long journey is enough to
stimulate "overall peristaltics somewhat". :-)

Didn't Radio City Music Hall replace their long pipes
years ago with those huge 30 inch woofers EV (IIRC) had?

I don't know about the Radio City, but using electronics for the lowest rank
has been widely accepted for at least 30 years.

The Ruffatti Organ in Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco being an early
example (ca. late 60s, early 70s).

BTW by modern standards, the EV 30W was a wretchedly incompetent device. I'm
sure that there are modern 10 inch drivers that outperform it in every way.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Richard Crowley wrote:

"Peter Larsen" wrote ...

I do not agree with the mythbusters on this, I have tried standing
inside a church organ while it was being operated and it definitely
did stimulate the overall peristaltics somewhat, not enough to
constitute A problem but certainly enough to make a visit to the
bathroom with no undue delay.

But to be around the "brown-note" fequency you would have had to be
inside an organ with at least 32ft (16Hz) rank, or 64ft (8Hz) pedal
rank. There aren't many functioning 64ft ranks left on the planet. :-(

The organ player knew very well what he was doing, it was the organ in
Jaegersborg Church, not at all the largest on the planet. And I think it is
about beat- or difference tones.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

BTW by modern standards, the EV 30W was a wretchedly incompetent device.

I'm
sure that there are modern 10 inch drivers that outperform it in every

way.

It did, however, do the job for which it was designed very well. That job
was impressing guests.

Playing music was a different story.

Peace,
Paul