Doc

Default Keep getting "mmsvc32.exe has to close" message

When I run Cakewalk Pro Audio 8 in WinXP Home, I often get this message,
have no idea what it means. CWPA8 still seems to run. Anyone know what this
is?

Ben Bradley

In cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro and alt.windows-xp, On Thu, 11 Aug
2005 15:32:48 GMT, "Doc" wrote:

When I run Cakewalk Pro Audio 8 in WinXP Home, I often get this message,
have no idea what it means. CWPA8 still seems to run. Anyone know what this
is?

I've always had good luck Googling for error-related program names.
mmsvc32 appears to be virus-related. Got an anti-virus program?

-----
http://www.mindspring.com/~benbradley
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Doc" wrote in message nk.net...
When I run Cakewalk Pro Audio 8 in WinXP Home, I often get this message,
have no idea what it means. CWPA8 still seems to run. Anyone know what this
is?

You've got a virus. You will need to run a removal tool and make a check
of the registry for a large number of files. Welcome to the NANPY-A worm.
Get it out quickly, as it tried to re-direct network actions to banking sites.

It's highly prevalent in the UK and it would appear that a part of it has been
removed.. perhaps by an anti-virus program.

Try these links for info...

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32nanpya.html

http://www.greatis.com/appdata/d/_/_...msvc32.exe.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/star...exe-10426.html

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

pcbutts1

That's NORMAL, don't listen to the trolls who are trying to convince you
that you have a problem.

--
I went to San Francisco and all I got was this lousy virus.