ansermetniac

Default Weird Fisher 500C problem

All of a sudden headphones play the reverse chanel. turning the
balance to the left gives me the right phone. The phones and the 1/8
to 1/4 adapter check out.

Any ideas. A Short in the female headphone jack?

But still, the 500c sounds nice with my new acquisition. Bozak B400
Rhapsodys. Baby Symphonies

Abbedd

ansermetniac

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:27:28 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

Turn the headphones around.

Mark Z.

Then the R is on my left ear.

Abbedd

ansermetniac

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:27:28 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

Turn the headphones around.

Mark Z.

Then the R is on my left ear.

Abbedd
ansermetniac

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:27:28 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

Turn the headphones around.

Mark Z.

Then the R is on my left ear.

Abbedd

ansermetniac

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:33:44 -0400, "Jerry G."
wrote:

I don't particularly know your receiver. Some of these older receivers have
an L R reverse switch. Check that out for your receiver.

No switch and the speakers play fine

Abbedd

Mark D. Zacharias

Then the headphones are wired wrong. It happens, I had a set of AKG 240's
this way. Unless it's physically uncomfortable, just turn them around.
Otherwise either the Fisher or the headphones will need to be rewired. I
don't accept that the left / right orientation suddenly changed on it's own.

Mark Z.

"ansermetniac" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:27:28 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

Turn the headphones around.

Mark Z.

Then the R is on my left ear.

Abbedd

Mark D. Zacharias

Then the headphones are wired wrong. It happens, I had a set of AKG 240's
this way. Unless it's physically uncomfortable, just turn them around.
Otherwise either the Fisher or the headphones will need to be rewired. I
don't accept that the left / right orientation suddenly changed on it's own.

Mark Z.

"ansermetniac" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:27:28 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

Turn the headphones around.

Mark Z.

Then the R is on my left ear.

Abbedd

Mark D. Zacharias

Then the headphones are wired wrong. It happens, I had a set of AKG 240's
this way. Unless it's physically uncomfortable, just turn them around.
Otherwise either the Fisher or the headphones will need to be rewired. I
don't accept that the left / right orientation suddenly changed on it's own.

Mark Z.

"ansermetniac" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:27:28 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

Turn the headphones around.

Mark Z.

Then the R is on my left ear.

Abbedd

ansermetniac

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 05:23:02 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

Then the headphones are wired wrong. It happens, I had a set of AKG 240's
this way. Unless it's physically uncomfortable, just turn them around.
Otherwise either the Fisher or the headphones will need to be rewired. I
don't accept that the left / right orientation suddenly changed on it's own.

Mark Z.

The headphones work correctly with other components. And yes it worked
properly with the Fisher until yesterday

Abbedd

Mark D. Zacharias

The Fisher is an old model. Maybe some issue with the wires that go to the
headphone jack. I don't think even this would cleanly reverse the channels,
but a wiring issue here could account for your problem.

wrote:

Then the headphones are wired wrong. It happens, I had a set of AKG 240's
this way. Unless it's physically uncomfortable, just turn them around.
Otherwise either the Fisher or the headphones will need to be rewired. I
don't accept that the left / right orientation suddenly changed on it's

own.

Mark Z.

The headphones work correctly with other components. And yes it worked
properly with the Fisher until yesterday

Abbedd

Tim Schwartz

Hello,

Fisher tube receivers had the headphone jacks wired 'backwards' from
the modern convention of left channel being tip. The receiver left the
factory that way. My guess is that you noticed it now because you were
using the balance control. The cure is to either take it to a shop and
have them switch the wires on the jack, or make up a short extension
cable that has the channels reversed at one end. Of course, you could
just live with it as is.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

ansermetniac wrote:

All of a sudden headphones play the reverse chanel. turning the
balance to the left gives me the right phone. The phones and the 1/8
to 1/4 adapter check out.

Any ideas. A Short in the female headphone jack?

But still, the 500c sounds nice with my new acquisition. Bozak B400
Rhapsodys. Baby Symphonies

Abbedd

ansermetniac

ansermetniac wrote:

All of a sudden headphones play the reverse chanel. turning the
balance to the left gives me the right phone. The phones and the 1/8
to 1/4 adapter check out.

Any ideas. A Short in the female headphone jack?

But still, the 500c sounds nice with my new acquisition. Bozak B400
Rhapsodys. Baby Symphonies

Abbedd

Thanks TIm. That explains alot. But now for the 64000 dollar question.
Why did they do that?

Abbedd

P.R.Brady

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
Turn the headphones around.

Mark Z.

Or his head?
Phil

P.R.Brady

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
Turn the headphones around.

Mark Z.

Or his head?
Phil

P.R.Brady

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
Turn the headphones around.

Mark Z.

Or his head?
Phil

CD Changer Reset, common problem? Herman Wong Car Audio 3 July 23rd 04 07:15 PM
buzz problem, HELP PLEASE! mark palmos Tech 2 November 11th 03 01:30 PM
humming noise sound problem. CJT Tech 0 September 7th 03 03:21 AM
Technics SL1210 M3D turntable problem... Strutter General 1 July 13th 03 08:55 PM