mathedman

Default Revised -- what means "300 Watt amplifier"

An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?
Pooh Bear

mathedman wrote:

An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?

Insufficient info to say.

What's the big secret about the model number btw ?

Graham

Richard Crowley

"mathedman" wrote ...
An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?

What is the model number? (again!)

John A. Weeks III

In article , mathedman
wrote:

An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?

Assuming a direct short from the AC plug to the speaker jack,
the maximum would be 1800 watts (15 amps at 120 VAC).

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Mark D. Zacharias

The two front channels are rated at 150 watts per channel, .9% distortion
max.
The two rear channels are rated at 15 watts each.

Mark Z.

"mathedman" wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:09:03 GMT,
(mathedman) wrote:

An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?

OOPS! Sorry I meant to include the model number this time!!!!!!!!!

Model TA - AV 601