Ron Capik

Default INXS mix variation (?)

The latest TV music reality show has the rock group
INXS looking for a new front vocalist.

For some reason some of the vocals sound like they
have a lot more stage/background bleed than others.
To me it seems like a larger difference than mic' technique
or singer volume should produce.

Is it my imagination, have others noticed this?
Maybe other explanations?

Later...

Ron Capik

Scott Dorsey

Ron Capik wrote:
The latest TV music reality show has the rock group
INXS looking for a new front vocalist.

For some reason some of the vocals sound like they
have a lot more stage/background bleed than others.
To me it seems like a larger difference than mic' technique
or singer volume should produce.

Is it my imagination, have others noticed this?
Maybe other explanations?

Maybe they're relying on the handheld mike plus a studio boom mike?

KGT

Hey Ron

I hear that show's moving to MTV. that oughta fix it

It always sounds so weird to hear your fav news caster (insert name)
thru only the boom when the lav etc mic is accidently down. After so
many hours of one type sound it's sort of "otherworldly".

Kevin Tracy