speedy

Default Remote controlled mixers

Does anyone know of any maker/supplier of remote (RF) controlled sound
mixers? For the pupose I have, IR is no good - the distances are too great,
and the likelihood of speakers (human!) walking into the IR signal beam and
breaking it are very real!

Thank you.

Dave (UK)

---

Pooh Bear

speedy wrote:

Does anyone know of any maker/supplier of remote (RF) controlled sound
mixers? For the pupose I have, IR is no good - the distances are too great,
and the likelihood of speakers (human!) walking into the IR signal beam and
breaking it are very real!

Well...... I know of ppl thinking about this idea ( including myself ) at least
as long ago as 25-30 yrs back.

Doesn't seem to have made it to market. I can suggest a few reasons - but it
would be a long story.

Graham

Laurence Payne

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 01:52:54 +0000 (UTC), "speedy"
wrote:

Does anyone know of any maker/supplier of remote (RF) controlled sound
mixers? For the pupose I have, IR is no good - the distances are too great,
and the likelihood of speakers (human!) walking into the IR signal beam and
breaking it are very real!

For what application?
Dan Mills

Pooh Bear wrote:

Of remote controlled mixers

Well...... I know of ppl thinking about this idea ( including myself ) at
least as long ago as 25-30 yrs back.

Doesn't seem to have made it to market. I can suggest a few reasons - but
it would be a long story.

Humm, Yamaha PM1-D would seem to fit?
Or it you do not need the control surface how about the Cadac D16?

Cheaper? Ok didn't Tascam or Roland or someone do a remote control surface
with rack mount mixing engine a few years back?

Or how about just using something like a BSS soundweb or a Peavey
mediamatrix (peavey make a perfectly respectable line of architectural
products).

The Richmond Sound Design audiobox can also be used in this way (limited
input capability but it does have internal hard disk playout).

Ohh and I think CM labs have a matrix that might fit the bill depending on
what is required....

Just some thoughts.

Regards, Dan.