jeffc

Default Room acoustics

In the April 1990 issue of Stereophile there is an article on desirable room
attributes ("In Search of the Hi Fi House"). There is also some information
on this in the book "Complete Guide to High End Audio". Does anyone know of
any other articles or books, online or in Stereophile or The Absolute Sound?
thanks

Arny Krueger

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com
In the April 1990 issue of Stereophile there is an article on
desirable room attributes ("In Search of the Hi Fi House"). There is
also some information on this in the book "Complete Guide to High End
Audio". Does anyone know of any other articles or books, online or
in Stereophile or The Absolute Sound? thanks

There are many points of symmetry between recording studios and listening
rooms. To some degree room acoustics is room acoustics.

So, these references may be of interest:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

jeffc

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
So, these references may be of interest:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

Thanks. This book looks pretty good for home audio acoustics - do you have
it, and is it?

Arny Krueger

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
So, these references may be of interest:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

Thanks. This book looks pretty good for home audio acoustics - do
you have it, and is it?

I don't personally own it, but a close friend has it, and I've looked it
over pretty carefully. It's a well-known and widely respected book for home
studio and home theater applications.

jeffc wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
So, these references may be of interest:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

Thanks. This book looks pretty good for home audio acoustics - do

you have
it, and is it?

I have it. Yes, it is pretty good for home audio acoustics. Well worth
having.

Scott Wheeler

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

Thanks. This book looks pretty good for home audio acoustics - do
you have it, and is it?

I don't personally own it, but a close friend has it, and I've looked it
over pretty carefully. It's a well-known and widely respected book for home
studio and home theater applications.

I know people who have boats, too.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Arny Krueger

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" said:

Thanks. This book looks pretty good for home audio acoustics - do
you have it, and is it?

I don't personally own it, but a close friend has it, and I've
looked it over pretty carefully. It's a well-known and widely
respected book for home studio and home theater applications.

I know people who have boats, too.

Typical of Sander's emulation of Middius.

Clyde Slick

"Paul Dormer" wrote in message
"Sander deWaal" emitted :

I don't personally own it, but a close friend has it, and I've looked it
over pretty carefully. It's a well-known and widely respected book for
home
studio and home theater applications.

I know people who have boats, too.

I know people who have multiple boats, so there!

I know people who halve boats.
I think they only halve them one at a time, though.

MINe 109

Paul Dormer wrote:

"Sander deWaal" emitted :

I don't personally own it, but a close friend has it, and I've looked it
over pretty carefully. It's a well-known and widely respected book for home
studio and home theater applications.

I know people who have boats, too.

I know people who have multiple boats, so there!

How about boatable moats?

Stephen
Arny Krueger

"Arny Krueger" said:

Thanks. This book looks pretty good for home audio acoustics - do
you have it, and is it?

I don't personally own it, but a close friend has it, and I've
looked it over pretty carefully. It's a well-known and widely
respected book for home studio and home theater applications.

I know people who have boats, too.

This is an example of how Sander in a very Middius-like way, trashes a
technical thread.

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

This is an example of how Sander in a very Middius-like way, trashes a
technical thread.

Mirror mirror on the wall..............

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

Typical of Sander's emulation of Middius.

It's a good thing we both are here for fun , right?

Ummm......make that "fun ;-)" .

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Arny Krueger

"Arny Krueger" said:

This is an example of how Sander in a very Middius-like way, trashes
a technical thread.

Mirror mirror on the wall..............

Sander emulates the typical Middius approach to taking responsponsibility
for his actions. "Arny made me do it".

Yawn.

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

This is an example of how Sander in a very Middius-like way, trashes
a technical thread.

Mirror mirror on the wall..............

Sander emulates the typical Middius approach to taking responsponsibility
for his actions. "Arny made me do it".

Yawn.

You see Arn, you don't read all that well.
Reading between lines is a skill not present in any person, though.

Maybe I should have been more aware of that.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Arny Krueger

"Arny Krueger" said:

This is an example of how Sander in a very Middius-like way,
trashes a technical thread.

Mirror mirror on the wall..............

Sander emulates the typical Middius approach to taking
responsponsibility for his actions. "Arny made me do it".

Yawn.

You see Arn, you don't read all that well.

That would be another one of Middius' little lies.

Reading between lines is a skill not present in any person, though.

Sander, if you think that everything can be taken at face value, well that's
a bit of a joke!

Maybe I should have been more aware of that.

So, how much private email has Middius sent you, Sander? How many phone
calls?

Sander deWaal

"Arny Krueger" said:

Reading between lines is a skill not present in any person, though.

Sander, if you think that everything can be taken at face value, well that's
a bit of a joke!

You don't really know me, now do you? ;-)

Maybe I should have been more aware of that.

So, how much private email has Middius sent you, Sander? How many phone
calls?

Several e-mails, I take no calls.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Sander deWaal

George M. Middius said:

So, how much private email has Middius sent you, Sander? How many phone
calls?

Several e-mails, I take no calls.

I hope you're saving those emails. One day, they'll be worth money.

I've already put them on Ebay, together with that amp you sent.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Sander deWaal

George M. Middius said:

Several e-mails, I take no calls.

I hope you're saving those emails. One day, they'll be worth money.

I've already put them on Ebay, together with that amp you sent.

You may want to Kroo-proof your auctions.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

I don't ship overseas since the kittycat disaster, but thanks anyway.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal wrote:

George M. Middius said:

So, how much private email has Middius sent you, Sander? How many phone
calls?

Several e-mails, I take no calls.

I hope you're saving those emails. One day, they'll be worth money.

I've already put them on Ebay, together with that amp you sent.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

After the bidding frenzy dies down and these pieces of memorabilia are sold,
who will be the first to put THE TAPE up for sale on eBay?

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal wrote:

(Bruce J. Richman) said:

After the bidding frenzy dies down and these pieces of memorabilia are sold,
who will be the first to put THE TAPE up for sale on eBay?

How can you put up something for auction that doesn't exist?
Besides, you might get a call from some British lawyer (or solicitor,
as they're so aptly call it).

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

No worries, mate ! If an attorney wearing a wig calls me from the UK, I'll
just say.......... "prove it". (LOT's !)

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger

"Paul Dormer" wrote in message

"Sander deWaal" to Arny :

This is an example of how Sander in a very Middius-like way,
trashes a technical thread.

Mirror mirror on the wall..............

Who's the stupidest **** of them all......?

It's a horse race between Middius, Dormer, Briggs, Richman, Albertz,
Sackman, Phillips...

My money is on Sackman.

Lionel

Arny Krueger a écrit :
"Paul Dormer" wrote in message

"Sander deWaal" to Arny :

This is an example of how Sander in a very Middius-like way,
trashes a technical thread.

Mirror mirror on the wall..............

Who's the stupidest **** of them all......?

It's a horse race between Middius, Dormer, Briggs, Richman, Albertz,
Sackman, Phillips...

My money is on Sackman.

Sackman isn't a horse, he is an ass !

;-)

small room acoustics Sidhu Pro Audio 6 July 1st 04 09:04 AM
Small room acoustics A. & G. Reiswig Pro Audio 13 April 9th 04 03:44 PM
need advice on improving room acoustics jnorman Pro Audio 24 September 3rd 03 03:31 PM
small room acoustics - treatment question Jim Kollens Pro Audio 0 July 21st 03 01:32 AM
room acoustics - looking for ideas David Grant Pro Audio 2 July 11th 03 07:18 PM