Posted to rec.music.makers.trumpet,rec.audio.pro
Doc

Default Who's the player on that Chevy Blazer commercial?

Anyone know who does that wild rendition of Virgen De La Macarena on that
Chevy Blazer commercial that's running currently? The one with the Blazer
pulling the boat/trailer down the highway.

I mean, damn...

Posted to rec.music.makers.trumpet,rec.audio.pro
Randy Replogle

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 03:02:36 GMT, "Doc"
wrote:

Anyone know who does that wild rendition of Virgen De La Macarena on that
Chevy Blazer commercial that's running currently? The one with the Blazer
pulling the boat/trailer down the highway.

I mean, damn...

I don't know but my wife commented last night that she liked it. We
were even wondering if it might not be a *real* trumpet.
Randy
--
Randy Replogle
Posted to rec.music.makers.trumpet,rec.audio.pro
Doc

wrote:

Anyone know who does that wild rendition of Virgen De La Macarena on that
Chevy Blazer commercial that's running currently? The one with the Blazer
pulling the boat/trailer down the highway.

I mean, damn...

I don't know but my wife commented last night that she liked it. We
were even wondering if it might not be a *real* trumpet.

Based on my familiarity with current midi capabilities and being a trumpet
player, I find even the best midi falls far short when it comes to solo
brass, especially very involved stuff like this. I'd bet the farm that's a
real player.

Posted to rec.music.makers.trumpet,rec.audio.pro
hank alrich

Doc wrote:

"Randy Replogle" wrote...
"Doc" wrote:

Anyone know who does that wild rendition of Virgen De La Macarena on that
Chevy Blazer commercial that's running currently? The one with the Blazer
pulling the boat/trailer down the highway.

I mean, damn...

I don't know but my wife commented last night that she liked it. We
were even wondering if it might not be a *real* trumpet.

Based on my familiarity with current midi capabilities and being a trumpet
player, I find even the best midi falls far short when it comes to solo
brass, especially very involved stuff like this. I'd bet the farm that's a
real player.

This reads pretty funnily, given the guitar sampling effort. g Think
about it.

--
ha
Posted to rec.music.makers.trumpet,rec.audio.pro
Doc

"hank alrich" wrote in message
.. .
Doc wrote:

This reads pretty funnily, given the guitar sampling effort. g Think
about it.

Glad I could provide you with amusement. That's why I'm here, comic relief.

I would say there are certain similar obstacles presented in sampling guitar
and trumpet, but also differences.

Posted to rec.music.makers.trumpet,rec.audio.pro
Jay Kadis

Doc wrote:

This reads pretty funnily, given the guitar sampling effort. g Think
about it.

Glad I could provide you with amusement. That's why I'm here, comic relief.

I would say there are certain similar obstacles presented in sampling guitar
and trumpet, but also differences.

Sampling is certainly problematic, but there exist some good simulations: check
out the Yamaha VL-series synths. Using breath controller information, they do a
very creditable job on wind/brass instruments. The Karplus-Strong plucked
string algorithm does a similarly good job on guitar. These get a lot closer
than sampling to the "feel" of a real instrument.

-Jay
Posted to rec.music.makers.trumpet,rec.audio.pro

I'm pretty sure that it's Joe Burgstaller. Badaxx

Posted to rec.music.makers.trumpet,rec.audio.pro
Doc

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm pretty sure that it's Joe Burgstaller. Badaxx

I listened to a few sample tracks on his website, hard to tell. The VDLM
that's on there is the Mendez version, totally different than the
arrangement in the commercial.

My first impression is that his tone and overall approach is different, but
the recording situations were likely very different and you lose a lot with
streaming audio. I 'spose it's possible it's him.

I just e-mailed him and will advise if I get a response.

Posted to rec.music.makers.trumpet,rec.audio.pro
Doc

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm pretty sure that it's Joe Burgstaller. Badaxx

By the way, what makes you think it's this guy? A lot of studio cats out
there.

Do I need a new player neilmartin High End Audio 2 September 17th 04 12:08 AM
DVD player audio distortion tk Tech 9 August 17th 04 09:18 AM
Looking for a CD player with specific features... George Thorogood General 2 May 11th 04 04:57 PM
HT disconnect CD player in Geo Metro? FasDeth Car Audio 0 April 26th 04 10:27 PM
Looking for a portable CD player with a real resume feature Bice General 0 July 27th 03 04:19 PM