Ethan Winogrand

Default Schoeps CM 649 info needed

Hello all,
Can anyone give me any information about this small diaphram mic. I
visited the Schoep website and couldnīt find it in there. Does it
require itīs own power supply? Is it a tube mic? Any info would be
much appreciated.
Thanks,

Ethan Winogrand
Tmuska

They have a CMC 64 Ug - It's a small condensor mic - requires phantom power - 4
= MK 4 capsule
U = XLR-3M connector
g = surface finish - matte gray

email Schoeps and they will send a catalog. (I didn't see exactly the model you
asked for.)
Terry

tferrell

I think you mean the 64. The 6 refers to the 6 mic body. The 4 refers
to the capsule, which is cardioid. The CMC64, then, would be a small
diaphragm condenser mic with a very flat response. It requires 48V
phantom power. It's not a tube mic.

CMC641 would be the hypercardioid
CMC621 would be the sub-cardioid (between card and omni).

Ethan Winogrand wrote:

Hello all,
Can anyone give me any information about this small diaphram mic. I
visited the Schoep website and couldnīt find it in there. Does it
require itīs own power supply? Is it a tube mic? Any info would be
much appreciated.
Thanks,

Ethan Winogrand

Ethan Winogrand

tferrell wrote in message ...
I think you mean the 64. The 6 refers to the 6 mic body. The 4 refers
to the capsule, which is cardioid. The CMC64, then, would be a small
diaphragm condenser mic with a very flat response. It requires 48V
phantom power. It's not a tube mic.

CMC641 would be the hypercardioid
CMC621 would be the sub-cardioid (between card and omni).

Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and email Schoeps for their
catalog just to be thorough and see about other capsules.

Ethan Winogrand
David Satz

Ethan Winogrand wrote:

Can anyone give me any information about this small diaphram mic. I
visited the Schoep website and couldnīt find it in there. Does it
require itīs own power supply? Is it a tube mic? Any info would be
much appreciated.

This is not a model number that I recognize. There was a tube series
with model numbers such as CM 06x, where the 'x' represented the capsule
type, in the late 1960s and/or early 1970s; it would definitely require a
special power supply. However, I don't know of any Schoeps model numbers
ending in '9' at all. (It would tend to indicate remote pattern control,
which is not a feature of any Schoeps microphone until the present-day
"Polarflex" system.)

The CM 060 mikes were slightly larger in diameter than the usual Schoeps
microphones so as to accomodate a tube that users could exchange in the
field if needed; the Telefunken AC 701 used in the top-of-the-line model
M 221 B needed to be specially soldered into place.

You could write to in English and request information.
If they need to have their reply translated for them, they can always ask
me though generally they do OK by themselves for this sort of thing.

--best regards
John Noll

David Satz wrote:

The CM 060 mikes were slightly larger in diameter than the usual Schoeps
microphones so as to accomodate a tube that users could exchange in the
field if needed; the Telefunken AC 701 used in the top-of-the-line model
M 221 B needed to be specially soldered into place.

FWIW,
I have a CM 060 and it's solid state.
It's non-phantom-powered and uses an N06 power supply.

John Noll
Retromedia Sound Studios
Red Bank, NJ 07701

Phone: 732-842-3853 Fax: 732-842-5631

http://www.retromedia.net

M. Im

I have owned the Schoeps CM 51/9 and it is a tube mic (1960's) with a
bayonet head. The mic is a miniature "bottle" style mic and was
marketed simultaneously with the the U47 by Telefunken. The capsule
was switchable omni and cardioid. I have not seen one labeled 649 as
such.

Mike