George Gleason

Default Veam connector - male or female?

"Paul Hurt" wrote in message
Hi

I'm building a stagebox/splitter system for live recording use. I seem to
have settled on Veam connectors for the multi-pin (using the 85-pin
version).

Just one rather obvious question I hope someone can answer. Is there a
convention for using either the male or female chassis connector on the
stagebox?

Since XLR outputs are on pins, you'd maybe guess that you'd use the male
Veam on the stagebox (seeing as it's mainly carrying mic *outputs*), with

female Veam on the snake that connects to it.

But maybe convention dictates otherwise?

Would love to know before I spend a ton of cash on the wrong connectors!

Thanks for your help as ever.

Paul Hurt

The rule i use with connectors is if the cable is "hot" then you use a
female on the exposed "Hot" end so as to offer protection from accidental
shocks
also with multi pins you want the male attached as much of the time as
possible to minimize bent and broken pins
I am not aware of the "standard" for large tour companies
George