Scott T

Default Question on how to match NOS FAA tubes (6SN7GT, 6V6 etc.)

Hi All

I have recently purchased several boxes of NOS FAA tubes and would
like to know how to best test/match these in order to sell them. I
have the following tubes plus many other smaller groups of different
tubes. Most of these tubes are Slyvania with some RCA's. Date codes
from the 60's to early 80's.

30 - 6V6
36 - 6SN7GT
18 - 6J5
12 - 6SK7
23 - 5U4GB
16 - 6F8

I have a Westmore 501 and Hickok 538A tube tester. I would like to
test the 6SN7GT tubes and sell them in matched pairs. To do this do I
just test all the tubes and then match them up in pairs with similiar
readings? Can anyone tell me how to best test with the Westmore 501.
From what I have read it is the same tester as a Triplett 3444.

Thanks for any advice.
Scott

Sam Byrams

30 - 6V6
36 - 6SN7GT
18 - 6J5
12 - 6SK7
23 - 5U4GB
16 - 6F8

I have a Westmore 501 and Hickok 538A tube tester. I would like to
test the 6SN7GT tubes and sell them in matched pairs. To do this do I
just test all the tubes and then match them up in pairs with similiar
readings? Can anyone tell me how to best test with the Westmore 501.
From what I have read it is the same tester as a Triplett 3444.

What application of 6SN7 requires/benefits from matched pairs being
available,

what properties are you matching them for,

and what do the aforementioned testers measure and how arre these
parms set?

If you can't answer these questions, perhaps you should find out why
not and rectify that.