Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default republicans back god into a corner

Unhelpful for establishing the tone McCain sought in Davenport was the
Rev. Arnold Conrad, past pastor of the Grace Evangelical Free Church.
His prayer before McCain arrived at the convention center blocks from
the Mississippi River appeared to dismiss faiths other than
Christianity and cast the election as a referendum on God himself.

"I would also pray, Lord, that your reputation is involved in all that
happens between now and November, because there are millions of people
around this world praying to their god — whether it's Hindu, Buddha,
Allah — that his opponent wins, for a variety of reasons," Conrad
said.

"And Lord, I pray that you would guard your own reputation, because
they're going to think that their god is bigger than you, if that
happens. So I pray that you will step forward and honor your own name
with all that happens between now and Election Day," he said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27130171

I wonder if the good god knows any of those other gods. Perhaps they
all play poker together occasionally, or get the families together for
a picnic.