Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default If anyone misses OT-Scott

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/10..._york_but.html
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 15, 2:36*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/10..._york_but.html

Nice try. Typical liberal, trying to divert responsibility away from
minorities.

Minorities are responsible for the market crash, and illegal
immigrants are responsible for water shortages in California.

And if we could figure out some way to avoid issuing driver's licenses
to them, your insurance rates would go down too.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 15 Oct, 16:00, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

illegal
immigrants are responsible for water shortages in California.

How can that be? Bret says that they never wash their clothes and they
drink nothing but Mexican beer.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

*illegal

immigrants are responsible for water shortages in California.

How can that be? Bret says that they never wash their clothes and they
drink nothing but Mexican beer.

You'd have to ask your buddy 2pid. He made that claim before I pointed
out that a massive percentage of California's fresh water went to
California's alfalfa crop. 2pid, of course, then disappeared from the
'discussion'.

I attributed his disappearance to his holding a "differing POV". What
other reason could there have been? ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

wrote:

*illegal

immigrants are responsible for water shortages in California.

How can that be? Bret says that they never wash their clothes and they
drink nothing but Mexican beer.

You'd have to ask your buddy 2pid. He made that claim before I pointed
out that a massive percentage of California's fresh water went to
California's alfalfa crop. 2pid, of course, then disappeared from the
'discussion'.

I attributed his disappearance to his holding a "differing POV". What
other reason could there have been? ;-)

David Frum tried Scott's 'left-wing sarcasm is equivalent to right-wing
thuggery' attack on Rachel Maddow:

http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=29360

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 16, 6:18*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

*illegal

immigrants are responsible for water shortages in California.

How can that be? Bret says that they never wash their clothes and they
drink nothing but Mexican beer.

You'd have to ask your buddy 2pid. He made that claim before I pointed
out that a massive percentage of California's fresh water went to
California's alfalfa crop. 2pid, of course, then disappeared from the
'discussion'.

I attributed his disappearance to his holding a "differing POV". What
other reason could there have been? ;-)

David Frum tried Scott's 'left-wing sarcasm is equivalent to right-wing
thuggery' attack on Rachel Maddow:

http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=29360

That's impossible. 2pid always rails against "equivalence".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

wrote:

*illegal

immigrants are responsible for water shortages in California.

How can that be? Bret says that they never wash their clothes and they
drink nothing but Mexican beer.

You'd have to ask your buddy 2pid. He made that claim before I pointed
out that a massive percentage of California's fresh water went to
California's alfalfa crop. 2pid, of course, then disappeared from the
'discussion'.

I attributed his disappearance to his holding a "differing POV". What
other reason could there have been? ;-)

David Frum tried Scott's 'left-wing sarcasm is equivalent to right-wing
thuggery' attack on Rachel Maddow:

http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=29360

That's impossible. 2pid always rails against "equivalence".

Only when it's moral.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

David Frum tried Scott's 'left-wing sarcasm is equivalent to right-wing
thuggery' attack on Rachel Maddow:
http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=29360

That's impossible. 2pid always rails against "equivalence".

Only when it's moral.

I think your integrity tank is low. You could raid Scottie's secret stash
for a refill.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

David Frum tried Scott's 'left-wing sarcasm is equivalent to right-wing
thuggery' attack on Rachel Maddow:
http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=29360

That's impossible. 2pid always rails against "equivalence".

Only when it's moral.

I think your integrity tank is low. You could raid Scottie's secret stash
for a refill.

He certainly has more than he needs.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

wrote:

illegal
immigrants are responsible for water shortages in California.

How can that be? Bret says that they never wash their clothes and they
drink nothing but Mexican beer. "

Bret never said any such thing. While their hygiene is poor, they drink
mostly Bud Light or whatever else is cheapest. Most mexiburgers actually
believe Mexican beers bottled for US export are ****ed in by Mexican
workers in the breweries-who tend to be a better class of Mexican, often
the descendents of Czechs and Germans who emigrated south of the Rio
Grande in the 1800s, than the low grade steezers who head north illegally.
That said, they'd be only too happy to drink Dos Equis or Corona if it was
cheaper than Bud.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 16, 8:46*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

*illegal

immigrants are responsible for water shortages in California.

How can that be? Bret says that they never wash their clothes and they
drink nothing but Mexican beer.

You'd have to ask your buddy 2pid. He made that claim before I pointed
out that a massive percentage of California's fresh water went to
California's alfalfa crop. 2pid, of course, then disappeared from the
'discussion'.

I attributed his disappearance to his holding a "differing POV". What
other reason could there have been? ;-)

David Frum tried Scott's 'left-wing sarcasm is equivalent to right-wing
thuggery' attack on Rachel Maddow:

http://open.salon.com/content.php?cid=29360

That's impossible. 2pid always rails against "equivalence".

Only when it's moral. *

I wasn't aware there was any other kind.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

As this thread is an hommage to Scott, a new subject:

http://www.gregpalast.com/rolling-st...lready-stolen/

Donąt worry about Mickey Mouse or ACORN stealing the election.
According to an investigative report out today in Rolling Stone
magazine, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Greg Palast, after a year-long
investigation, reveal a systematic program of "GOP vote tampering" on a
massive scale.

--

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 18, 8:04*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

[...]

It sounds like this will be the new "liberal media" battle cry. ACORN
apparently turned themselves in:

Ms. Lewis said it was Acorn itself that informed state officials about
some questionable registrations collected by its employees that are
now under investigation. Acorn said it had terminated the workers
involved.

(I liked this from the same article

Mr. Davis said that as their lawyer, Mr. Obama had “an intimate
relationship” with Acorn “against the State of Illinois and the
federal government.”

In fact, the Justice Department was on the same side as Acorn in the
lawsuit, as were other organizations, including the League of Women
Voters. Those plaintiffs won the case.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/11/us...s/11acorn.html

So, just as the republicans have set themselves up to "protect" us
from the ravages of the "liberal MSM", they are now attempting to set
themselves up as the "protectors against fraudulent liberal voter
registrations".

I get to add another topic in deference to 2pid: in the past two days
I have heard both Rush Limbaugh and Pat Buchanan refer to the
republicans as "center-right". I have to laugh at the far-right's
sudden race to the center. Here's Buchanan's dire prediction:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art..._backlash.html

My question is whether a McCain/Palin administration would pander to
their right-wing base or would they resist their base? There'd be a
backlash either way.

We don't need to ponder, as Buchanan does, what a republican President
with a majority in Congress would do. Unfortunately we already know.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Don1t worry about Mickey Mouse or ACORN stealing the election. *
According to an investigative report out today in Rolling Stone
magazine, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Greg Palast, after a year-long
investigation, reveal a systematic program of "GOP vote tampering" on a
massive scale.

It sounds like this will be the new "liberal media" battle cry. ACORN
apparently turned themselves in:

Ms. Lewis said it was Acorn itself that informed state officials about
some questionable registrations collected by its employees that are
now under investigation. Acorn said it had terminated the workers
involved.

(I liked this from the same article

Mr. Davis said that as their lawyer, Mr. Obama had łan intimate
relationship˛ with Acorn łagainst the State of Illinois and the
federal government.˛

In fact, the Justice Department was on the same side as Acorn in the
lawsuit, as were other organizations, including the League of Women
Voters. Those plaintiffs won the case.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/11/us...s/11acorn.html

So, just as the republicans have set themselves up to "protect" us
from the ravages of the "liberal MSM", they are now attempting to set
themselves up as the "protectors against fraudulent liberal voter
registrations".

And the "liberal MSM" can't connect the dots to the Justice Dept
shenanigans of firing US Attorneys who wouldn't prosecute baseless voter
fraud cases just before elections. How about the FBI instead?

I get to add another topic in deference to 2pid: in the past two days
I have heard both Rush Limbaugh and Pat Buchanan refer to the
republicans as "center-right". I have to laugh at the far-right's
sudden race to the center. Here's Buchanan's dire prediction:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art..._backlash.html

My question is whether a McCain/Palin administration would pander to
their right-wing base or would they resist their base? There'd be a
backlash either way.

We don't need to ponder, as Buchanan does, what a republican President
with a majority in Congress would do. Unfortunately we already know.

Temperamentally, they're happier attacking from the outside.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Oct 18, 8:04*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Oct 16, 8:46*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article
,
*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Oct 16, 6:18*am, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article

,
*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

"Funny" how that little US Attorneys case has been largely forgotten,
huh?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

And the "liberal MSM" can't connect the dots to the Justice Dept
shenanigans of firing US Attorneys who wouldn't prosecute baseless voter
fraud cases just before elections. How about the FBI instead?

"Funny" how that little US Attorneys case has been largely forgotten,
huh?

Iglesias has spoken on the subject:

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem..._im_astounded_
by_dojs.php

"I'm astounded that this issue is being trotted out again," Iglesias
told TPMmuckraker. "Based on what I saw in 2004 and 2006, it's a scare
tactic." In 2006, Iglesias was fired as U.S. attorney thanks partly to
his reluctance to pursue voter-fraud cases as aggressively as DOJ wanted
-- one of several U.S. attorneys fired for inappropriate political
reasons, according to a recently released report by DOJ's Office of the
Inspector General.

Iglesias, who has been the most outspoken of the fired U.S. attorneys,
went on to say that the FBI's investigation seemed designed to
inappropriately create a "boogeyman" out of voter fraud.

--

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

And the "liberal MSM" can't connect the dots to the Justice Dept
shenanigans of firing US Attorneys who wouldn't prosecute baseless voter
fraud cases just before elections. How about the FBI instead?

"Funny" how that little US Attorneys case has been largely forgotten,
huh?

I've known some associate profs who didn't get tenure appointments. Turns
out they did better financially in the private sector, at least while the
economy was strong.

Then there's the case of Dan Rather, who's still throwing tantrums in the
court system. If I knew how to read roadkill entrails, I'd explain the
lesson in his story. Don't you hate that expression "a Chinese wall"? I'm
sure it's racist.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

[...]

I agree with him, and I hope that the case is continued. But vis-a-vis
the campaign, no one is connecting the dots. The ACORN issue is no
issue at all, but that won't stop FOX, et al, from trying to make it one.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

I agree with him, and I hope that the case is continued. But vis-a-vis
the campaign, no one is connecting the dots. The ACORN issue is no
issue at all, but that won't stop FOX, et al, from trying to make it one.

You'll be pleased to learn that Glenn Beck is moving from CNN to Fox. As
far as the right-wingnut hierarchy goes, I hear that's a promotion.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

I agree with him, and I hope that the case is continued. But vis-a-vis
the campaign, no one is connecting the dots. The ACORN issue is no
issue at all, but that won't stop FOX, et al, from trying to make it one.

You'll be pleased to learn that Glenn Beck is moving from CNN to Fox.

Really?

You're not pleased? OK, try this: Gov. Moosekill is supposed to appear
on SNL tonite, but they're not giving her lines to read. They're going
to throw random questions at her and see if we get a repeat of how K.C.
flummoxed her.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Jenn said:

I agree with him, and I hope that the case is continued. But vis-a-vis
the campaign, no one is connecting the dots. The ACORN issue is no
issue at all, but that won't stop FOX, et al, from trying to make it one.

You'll be pleased to learn that Glenn Beck is moving from CNN to Fox. As
far as the right-wingnut hierarchy goes, I hear that's a promotion.

Well, I'll be. More Fair and Balanced at FOX: Cons= all but one Libs=
Colmes.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 18, 1:37*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Jenn said:

I agree with him, and I hope that the case is continued. *But vis-a-vis
the campaign, no one is connecting the dots. *The ACORN issue is no
issue at all, but that won't stop FOX, et al, from trying to make it one.

You'll be pleased to learn that Glenn Beck is moving from CNN to Fox.

Really?

You're not pleased? OK, try this: Gov. Moosekill is supposed to appear
on SNL tonite, but they're not giving her lines to read. They're going
to throw random questions at her and see if we get a repeat of how K.C.
flummoxed her.

Aside from "maverick" and "you betcha" what lines could they give her?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

OK, try this: Gov. Moosekill is supposed to appear
on SNL tonite, but they're not giving her lines to read. They're going
to throw random questions at her and see if we get a repeat of how K.C.
flummoxed her.

Aside from "maverick" and "you betcha" what lines could they give her?

Maybe they'll give her three tries to say "secessionist" correctly.
That's a real tongue-twister, goshdarnit!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 18, 2:49*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Shhhh! said:

OK, try this: Gov. Moosekill is supposed to appear
on SNL tonite, but they're not giving her lines to read. They're going
to throw random questions at her and see if we get a repeat of how K.C.
flummoxed her.

Aside from "maverick" and "you betcha" what lines could they give her?

Maybe they'll give her three tries to say "secessionist" correctly.
That's a real tongue-twister, goshdarnit!

How about, "I ordered my womb to produce a baby. Let me have a chance
to order yours to!"

Hey Scott... Badmuts Pro Audio 1 May 27th 08 07:59 PM
Scott ? Eeyore Audio Opinions 6 August 21st 07 09:23 AM
Hey Scott, what's up ? Eeyore Audio Opinions 26 December 24th 06 10:20 PM
Attention Art, Scott, and Scott... Marc Phillips Audio Opinions 3 August 24th 04 11:49 PM