Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Chuck[_5_] Chuck[_5_] is offline

Default Question about Ham Schlem wireless speakers item # 75718

Greetings,

Hammacher Schlemmer is currently selling some rechargeable indoor/
outdoor wireless speakers, indicated as Item # 75718. These seem
similar to a now-out-of-stock pair of speakers listed as item # 73963,
but I presume Item # 75718 is NOT necessarily the same as the
unavailable item # 73963.

The info on the website and in the catalog for Item # 75718 leaves out
certain pertinent bits of info, so I am wondering if anyone in this
newsgroup can answer the following questions about HamSchlem's item #
75718:

Question #1: What frequency do these speakers operate on...900mhz,
2.4 ghz, or something else?

Question #2: Do these speakers allow you to switch from one channel
to some number of other channels to avoid interference that may be on
one channel but not another?

Question #3: Do these speakers allow the listener to switch them from
stereo to mono (such that a signal that is transmitted as stereo from
a source may be received as a combined mono signal on each of the two
wireless speakers if the listener so chooses)?

I sent Hammacher Schlemmer questions along these lines but apparently
they were too busy or unconcerned with their public image to respond
to what I regard as a reasonable query.

Thanks!

Chuck
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

As a general rule anything Ham Schlem sells is nt.wth.sht, much like
Herrington, Sharper Image and of course the king of schlock ****peddlers
DAK.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Hammacher Schlemmer Team Hammacher Schlemmer Team is offline
Junior Member

Hi there! I’m a Hammacher Schlemmer employee, and I’ve signed up for alerts that notify me when there’s talk about products that we sell. Part of my job is to help customers find the answers to questions they have about our products.

So, I see you have had some difficulty getting in touch with customer service to find more out about item #75718, The Rechargeable Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speakers. I apologize for the inconvenience. I assure you that we at Hammacher Schlemmer take our customer service very seriously, and I will gladly contact customer service to look into this matter.

To answer your first question...yes, you are correct. Product #73963 is a sold out item and is not the same as product #75718. Item #75718, The Rechargeable Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speakers, is the replacement for 73963. These exclusive new speakers are also wireless, battery powered indoor/outdoor speakers with a water- and UV-resistant exterior, but, unlike the older ones, the new ones include a transmitter that connects to an iPod® or other MP3 player, stereo system, television, or portable CD player and broadcasts a digital wireless signal to the speakers from up to 150' away. Digital wireless signals are less susceptible to interference than analog signals, resulting in crystal-clear transmissions that penetrate walls, floors, and ceilings. In addition, with these new speakers you can purchase a Wireless Antennae Amplifier (#76130) that plugs into the transmitter and extends the broadcast range from 150’ to 450’.

Here is some information that I think will answer your other questions. Please see your questions and my responses below:

Question #1: What frequency do these speakers operate on...900mhz, 2.4 ghz, or something else?

A: These speakers operate on a 2.4 GHz frequency. The included transmitter connects to an MP3 Player, stereo system, television, or portable CD player and broadcasts a wireless 2.4 GHz digital signal to the speakers from up to 150’ away.

Question #2: Do these speakers allow you to switch from one channel to some number of other channels to avoid interference that may be on one channel but not another?

A: Yes. The wireless signal operates on three channels, minimizing interference, and penetrates floors, walls, and ceilings to deliver crisp sound to the 15-watt speakers. You can select frequency channels 1, 2 or 3 on the transmitter and speakers to avoid interference on a particular channel.

Question #3: Do these speakers allow the listener to switch them from stereo to mono (such that a signal that is transmitted as stereo from a source may be received as a combined mono signal on each of the two wireless speakers if the listener so chooses)?

A: Yes. Listeners can switch the speakers from stereo to mono so that each individual wireless speaker receives a combined mono signal. In other words, you’ll be hearing the same sounds from each speaker as opposed to different sounds from each speaker. This allows each speaker to act as a source of music when the speakers are placed far away from each other.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. However, if you don’t feel like this information has really hit the nail on the head, feel free to email me at with any additional questions or concerns you might have.

Thank you for your interest in Hammacher Schlemmer!

Sincerely,

The Customer Satisfaction Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck[_5_] View Post