Posted to rec.audio.opinion
news.tiscali.co.uk news.tiscali.co.uk is offline

Default Why would anyone want to be President?

Considering the scale of problems the next person up is going to inherit it
amazes me that this is a contest someone actually wants to win.

If the latest recapitalization plan fails then there'll be no choice but to
start nationalizing banks, effectively signaling the end of the free-market
(at least in its current form). Adding to the economic woes the problem of
two overseas wars.

Both candidates have pledged to cut taxes, but given the problems being
faced this is sheer populism if not outright lunacy. It's a classic damned
if you do, damned if you don't problem.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"news.tiscali.co.uk" wrote:

Considering the scale of problems the next person up is going to inherit it
amazes me that this is a contest someone actually wants to win.

If the latest recapitalization plan fails then there'll be no choice but to
start nationalizing banks, effectively signaling the end of the free-market
(at least in its current form). Adding to the economic woes the problem of
two overseas wars.

Both candidates have pledged to cut taxes, but given the problems being
faced this is sheer populism if not outright lunacy. It's a classic damned
if you do, damned if you don't problem.

Obama's plan raises taxes overall, IIRC. He would certainly allow the
Bush cuts to expire as scheduled.

Calling for a spending freeze and for buying up mortgages is more of a
pickle.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Signal[_2_] Signal[_2_] is offline

"news.tiscali.co.uk" wrote:

Considering the scale of problems the next person up is going to inherit it
amazes me that this is a contest someone actually wants to win.

Somebody has got to keep up the pretence...

If the latest recapitalization plan fails then there'll be no choice but to
start nationalizing banks, effectively signaling the end of the free-market
(at least in its current form). Adding to the economic woes the problem of
two overseas wars.

Nationalizing banks or, critically, getting rid of the fractional
reserve system (which inevitably leads to increasing national debt;
ultimately bankruptcy) is exactly what you do want. This idea has been
publicly available for eons.. eg. "The Money Makers" film, some 13
years ago, clearly outlined the time bomb.

Both candidates have pledged to cut taxes, but given the problems being
faced this is sheer populism if not outright lunacy. It's a classic damned
if you do, damned if you don't problem.

The positive way forward, IMHO, is for people to rise up and boycott
the systematic corruption in modern society en-mass. I don't know how
feasible this is right now, radical changes in perception and
behaviour are needed. Here's just a little ray of hope..

http://physiciansforhumanrights.org/...008-10-02.html

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Oct 11, 10:26�am, "news.tiscali.co.uk"
wrote:
Considering the scale of problems the next person up is going to inherit it
amazes me that this is a contest someone actually wants to win.

Because if you can fix these problems, you can go down as one of the
greatest leaders in history.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

Considering the scale of problems the next person up is going to inherit it
amazes me that this is a contest someone actually wants to win.

Because if you can fix these problems, you can go down as one of the
greatest leaders in history.

McPOW is worn out trying to get his thoughts across. Of late, he's reduced
to saying things like "Trust me, I know how to do this stuff." He's so
disoriented that he referred to the Senate "my fellow prisoners". When he
calls Obama a "whippersnapper", you can stick a fork in him.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Schizoid Man[_4_] Schizoid Man[_4_] is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Vinylanach said:

Considering the scale of problems the next person up is going to
inherit it
amazes me that this is a contest someone actually wants to win.

Because if you can fix these problems, you can go down as one of the
greatest leaders in history.

McPOW is worn out trying to get his thoughts across. Of late, he's reduced
to saying things like "Trust me, I know how to do this stuff." He's so
disoriented that he referred to the Senate "my fellow prisoners". When he
calls Obama a "whippersnapper", you can stick a fork in him.

Looks like Palin's thrown in the towel on this election. Considering that
her rhetoric on abortion, terrorism and race is up I'm guessing she wants to
use the 'culture war' platform for a run at the top job in 2012.

The GOP troops love her now, but will they in four years?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Vinylanach said:

Considering the scale of problems the next person up is going to
inherit it
amazes me that this is a contest someone actually wants to win.

Because if you can fix these problems, you can go down as one of the
greatest leaders in history.

McPOW is worn out trying to get his thoughts across. Of late, he's reduced
to saying things like "Trust me, I know how to do this stuff." He's so
disoriented that he referred to the Senate "my fellow prisoners". When he
calls Obama a "whippersnapper", you can stick a fork in him.

Looks like Palin's thrown in the towel on this election. Considering that
her rhetoric on abortion, terrorism and race is up I'm guessing she wants to
use the 'culture war' platform for a run at the top job in 2012.

The GOP troops love her now, but will they in four years?

they can rant and rave because it makes hem feel good,
but it won't win any presidential elections.
The far right would rather rant and rave than actually win.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Oct 11, 5:24�pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

He's so disoriented that he referred to the Senate "my fellow prisoners".

My God. He really did say that.

Boon