Joe Somebody

Default Subs

4 Kicker s15l74's in bandpass or 6 JL 13w7's Bass Reflex?

Paul Vina

A toughie, but assuming the same amount of power for each system I could say
the Kickers because you'll push each sub to their limit and the bandpass
will give you a big increase as well.

Paul Vina

"Joe Somebody" wrote in message
.. .
4 Kicker s15l74's in bandpass or 6 JL 13w7's Bass Reflex?

hushd4

I think putting those kickers in a bandpass wouldnt sound as good if you
were to put them in a vented enclosure. And if you build it right it'll
sound lounder then the bandpass.

--
hushd4

rick donnelly

Something tells me that sq may not be the chief concern here. I may be
wrong....
"hushd4" wrote in message

I think putting those kickers in a bandpass wouldnt sound as good if you
were to put them in a vented enclosure. And if you build it right it'll
sound lounder then the bandpass.

--
hushd4
hushd4's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=1590
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...?threadid=9950

Daniel Snooks

hushd4 wrote

I think putting those kickers in a bandpass wouldnt sound as good if you
were to put them in a vented enclosure. And if you build it right it'll
sound lounder then the bandpass.

Theoretically, if both box designs are built properly the bandpass will be
louder. Generally speaking a vented enclosure will give a +3dB gain at the
tuning frequency whereas a bandpass enclosure will give a +6dB gain at the
tuning frequency.

For my $0.02 I say ...

Run the 6 JL vented, but double up the drivers isobaric (3 boxes, 2 drivers
in clamshell for each box) Here is why ...

1) WinISD shows a +7dB bump at 31Hz with a 5.28 cuft using a square port
that measures 15.75" x 2" x 11.5" long

2) with massive boxes like that you should be able to run all 6 with a
single 2000W amp @ 2 ohm and get some really impressive results.

3) I don't think this has been done before (with 13W7s anyway) so you have
the novelty factor

4) if you can manage to run each box with it's own 1000 - 2000W amp @ 0.75
or 1.5 ohm ... bonus

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

Paul Vina

Go with the Kickers in the bandpass.

"hushd4" wrote in message

I think putting those kickers in a bandpass wouldnt sound as good if

you
were to put them in a vented enclosure. And if you build it right

it'll
sound lounder then the bandpass.

--
hushd4

hushd4's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=1590
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...?threadid=9950

For Sale or Trade....Image Dyanamics Subs Douglas Conder Car Audio 0 September 9th 03 01:43 PM
Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM
Best 8" subs? Sam Carleton Car Audio 7 August 15th 03 04:25 AM
Subwoofer direction Doobie-Doo Car Audio 108 August 13th 03 04:15 PM
Boston 8" Pro subs in trunk? Chall70 Car Audio 1 July 6th 03 05:56 AM