Joe

Default Sony MP3 head unit

Bought this last year just before christmas, hooked it up straight away to
10 speakers, 4 tweeters, two in the front, two in the back, two parcel
shelfs, two in front door, two in rear door. Been playing fine up until last
few months (summer) where the stereo has been cutting out, I can press all
the buttons change track change radio station and when I do I still get the
beep sound. But there is no music at all, not on MP3 nor Radio.

Just before the sound cuts out there is a crackling, sometimes during play
it will crackle if I press volume up it will cut out, but still get the beep
sound. When I pull the face plate down the face of the head unit is very
hot. The sound usually does this on very hot days and long periods of play.
I also play the stereo loud. In the manual it says the CD is ejected when
the ambient temperature is 50 degrees Centigrade, but that's not happening,
nothing about cutting out in it. If I turn the stereo off for a while it
seems to fix the problem.

It's been sent back to Sony under warranty and they've found nothing wrong
with it. Is it my speakers putting too much strain on the head unit? how do
I rectify the situation? I'm no pro at stereo's so please talk to me like im
15.

P.S. I'm also going deaf in my right ear :-/

Joe

6 speakers (2 tweeters) on 2 channels? Apparently according to a close
friend either need to disconnect 2 **** speakers or get an amp for them?