Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Here's my Zoom H5 Review

Ty -

Fabulous review. Of course I am very interested because I own an H6, which
is my mainstay in multitrack recording. These are delicious little designs,
well thought through and highly capable while still easy to use.
I did want more of a "big picture" of what this thing is right at the
beginning, because I kept wondering if those 4 channels you talked about
were 4 XLR inputs or just two plus the interchangeable mike modules. Is
there a module for two more XLRs, or just two more line 3.5 mm microphone
jacks? That would be limiting, and I would definitely recommend the H6.

Gary Eickmeier

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
Hey,

http://tinyurl.com/oj73abw

Regards,

Ty Ford

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/9/2014 7:58 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

I kept wondering if those 4 channels you talked about
were 4 XLR inputs or just two plus the interchangeable mike modules. Is
there a module for two more XLRs, or just two more line 3.5 mm microphone
jacks?

There's a module that replaces the microphone assembly on the top with
two XLR connectors. That, along with the two XLR-TRS combo connectors on
the bottom, gives you four XLRs (and no built-in mics) for mics.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 8/9/2014 7:58 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

I kept wondering if those 4 channels you talked about
were 4 XLR inputs or just two plus the interchangeable mike modules.
Is there a module for two more XLRs, or just two more line 3.5 mm
microphone jacks?

There's a module that replaces the microphone assembly on the top with
two XLR connectors. That, along with the two XLR-TRS combo connectors
on the bottom, gives you four XLRs (and no built-in mics) for mics.

Thanks! Sounds like a very useful little piece. I think the modules are the
same for the H5 and H6, but I wonder if they provide for metering and
controls for two extra XLR inputs. I must look that up in my manual.

Six powered XLR mikes on my H6 would take a hell of a toll on battery life
but I think there is an AC power accessory somewhere somehow.

Nate Najar - how about looking at these neat little digital recorders, 4
tracks or 6 tracks, rather than a new mixer into a 2 track recorder or
workstation?

Gary Eickmeier

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dave O'Heare[_3_] Dave O'Heare[_3_] is offline

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in
:

Thanks! Sounds like a very useful little piece. I think the
modules are the same for the H5 and H6, but I wonder if they
provide for metering and controls for two extra XLR inputs. I
must look that up in my manual.

Six powered XLR mikes on my H6 would take a hell of a toll on
battery life but I think there is an AC power accessory
somewhere somehow.

Gary, FWIW, the extra two XLRs on the H6 can be metered, can be
controlled, no problem. They do NOT have phantom power, and the H6
insists on naming the tracks ZOOMwhatever_L and ZOOMwhatever_R,
instead of 5 & 6 or something.

Dave O'Heare
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Six powered XLR mikes on my H6 would take a hell of a toll on battery life
but I think there is an AC power accessory somewhere somehow.

"APH-6 Accessory Pack (includes RCH-6 wired Remote Controller, AD-17
USB-type AC adapter, WSH-6H Hairy Windscreen) "

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com

Review Zoom H6 Gary Eickmeier Pro Audio 227 October 29th 13 02:41 PM
Zoom H2n Gary Eickmeier High End Audio 5 February 29th 12 11:50 PM
Zoom H2? Bill Peters Pro Audio 3 December 14th 10 06:04 AM
I just got the Zoom H2 [email protected] Pro Audio 25 September 17th 07 10:39 PM
ZOOM 9 vs. Zoom 7.???? SSMusic[_2_] Pro Audio 0 May 28th 07 06:57 PM