Bose studiocraft st 1000

Old June 4th 05, 07:43 PM
Trevor Wilson

"Michael Conzo" > wrote in message
> "Trevor Wilson" > wrote:
>
>> **They were crap speakers, in their time. If you're lucky, they'll all be
>> in
>> land fill by now.

> Aren't you the same guy that has said:
>>
>> From: "Trevor Wilson" >
>> Date: 2000/07/19
>>
>> **True. However, based on some informal comments, from local Bose
>> dealers, I
>> suspect the 901 will not be around for much longer. It's sales are
>> dismally
>> low. Sophisticated surround sound devices, will hammer the final nails
>> into
>> the coffin of a fabulously successful product

> This would look to be five years ago mate, and your still attacking Bose
> every chance you get. This response would look to be no different.

**What I said back then and the other day, were perfectly consistent,
accurate comments. Bose only keeps the 901 alive, because it would require a
serious loss of credibility to kill it off. 901 sales are virtually
non-existent. Studiocraft were crap. ALL Bose products are/were crap.

If you have some hard evidence to prove me wrong, then present it.

PS: May I please have a double chocolate/chocolate chip ice cream, in a
waffle cone?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Old June 5th 05, 03:52 AM
Michael Conzo

"Trevor Wilson" > wrote:

> **What I said back then and the other day, were perfectly consistent,
> accurate comments. Bose only keeps the 901 alive, because it would require a
> serious loss of credibility to kill it off. 901 sales are virtually
> non-existent. Studiocraft were crap. ALL Bose products are/were crap.
>
> If you have some hard evidence to prove me wrong, then present it.
>
> PS: May I please have a double chocolate/chocolate chip ice cream, in a
> waffle cone?

A finacially experienced company like Bose wouldn't seem to be the type to
keep selling an unprofitable product. After all, that's why the
Studiocrafts were ended, wasn't it?

You should know better than to believe the rantings of some here. Or is
everyone in Brisbane supposed to be Mccarty?

Old June 5th 05, 05:34 AM
Trevor Wilson

"Michael Conzo" > wrote in message
> "Trevor Wilson" > wrote:
>
>> **What I said back then and the other day, were perfectly consistent,
>> accurate comments. Bose only keeps the 901 alive, because it would
>> require a
>> serious loss of credibility to kill it off. 901 sales are virtually
>> non-existent. Studiocraft were crap. ALL Bose products are/were crap.
>>
>> If you have some hard evidence to prove me wrong, then present it.
>>
>> PS: May I please have a double chocolate/chocolate chip ice cream, in a
>> waffle cone?

> A finacially experienced company like Bose wouldn't seem to be the type to
> keep selling an unprofitable product.

**You'd think so. Being a private company, it is impossible for anyone to
obtain sales stats from Bose Corp. However, I've spoken to every Bose dealer
in Sydney. NONE have sold a pair of 901s in several years. I suggest that
Bose now sells so few 901 speaker systems that the numbers are unsupportable
from a strictly financially reasonable position. From a prestige position,
of course, it is a whole 'nuther story. Bose needs to keep the 901 myth
alive, in order to get more suckers to buy their profitable crap (ie: Their
Lifestyle systems).

After all, that's why the
> Studiocrafts were ended, wasn't it?

**Indeed. Studiocarft were crap, conventional speakers. No loss for Bose to
kill them off. In fact, it was probably a smart marketing move. Sort of like
telling the market: "See, we built conventional speakers, but no one wanted
them. We will henceforth concentrate on our own unique systems." Or words to
that effect.

> You should know better than to believe the rantings of some here. Or is
> everyone in Brisbane supposed to be Mccarty?

**Anyone who so steadfastly supports such unmitigated garbage as Bose
products, deserves to be called McCarty.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Old June 5th 05, 01:36 PM
Sander deWaal

Michael Conzo > said:

>You should know better than to believe the rantings of some here. Or is
>everyone in Brisbane supposed to be Mccarty?

Well, what are the odds of finding actually 2 different people in
favor of Bose in just one small city? ;-)

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Old June 7th 05, 12:26 PM

thanks everyone for your comments.
im not a big bose fan really, but i have heard a recent comparison of
these
bose monsters with a few decent pairs of speakers, like my fathers b&w
630's
and jamo concert 7's. I found the studiocrafts had more dynamic range
and a tighter
sound with much more bass. I played several different tracks, they were
especially good
on the rythmic jazz recordings. but after watching titanic at a decent
volume level
i was blown away at the performance of these bose.....

am curious has any body really heard these speakers? or just having a
bose bash....

Old June 14th 05, 01:30 AM
Clyde Slick

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> As for the Bose speakers, if you were in the US, I'd suggest you try
> eBay.com, flea markets, pawn shops, charity stores, etc.

Don't forget to check out the landfill.

Old June 14th 05, 02:08 AM

Clyde Slick wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > As for the Bose speakers, if you were in the US, I'd suggest you try
> > eBay.com, flea markets, pawn shops, charity stores, etc.

> Don't forget to check out the landfill.

Yeah, just dig through the piles of discarded tube amps and turntables
and you might find a speaker or two. ;-)

Old June 14th 05, 02:14 AM
Clyde Slick

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Clyde Slick wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >
>> > As for the Bose speakers, if you were in the US, I'd suggest you try
>> > eBay.com, flea markets, pawn shops, charity stores, etc.

>> Don't forget to check out the landfill.
>>

> Yeah, just dig through the piles of discarded tube amps and turntables
> and you might find a speaker or two. ;-)

My buddy did find a Marantz 7C at the local thrift shop.
I found and RCA LSC 1817 Fiedler Gaite Parisiane at
an Escondido thrift shop. Both in great shape.

Old May 6th 11, 06:07 AM
Rick C Rick C is offline
Junior Member

I have an old pair of ST 1000 interaudio/Bose speakers.

very heavy, very large.

Great base, tight top end but getting a little old. Needed some gentle re-soldering of one of the fuses for the top end speaker.

Still great for cranking out tunes at a house party and as the fronts for deep bass during movies.

rated up to 200W each, needing a pretty powerful amp to drive them.