Which Rotel amp combination?

Old April 21st 12, 11:26 PM
Cappen Boidseye Cappen Boidseye is offline
Junior Member

Default Which Rotel amp combination?

Hi,
I now have a working Rotel RA1412 amplifier, repaired after years of languishing in a corner after one channel of the power amp died. Do I go back to this amp or stick with the replacement set-up, 2 Rotel RB971's in bridge mode and an RC972 pre-amp.
I have plumbed in the RA1412 and it sounds great, but so does the newer kit. This is going to take some listening!
My speakers are Celestion Ditton SL662s, my one worry with the newer amps is that they are capable of frying the SL662's, the RA1412 doesn't have as much power, but it still has plenty and has a decent phono stage, also it has plenty of shiny buttons!

Any opinions out there?