Tweeter replacement for Kef 107

Old March 5th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

Default Tweeter replacement for Kef 107

"bassett" > wrote in message

> "Kalman Rubinson" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:35:14 -0800, "ScottW"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Actually....the term impedance implies a complex
>>> model that will vary response with frequency.
>>>
>>> I think you're confusing nominal impedance.

>> Not confusing the terms but, unfortunately, I didn't use
>> the correct ones explicitely. As you state, the nominal
>> impedance is almost always offered but the complex
>> impedance graph less commonly. I am in agreement with you that swapping
>> drivers is a
>> crap-shoot unless one is willing and able to undertake a
>> potential redesign. Kal

> It comes down to how much work your prepaired for, if you just want
> the same result, by all means go for
> the KEF replacements, They should be the same values as the one's
> there replacing, and should not require any work on the crossovers.
> Plus, they will fit.
> If you deside on the Vifa's Scan Speak, or whatever, for best results
> you will need to play with the "cap' values in the crossover, to obtain
> a balanced result,
> As our friend states above, it's a "crap-shoot" you
> can buy the worlds best, but get the crossover values
> wrong, and they will sound like crap, and the cheapest
> tweeters around with good matching crossover
> componants will sound like the "ducks nuts" It's
> all about trial and error

It's really a crap shoot, because it is impossible to merely diddle the
crossover and get a good balance with a tweeter that is not efficient enough
for the rest of the system.

Old March 28th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.audio.opinion
fid

An update... I installed new tweeters purchased from Kef (R1549).
Contrary to what they told me, these tweeters are far from being
compatible. The problem is that these tweeters are too loud making the
sound harsh. I am disappointed and I am planning to return them.

Old December 16th 11, 03:00 AM
mameluk mameluk is offline
Banned

Location: Iran

This article on www.audiobanter.com is bookmark worthy in my opinion. It's worth saving for future reference. It's fascinating reading with many valid points for contemplation. I have to concur on almost every point made within this article.

tweeter replacement pil Car Audio 3 June 5th 04 05:32 PM
Replacement voice coil for Dynaudio tweeter?? JeffM. Car Audio 1 March 20th 04 07:58 PM
Bose Interaudio Replacement 10" Woofer and Tweeter (brand new) Randy Marketplace 0 March 17th 04 03:17 PM
Replacement NS-10 tweeter Shawn Pro Audio 6 February 24th 04 06:49 AM
Replacement Tweeter for one Paradigm Eclipse BP Bernard Tech 2 September 16th 03 03:23 AM