DD

Default 600Wrms from ESX Q604!

Okay, I know that's a totally bogus claim (600Wrms from any 60x4 amp is
just ridiculous). But there's a guy on Ebay claiming exactly that.
Check it out:

If you can wade through the intensely annoying CAPITAL LETTERS and
excessive P!UNc!!!tu!ati!!!!on, you'll see that he's painting a bit of
an overly-rosey picture of this amp's capabilities.

Just curious, though, if anyone knows what the Q604 really is capable
of (within reason). I've been told that the Quantum amps are
underrated by about 15%, but this ad got me wondering how accurate that
15% really is.

TIA,
-DD

MZ

Okay, I know that's a totally bogus claim (600Wrms from any 60x4 amp is
just ridiculous). But there's a guy on Ebay claiming exactly that.
Check it out:

If you can wade through the intensely annoying CAPITAL LETTERS and
excessive P!UNc!!!tu!ati!!!!on, you'll see that he's painting a bit of
an overly-rosey picture of this amp's capabilities.

Just curious, though, if anyone knows what the Q604 really is capable
of (within reason). I've been told that the Quantum amps are
underrated by about 15%, but this ad got me wondering how accurate that
15% really is.

According to the manual, it will deliver 180 x 2 into two 4 ohm loads (ie.
bridged to two channels). In 4 channel mode, it'll go 60x4 into 4 ohm
loads, 90x4 into a 2 ohm load. In true mono mode, it will deliver 180x2
into a pair of 1 ohm loads. In high voltage mode, it will deliver 150x2
into a pair of 2 ohm loads. This amp can actually be bridged down to one
channel as well, with a 360 watt output into 4 ohms.

IME, they're not terribly underrated, so I don't know where he's getting the
600 watt number from. But I've owned my q1752 for about 4 years now, and it
never once went into protection.

Cyrus

In article .com,
"DD" wrote:

Okay, I know that's a totally bogus claim (600Wrms from any 60x4 amp is
just ridiculous). But there's a guy on Ebay claiming exactly that.
Check it out:

If you can wade through the intensely annoying CAPITAL LETTERS and
excessive P!UNc!!!tu!ati!!!!on, you'll see that he's painting a bit of
an overly-rosey picture of this amp's capabilities.

Just curious, though, if anyone knows what the Q604 really is capable
of (within reason). I've been told that the Quantum amps are
underrated by about 15%, but this ad got me wondering how accurate that
15% really is.

TIA,
-DD

To quote: "90x4 at 12 volts at 2-ohms"

So with the extra ~2volts, the amp would need to produce another 60x4 to
give you the stated 600. Will it do it? I dunno.

If it meets your criteria for an amp, jump. ESX are nice amps.

As an aside and complaint: When will manufacturers ever put out a
4channel with more wattage for 2channels of it, and less for the other
2? One usually only needs about 40 or so watts for a tweeter, and
upwards of 80 for the midbass section. I'd bite for those specs.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Jordan Skoblenick

Wow, this guys a dumbass. He claims it was never taken out of the box except
for pictures, yet it has a " high current mods,high voltage mode, true mono,
and balanced unputs as well." What's an unput?

"DD" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, I know that's a totally bogus claim (600Wrms from any 60x4 amp is
just ridiculous). But there's a guy on Ebay claiming exactly that.
Check it out:

If you can wade through the intensely annoying CAPITAL LETTERS and
excessive P!UNc!!!tu!ati!!!!on, you'll see that he's painting a bit of
an overly-rosey picture of this amp's capabilities.

Just curious, though, if anyone knows what the Q604 really is capable
of (within reason). I've been told that the Quantum amps are
underrated by about 15%, but this ad got me wondering how accurate that
15% really is.

TIA,
-DD

DD

Perhaps I should have explained things a little differently in my
original post...

I already own 2 ESX-Q amps (Q1204 & Q4751), so I know they are great
pieces of hardware. And, while I would welcome the thought of adding a
Q604 to my "collection," I'm not looking for another amp to buy
(especially from a Ebay twit like this).

The reason I knew the guy was full of crap was because I had the owners
manual right in front of me, which (as MZ pointed out) states that the
Q604 is only rated at 360W into a single channel.

My question was whether anyone had every actually done a *real* bench
test on one of the Q-series amps to see what it's cababilities really
were. In other words, are they truely underrated? If so, how much?
Is that 15% legit?... you get the picture. Just wanting to satisfy my
curiosity more than anything.

Sorry I wasn't more clear in my original post. But thanks for the

-DD