pil

Default how to choose box size for 10"

I can't seem to find the correct volume for my 10" It is in a variable box.
At 1.5cuFt it sounds nice but when I make it about half of that it is a bit
softer but it sounds about the same.

What should I listen for when I size my box? I want it as small as possible.

Thanks

thelizman

pil wrote:
I can't seem to find the correct volume for my 10" It is in a variable box.
At 1.5cuFt it sounds nice but when I make it about half of that it is a bit
softer but it sounds about the same.

What should I listen for when I size my box? I want it as small as possible.

Often times sacrificing size means compromising quality. If 1.5 ft^3
sounds best to you, then try to play with the dimensions to achieve that
in a box that fits your location.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.