Daniel TONG

Default 2004 Accord Front door Speakers Set-up

I have the Accord 04 with stock radio/cd that very much tied up with
the air-con system. I have no problem with the rear speakers. But the
front really present some problem as listed below:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13634 and
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13643

My question is:

1. Any successful set-up of the front speakers?

2. Any successful set-up of a new mp3 deck . The local shop will only
put in a new deck in the space below the stock radio . Basically
everything will be rewired.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Daniel

Mister_B

Nothing needs to be re-wired for an MP3 deck . There is a relocation kit
that comes with a new wiring harness .. For front speaker upgrades all
you need is a 5.25" ( stock size ) to 6.5" adapter .. Dont get 6.5's
deeper than 2.75"
The dash kit http://store.yahoo.com/millionbuy/aihonk823.html
The speaker adapters
http://store.yahoo.com/millionbuy/aihsb518.html
Of course you will much improved midbass response with the wood rings
as shown in your second link , but the plastic spacers work fine - just
to a lesser degree ..

--
Mister_B
Mister_B's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=28133

Edward Quinn

i have mb quart premium 6.5s in my 04 accord with the tweeters mounted in
the factory locations in the dash.. as far as the head unit.. im still
waiting for them to make a kit that overcomes the climate controls tied into
the head unit...
m...