Posted to rec.audio.car
dprime

Default Kenwood KDC-MPV5025 not playing MP3 data CD-Rs (HELP!)

I have a Kenwood KDC-MPV5025 and I can not get a data CD-R with MP3s on
it to play. I had one at one time that did work and it has been lost
so I burned about 20 CD-Rs trying to get it to work again with no luck.
When I put the CD-R in it says Reading for about 2 minutes and then
acts like it is playing track 1 but no sound and I cannot skip to any
other track.

It still plays regular music CDs fine but refuses to play any of my MP3
data CDs. I have used my desktop and laptop to try and burn with no
luck. I have tried several burn speeds and Roxio 6.0 and Sonic
RecordNow Plus. No luck.

The MP3 CD-Rs play fine in my other car with a factory radio but not in
the Kenwood. I also tried them in a friend of mines Kenwood deck that
is supposed to play MP3s and I get the same result; 1 track no sound.

Any Ideas? It seems like it is all Kenwood decks. Do I need to get a
specific brand or type of CD-R? I tried two different brands with the
same result. What settings do I need to use in the buring software?
Does anyone here have a Keenwood deck that works when they burn a MP3
Data CD-R? If so what software, CD-Rs, and settings are you using?

I am at my wits end messing with this trying to get it to work. Any
help would be GREAT.

Thnks,

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull

I would suggest reading the manual for your HU, looking specifically
for some information on how a CDR should be burned in order for your
deck to read it...
As an example, I think my panasonic (say what you will, but I like it)
has a restriction in the manual that says you cannot go any more than 8
folders deep on any directory (file structure). Perhaps the Kenwood
line has some sort of strange requirement (off the top of my head, what
if you have to have the music tagged a certain way)...
Food for thought, anyway.

~Mister.Lull
dprime wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

I would suggest reading the manual for your HU, looking specifically
for some information on how a CDR should be burned in order for your
deck to read it...
As an example, I think my panasonic (say what you will, but I like it)
has a restriction in the manual that says you cannot go any more than 8
folders deep on any directory (file structure). Perhaps the Kenwood
line has some sort of strange requirement (off the top of my head, what
if you have to have the music tagged a certain way)...
Food for thought, anyway.

~Mister.Lull

Good advice. Also, are the titles or file names really long? I know that
can screw up some MP3 players. I have also heard that certain kinds of CDR
work better than others. It might be worth trying a different brand. I
have always had good luck with TDK.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Also, I have never heard anyone in this group before complain about Kenwoods
not playing MP3's so be comforted in the knowledge it is most likely NOT a
problem with your HU, but something to do with the discs you are burning.

You'll figure it out.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
dprime

Well I went and bought 4 different brands of CDRs and a couple were
high end ones. Still no luck. It is like it thinks it is a regular cd
not a MP3 cd and it tries to play it like that.

I took the same CDR and went to an electronics store and it worked in
the new Kenwoods. Must be something strange with that model or it is
just screwed up. It is in a boat and it is only a year old but it may
have gotten wet or just banged around to much. Very strange. I may
just have to purchase a newer model. Oh well.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Vivek

I believe the cd assembly is pretty standardized and all MP3 units expect
the same type of CDR format and settings. I also suspect that the unit has
gone faulty.

"dprime" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Well I went and bought 4 different brands of CDRs and a couple were
| high end ones. Still no luck. It is like it thinks it is a regular cd
| not a MP3 cd and it tries to play it like that.
|
| I took the same CDR and went to an electronics store and it worked in
| the new Kenwoods. Must be something strange with that model or it is
| just screwed up. It is in a boat and it is only a year old but it may
| have gotten wet or just banged around to much. Very strange. I may
| just have to purchase a newer model. Oh well.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Well I went and bought 4 different brands of CDRs and a couple were
high end ones. Still no luck. It is like it thinks it is a regular cd
not a MP3 cd and it tries to play it like that.

I took the same CDR and went to an electronics store and it worked in
the new Kenwoods.

Wait a sec, I thought you said it also didn't work your friends Kenwood MP3
player. Is that true?

YOu may have said this, but have you tried burning a disc on a different
computer? And like I said before, take the advice of MisterLull as it may
have something to do with too many folders.

If all fails, I have been able to revive some old DVD and MP3 players by
running a disc cleaning CD through it. Radio Shack sells one that consists
of basically a CD with two small brushes affixed to it. You may want to try
running this in your player, if it doesn't work, you can just return it to
Radio Shack. But I have been able to fix two DVD players that REFUSED to
track (and would skip and freeze) until I ran this cleaner disc and all was
well. Maybe a shot in the dark, but you have little to lose by trying it.

MOSFET