Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Stereo won't even turn on!!! Help!

I have an 02 Honda Accord EX. In it, I have a stock 6 disc cd player. I
ended up having a cd stuck and took it to the dealership. When they
told me it would take 300+ to get it out, I had someone help me take
the actual stereo out, of the dash, and to finally get the stupid cd
out (my radio was still working at this time). We took out the stereo,
started up the cd function and got the cds out. Great. Well, when we
put the stereo back in and now, NOTHING works. It won't even turn on.
The blinking light for the anti-theft isn't blinking anymore either.
I've read a lot about a sacred code that it may ask for, but it's not
even asking for that. The display is completely blank and I have
abbsolutely no tunes. Any ideas on what I need to check out or do to
fix this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Vivek

300+ !! With that money you can get 2 mp3 cd after market units or a
brilliant 1 mp3 cd. Don't even think about getting it repaired.

I think either the wiring harness is not inserted correctly or you have
broken some of the wires in the harness. Look closely inside the harness.
How is it back there

wrote in message
oups.com...
|I have an 02 Honda Accord EX. In it, I have a stock 6 disc cd player. I
| ended up having a cd stuck and took it to the dealership. When they
| told me it would take 300+ to get it out, I had someone help me take
| the actual stereo out, of the dash, and to finally get the stupid cd
| out (my radio was still working at this time). We took out the stereo,
| started up the cd function and got the cds out. Great. Well, when we
| put the stereo back in and now, NOTHING works. It won't even turn on.
| The blinking light for the anti-theft isn't blinking anymore either.
| I've read a lot about a sacred code that it may ask for, but it's not
| even asking for that. The display is completely blank and I have
| abbsolutely no tunes. Any ideas on what I need to check out or do to
| fix this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car

As far as I know, none of the wiring was even touched. All that was
done apparently was taking the actual stereo out of the dash, popped
the cds out, and then the stereo went back in the dash. I did have a
look at after-market decks, but I just really like mine. I also can't
go without music for much longer.....
Vivek wrote:
300+ !! With that money you can get 2 mp3 cd after market units or a
brilliant 1 mp3 cd. Don't even think about getting it repaired.

I think either the wiring harness is not inserted correctly or you have
broken some of the wires in the harness. Look closely inside the harness.
How is it back there

wrote in message
oups.com...
|I have an 02 Honda Accord EX. In it, I have a stock 6 disc cd player. I
| ended up having a cd stuck and took it to the dealership. When they
| told me it would take 300+ to get it out, I had someone help me take
| the actual stereo out, of the dash, and to finally get the stupid cd
| out (my radio was still working at this time). We took out the stereo,
| started up the cd function and got the cds out. Great. Well, when we
| put the stereo back in and now, NOTHING works. It won't even turn on.
| The blinking light for the anti-theft isn't blinking anymore either.
| I've read a lot about a sacred code that it may ask for, but it's not
| even asking for that. The display is completely blank and I have
| abbsolutely no tunes. Any ideas on what I need to check out or do to
| fix this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

As far as I know, none of the wiring was even touched. All that was
done apparently was taking the actual stereo out of the dash, popped
the cds out, and then the stereo went back in the dash.

I would double check all the wiring in back. It's possible that while
fixing the HU a wire was yanked loose. Also, Brandon's idea of checking all
fuses makes sense. It sounds like a loose wire issue.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Rob Kulp

"MOSFET" wrote in message

As far as I know, none of the wiring was even touched. All that was
done apparently was taking the actual stereo out of the dash, popped
the cds out, and then the stereo went back in the dash.

I would double check all the wiring in back. It's possible that while
fixing the HU a wire was yanked loose. Also, Brandon's idea of checking
all fuses makes sense. It sounds like a loose wire issue.

MOSFET

Some decks won't come on if the antenna is disconnected as well. Sometimes
they pop out because they are usually shorter than the wiring harness.

Rob

Multiplex decoder nearly rewired. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 20 November 24th 05 10:08 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Playing MP3 into Car stereo? JJonson Car Audio 0 June 2nd 05 05:24 PM
Is the car stereo industry stagnant? n8 skow Car Audio 9 August 16th 04 11:54 AM
stolen car stereo and cigarette lighter marshall Car Audio 1 July 3rd 03 06:58 PM