Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

Default Toyota Tercel

Hey,

I'm installing a stereo into my 1990 toyota tercel. But toyota screwed
up all the colors. I know black should be ground and red power. Does
anybody know how all the colors line up. Also in the dash there are
4"x4". I want to upgrade these pathetics and wondering what should i
upgrade to and how i would go about installing possibly larger spekaers
than 4"x4". Would be much appreciated if anyone helped.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

Constant 12V+ Blue/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Gray
Ground Brown
Illumination Green
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 4" Dash
Left Front (+) Pink
Left Front (-) Purple
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Blue
Rear Speakers 4" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Black
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Red
Right Rear (-) White

In article .com, "Dev"
wrote:
Hey,

I'm installing a stereo into my 1990 toyota tercel. But toyota screwed
up all the colors. I know black should be ground and red power. Does
anybody know how all the colors line up. Also in the dash there are
4"x4". I want to upgrade these pathetics and wondering what should i
upgrade to and how i would go about installing possibly larger spekaers
than 4"x4". Would be much appreciated if anyone helped.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

Which ones are power and acc? Is power constant and acc switched?
Thanks alot!

Captain Howdy wrote:
Constant 12V+ Blue/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Gray
Ground Brown
Illumination Green
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 4" Dash
Left Front (+) Pink
Left Front (-) Purple
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Blue
Rear Speakers 4" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Black
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Red
Right Rear (-) White

In article .com, "Dev"
wrote:
Hey,

I'm installing a stereo into my 1990 toyota tercel. But toyota screwed
up all the colors. I know black should be ground and red power. Does
anybody know how all the colors line up. Also in the dash there are
4"x4". I want to upgrade these pathetics and wondering what should i
upgrade to and how i would go about installing possibly larger spekaers
than 4"x4". Would be much appreciated if anyone helped.

Thanks

GRussinko GRussinko is offline
Junior Member

Can't really help with the larger speaker question, but here are the wire colors for a '90 Tercel.

Constant 12V+: Blue/Yellow
Switched 12V+: Gray
Ground: Brown
Illumination: Green
Antenna: Driver's Pillar
Left Front (+): Pink
Left Front (-): Purple
Right Front (+): Light Green
Right Front (-): Blue
Left Rear (+): Black
Left Rear (-): Yellow
Right Rear (+): Red
Right Rear (-): White

-Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev
Hey,

I'm installing a stereo into my 1990 toyota tercel. But toyota screwed
up all the colors. I know black should be ground and red power. Does
anybody know how all the colors line up. Also in the dash there are
4"x4". I want to upgrade these pathetics and wondering what should i
upgrade to and how i would go about installing possibly larger spekaers
than 4"x4". Would be much appreciated if anyone helped.

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

Constant 12V+ Blue/Yellow = power constant

Switched 12V+ Gray = acc switched

LOL

In article . com, "Dev"
wrote:
Which ones are power and acc? Is power constant and acc switched?
Thanks alot!

Captain Howdy wrote:
Constant 12V+ Blue/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Gray
Ground Brown
Illumination Green
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 4" Dash
Left Front (+) Pink
Left Front (-) Purple
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Blue
Rear Speakers 4" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Black
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Red
Right Rear (-) White

In article .com, "Dev"
wrote:
Hey,

I'm installing a stereo into my 1990 toyota tercel. But toyota screwed
up all the colors. I know black should be ground and red power. Does
anybody know how all the colors line up. Also in the dash there are
4"x4". I want to upgrade these pathetics and wondering what should i
upgrade to and how i would go about installing possibly larger spekaers
than 4"x4". Would be much appreciated if anyone helped.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

Thanks alot you guys!
Do you know the best way about going and taking out the orginal radio?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

Thanks alot you guys!
Do you know the best way about going and taking out the orginal radio?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Vivek

My last reply to your posts.

Go to google type "remove toyota tercel radio" without the quotes click
"I'm feeling lucky"

UR Freaking people out here. Consider yourself lucky if you get further
replies or change your news reader ID.

oups.com...

Toyota Tercel Dev Car Audio 0 June 6th 06 07:47 PM
toyota help twisted50 Car Audio 5 April 27th 06 09:59 PM
Toyota A16403 Car Stereo DEAD Semi Head Tech 2 October 16th 04 10:52 PM
No sound in Toyota Tercel 1992 Imran Car Audio 0 July 4th 04 05:04 AM
Where is the Toyota AMP? How do I test it? drj Car Audio 4 November 7th 03 03:46 PM