wideglide340

most likely you have a piece from the mid to lat eighties. good luck
finding the din to rca adapters. they use to be available from a
company called p.i.e. precision interface engineeering i think....i
don't even know if they are still in business. but actually i may have
access to a few dinosaur adapter pieces. i need to check on monday. a
store i use to work in use to have a bout a hundred of them sitting in
the basement brand new in the packages. although i am not sure if they
wer for kenwood. back then there was a lot of din stuff. ie alpine.
kenwood, ads, nak. orion. so i will check on monday and you can email
me at and i will let you know.. i am assuming
you need maybe 4 of them..... if this is the type with 1 din in and 3
cords out........

--
wideglide340
wideglide340's Profile:

MOSFET

Default Need expert help regarding Kenwood EQ!

OK guys, I really need someone to come through for me, but if I've made a
horrible mistake, please don't tell me.

I have been wanting a dash mounted EQ for some time (I have a 13 band under
my seat, but I LOVE to fiddle). I got a smoking deal on a Kenwood KGC-6040
8 band EQ with sub control, but I've run into a big problem.

The inputs and outputs are DIN connectors, not RCA. I could find absolutely
no reference to this component on the Kenwood web site or the Kenwood-Europe
web site.

What the hell is this thing? Do adaptors exist (DIN to RCA)?
Is it really old? Is it foriegn? I have every CA&E and CSR buyers guide
going back to '92 but I find no mention of this component. If anybody has
older buying guides, can you please look to see if this component is
mentioned and what it says about it. If adaptors do not exist (I doubt they
do), what is the best way to determine which pin is which channel, etc.? I
was thinking of just using my multimeter and experimenting.

I really need some help here. Hopefully I have not bought a lemon.

Thank you in advance,

MOSFET

BigBob

$2.48 owners manual he
https://www.pacparts.com/scripts/Par... OKEN=53519953

http://www.pie.net/index.cfm has the connectors but they have redone their
site and made it really lameooo recently.
Drop me an email and I can check more of my links for you.
-

"MOSFET" wrote in message
news
[...]

wideglide340

sorry i did not get back toy you sooner, i do not know what happened
with e-mail. i will check on those on monday for you and let you know.

--
wideglide340
wideglide340's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32811
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=211764

MOSFET

Wideglide,

This is a letter for really you only as I have tried E-mailing you twice and
my letter bounced back. I don't know what the problem is. Here is what I
wrote:

Oh Man!!! That would be so cool if you could find those interfaces. Of
course I can pay you for them. I also
have some things I could trade you for them if you'd prefer. I have a 300
watt 2 outlet DC to AC converter (takes 12 volt and turns it into 120 volt
house current) that I am not using. I also have a Clarion 6 disc CD changer
and dash controller, a Clarion 6" powerd under-seat sub-woofer (these came
with the stock system in my '99 Suburu Outback), an 18" red neon tube, an
active subwoofer crossover, various speakers, and some other stuff.

Yes, it has one female DIN in (it appears to be eight pin) and three DIN's
out (they are male 5 pin).

Even if you do not have the proper adaptor, I am right in assuming that by
trial and error I can make this thing work eventually, right? I was worried
that perhaps it was foreign and worked on a different type of system or that
it was balanced and would not interface with typical RCA's. Your saying
that this was a common thing in the mid-eighties? Interesting.

MOSFET

Barry & Nikki

Yo Mos,
I have a few DIN to RCA connectors available and I am more than likely
located on your doorstep based on our ISP ( I live on the S. End of Whidbey,
and work on the N. end quite regularly). I tried emailing you in regards to
one of your previous posts but your mailbox is supposedly full. Contact me
and I can see if I have what you are seeking. I'll also try emailing you
again on this one.

"MOSFET" wrote in message
news
[...]

skeet06

I have two of these DIN to RCA connectors if you can not find drop me a
line at:

atlow8 at hotmail dot com

Sean