SF

Usually the cost of the repair is more than it is worth. the 9827 is a good
HU, but you might want to better invest your money into a new HU.

--
WDW is a Way of Life
"SHRED" wrote in message
newsN0Rd.81177$bu.11847@fed1read06...
You guys know of a good place to get a HU repaired?

I think my SUB OUT is intermittent on my Alpine 9827. It is not under
warranty.

Maybe the cost of repair would justify getting a new unit?

Thanks

MOSFET

Where do you live? I know a good one in Seattle, they fixed an Alpine head
of mine a few years ago for $50. But shipping must be considered, and there
may be one closer to you.

I would call the best Audio/Video retailer in your area and ask them. A
high-end retailer will likely only do business with a reputable repair
outfit.

MOSFET

"SHRED" wrote in message
newsN0Rd.81177$bu.11847@fed1read06...
You guys know of a good place to get a HU repaired?

I think my SUB OUT is intermittent on my Alpine 9827. It is not under
warranty.

Maybe the cost of repair would justify getting a new unit?

Thanks

Masterson

Hey SHRED...

Two questions,
What part of the world do you live in?
Why is your radio out of warranty? Its a 2004 headunit.

You guys know of a good place to get a HU repaired?
I think my SUB OUT is intermittent on my Alpine 9827. It is not under
warranty.
Maybe the cost of repair would justify getting a new unit?

Barry & Nikki

Where in Seattle is this place located? I live in that area and would like
to keep a place in mind just in case one of my items that I own is still
under warranty. If it ain't I'm repairing it myself. I hope you are not
referring to Martha Lake Electronics though.. They went T.U. about three
years ago. The auction that they had to get rid of their stuff was awesome
though. I was like a kid in a candy store.

news

"SHRED" wrote in message
newsN0Rd.81177$bu.11847@fed1read06...
You guys know of a good place to get a HU repaired?

I think my SUB OUT is intermittent on my Alpine 9827. It is not under
warranty.

Maybe the cost of repair would justify getting a new unit?

Thanks

Have you contacted Alpine? Sometimes they fix units at a flat rate. Its
worth checking out.

MOSFET

Where in Seattle is this place located? I live in that area and would like
to keep a place in mind just in case one of my items that I own is still
under warranty. If it ain't I'm repairing it myself. I hope you are not
referring to Martha Lake Electronics though.. They went T.U. about three
years ago. The auction that they had to get rid of their stuff was awesome
though. I was like a kid in a candy store

I'm reffering to Precision Audio. It is across the street from Magnolia
Hi-Fi on Roosevelt in the U-District. They do really good work and their
rates are very fair.

MOSFET

SHRED

Masterson wrote:
Hey SHRED...

Two questions,
What part of the world do you live in?
Why is your radio out of warranty? Its a 2004 headunit.

You guys know of a good place to get a HU repaired?
I think my SUB OUT is intermittent on my Alpine 9827. It is not under
warranty.
Maybe the cost of repair would justify getting a new unit?

I live in San Diego.
I bought it from a dealer that was NOT an Alpine authorized dealer.

Good news is I had a defective RCA cable.
Barry & Nikki

Never heard of them. But I don't go seeking out repair facilities either.
Hey Mosfet I noticed you have the same ISP that I do. I tried emailing you
but your email bounced as full. Contact me if you read this.