Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick[_5_] Rick[_5_] is offline

Default What is this Bob Morein stuff?

I lurk and have been for quite a while now and for the life of me I can't
figure out what this stuff is??
Posted to rec.audio.pro
HiC HiC is offline

On Oct 16, 12:11*am, Rick wrote:
I lurk and have been for quite a while now and for the life of me I can't
figure out what this stuff is??

I've never been able to get a straight answer on this.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Rick" wrote ...
I lurk and have been for quite a while now and for the
life of me I can't figure out what this stuff is??

Some mental patient in Australia named Brian McCarty
pretends to be Bob Morein (for reasons known only to
himself, or maybe not even that.)

He typically posts from buzzardnews, a sleazy outfit in
California, so it is trivial to tell his counterfeit messages
from the real Bob Morein.

Ignore him, engage him, ridicule him, as you wish.
It seems to make no difference. His internal demons
dictate that he keep up a steady stream of rubbish.
Or maybe he died and left a bot running which
randomly posts his (mostly recycled) drivel?

Whatever. I don't care. He doesn't even make my
top 1000 list of things to think about.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 00:11:23 -0400, Rick
wrote:

I lurk and have been for quite a while now and for the life of me I can't
figure out what this stuff is??

There's a troll. Someone keeps feeding him. Or maybe it's the same
person ****ing around. They've been at it a LONG time and it's become
very boring. Unless it amuses you to listen in, this is what kill
filters are for. If there IS a real Bob Morein and he's got anything
worth saying, it's a bit of a no-brainer for him to just walk away and
re-appear usning another name.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote:

I lurk and have been for quite a while now and for the
life of me I can't figure out what this stuff is??

There's a troll. Someone keeps feeding him. Or maybe
it's the same person ****ing around. They've been at it
a LONG time and it's become very boring.

Those of us who remember RAO when it was an audio group, saw this blivet get
launched. It moved to RAP when RAO totally disintegrated about 5-6 years
ago. This weirdness has been going on for at least a decade.

It is really about two obsessive people who simply couldn't let go and
wrestled each into the mud, very deep. Bob has done a few things to me in
the real world like he has done to Brian. It's about obsession.

Unless it amuses you to listen in, this is what kill filters are
for.

Problem being, one of the fatal pair frequently posts about audio. The
strategy we see before us was created to make the mud wrestling harder to
ignore.

If there IS a real Bob Morein and he's got anything
worth saying, it's a bit of a no-brainer for him to just
walk away and re-appear using another name.

Bob Morien and Brian McCarty appear to both be real people, if they are the
same people who started this mess on RAO about a decade back.

To his credit, Bob created the "Soundhaspriority" identity to distance
himself from Brian. The way the Brian subverted it is a matter of record and
general knowledge. There's no reason to believe that if Bob created a new
identity, Brian would not simply and immediately subsume it as well.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"Rick" wrote in message
I lurk and have been for quite a while now and for the life of me I can't
figure out what this stuff is??

I appreciate your interest, but more facts provoke more discussion. I
don't think this newsgroup wants that.

I would be happy to have a phone conversation with anyone who would like
to know more about the cause of this.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Well that might get you one side of the story .........

Gareeth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick[_6_] Rick[_6_] is offline

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 00:11:23 -0400, Rick wrote:

I lurk and have been for quite a while now and for the life of me I can't
figure out what this stuff is??

Thanks to everyone.
I wasn't sure if it was a bot or something.
I'll just leave it be
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Rick wrote:

I lurk and have been for quite a while now and for the life of me I can't
figure out what this stuff is??

There's an idiot who forges the 'real' Bob's details and also from time to
time claims to be his father.

He also imposts other people from time to time.

If you know how to look at headers, the imposter can be easily seen to be
posting from Buzzard News.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:26:53 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

To his credit, Bob created the "Soundhaspriority" identity to distance
himself from Brian. The way the Brian subverted it is a matter of record and
general knowledge. There's no reason to believe that if Bob created a new
identity, Brian would not simply and immediately subsume it as well.

Good summary.

Was there ever any question that "Soundhaspriority" wasn't "Bob"? If
not, the exercise was pointless.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

wrote:

To his credit, Bob created the "Soundhaspriority" identity to distance
himself from Brian. The way the Brian subverted it is a matter of record
and
general knowledge. There's no reason to believe that if Bob created a new
identity, Brian would not simply and immediately subsume it as well.

Good summary.

Was there ever any question that "Soundhaspriority" wasn't "Bob"? If
not, the exercise was pointless.

ONE of the people posting as "Soundhaspriority" IS Bob. A loon forges
his screen and his signature.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Gareth Magennis" wrote ...
"Soundhaspriority" wrote ...

I would be happy to have a phone conversation with anyone who would like
to know more about the cause of this.

Well that might get you one side of the story .........

I would personally be fascinated to hear your theory of how some
nutbag in Australia chronically impersonating and insulting annother
Usenet person has ANY legitimate basis at all.

The phenomenon that McCarty on rare occasions makes apparently
sane postings raises more questions than it answers.

Perhaps you haven't hung around long enough to recognize the
very apparent, fundamental differences between the genuine
Bob Morein vs. the impersonator/troll McCarty.

I find your statement quite baffling.