Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

Default I ADVICE & HELP DECIDING

I'm thinking of two options:

Option 1: Run my 2 front speakers (4"x4') from my deck (50w x 4) and
then from a 4channel amp run the two rears (6x9's) and a sub.

Option 2: Run all four speakers and a sub from a six channel amp.

But then again considering that option one is cheaper, and simpler
wouldn't it make sense to go that option? And also taking into account
that the front 4x4's dont produce any decent amount of base and cant
even produce the power- then you would also wouldn't want them drowning

out the rear so there is no point to connecting them to an amp?Becuase
the way everyerthing could be idealy positioned would be better too
option 1 way also. I would also like to know. What would be a good and
cheap amp and sub. (preferably off ebay-due to cost cut)

stelks

Posted to rec.audio.car
anToNIcHeN

hi,
(way off the topic... but just jotting down my thoughts...)
I have "read" somewhere that you must never put co-axials for rear
fill..coz it would affect your sound image... you should only have mid
bass driver as the rear fill... is it true guys?

so according to that article that i read, you can put the co-axials
(6x9s) up in front driven by amp and 4x4 at the back...

disclaimer:
i have no exp. in this... just saying this from what i read... so
forgive me if its wrong...
regards,
Antony

Dev wrote:
I'm thinking of two options:

Option 1: Run my 2 front speakers (4"x4') from my deck (50w x 4) and
then from a 4channel amp run the two rears (6x9's) and a sub.

Option 2: Run all four speakers and a sub from a six channel amp.

But then again considering that option one is cheaper, and simpler
wouldn't it make sense to go that option? And also taking into account
that the front 4x4's dont produce any decent amount of base and cant
even produce the power- then you would also wouldn't want them drowning

out the rear so there is no point to connecting them to an amp?Becuase
the way everyerthing could be idealy positioned would be better too
option 1 way also. I would also like to know. What would be a good and
cheap amp and sub. (preferably off ebay-due to cost cut)

stelks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

Unfortunately that is not an option or believe i would. I'm aware that
that woudl be better.
You are correct in that. But that option do you think will compensate
most for it and be the best option

Posted to rec.audio.car
Rob Kulp

"Dev" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking of two options:

Option 1: Run my 2 front speakers (4"x4') from my deck (50w x 4) and
then from a 4channel amp run the two rears (6x9's) and a sub.

Option 2: Run all four speakers and a sub from a six channel amp.

But then again considering that option one is cheaper, and simpler
wouldn't it make sense to go that option? And also taking into account
that the front 4x4's dont produce any decent amount of base and cant
even produce the power- then you would also wouldn't want them drowning

out the rear so there is no point to connecting them to an amp?Becuase
the way everyerthing could be idealy positioned would be better too
option 1 way also. I would also like to know. What would be a good and
cheap amp and sub. (preferably off ebay-due to cost cut)

stelks

What kind fo vehicle?
What's your budget?

I would try to upgrade the 4" speakers up front, or add a component set. Run
the front and sub off the amp, and the rear off the head unit.

Rob

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

you are so screwed up i almost cant help you..this is america! you can
put any speaker anywhere ok comrad...lol
runing 50rms = to farther distant speakers..hhmmm trouble comrad.
only a idiot would run 50rms to rear deck speakers.i dout you could hear
them above the destortion comrad..lol
''you must overpower your speakers!''
like usa overpower you russians n japs.lol
over power everthing 20% like in my car!
you can always turn it down.
dont be like a girl like most here.
the key to the super system is POWER!
ALL you can take!
my system over 2500rms 4ohm!
i only use around 1900rms.
i'm going to up grade my present system soon.
and add 1 more top store brand battery and a 2.4cap i already have.
I WILL RULE with a IRON FIST!
DESTORY,DESTORY, DESTROY!

Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

its a hatchback toyota tercel-1990. My budget is kinda low. What would
you upgrade the 4"'s to?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

its a hatchback toyota tercel-1990. My budget is kinda low. What would
you upgrade the 4"'s to?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

And what woudl you recommend for a cheaper/good amp and sub?

Dev wrote:
its a hatchback toyota tercel-1990. My budget is kinda low. What would
you upgrade the 4"'s to?

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

I would STRONGLY recommend amping your front speakers. In a "properly"
designed system, music should sound like it is coming from in front of you.
Therefore, in most of the "better" systems, the front speakers are much
louder than the rears. Therefore, if anything, I would amp the front
speakers and let your HU power the rears.

As far as which amp is best and which one you should get, you will find that
on RAC most of us HATE these kinds of questions. The reason is that if you
ask 20 of us which amp is best, you will get 20 different answers. However,
there ARE some good deals to be had right now on Aura amplifiers at Parts
Express. If you want to buy new, I really don't think you can do any better
than these Aura amps (Aura is a very well respected name in the Audio world
and these prices are INCREDIBLY LOW). Check it out at:
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....7&WebPage_ID=3

OF course, if you want to buy used, Ebay is a great place to shop. However,
know that now is the VERY WORST time to buy as this is the time of year when
people are thinking and working on their systems (winter is the BEST time to
buy).

That Aura four channel amp would work well for your application. I would
use two channels to drive sub, and the other two channels to drive your
fronts (let your HU drive your rear 6x9s). I would also consider replacing
your fronts with high quality coaxial or preferably component separates
(these have a separate woofer AND tweeter as well as an outboard X-over).

Good luck,

MOSFET

"Dev" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking of two options:

Option 1: Run my 2 front speakers (4"x4') from my deck (50w x 4) and
then from a 4channel amp run the two rears (6x9's) and a sub.

Option 2: Run all four speakers and a sub from a six channel amp.

But then again considering that option one is cheaper, and simpler
wouldn't it make sense to go that option? And also taking into account
that the front 4x4's dont produce any decent amount of base and cant
even produce the power- then you would also wouldn't want them drowning

out the rear so there is no point to connecting them to an amp?Becuase
the way everyerthing could be idealy positioned would be better too
option 1 way also. I would also like to know. What would be a good and
cheap amp and sub. (preferably off ebay-due to cost cut)

stelks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Dev

with the component separate speaker, the outboard x-over is that square
component that the tweeter and the sub both pug into correct? What type
would you suggest.

"Dev" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking of two options:

Option 1: Run my 2 front speakers (4"x4') from my deck (50w x 4) and
then from a 4channel amp run the two rears (6x9's) and a sub.

Option 2: Run all four speakers and a sub from a six channel amp.

But then again considering that option one is cheaper, and simpler
wouldn't it make sense to go that option? And also taking into account
that the front 4x4's dont produce any decent amount of base and cant
even produce the power- then you would also wouldn't want them drowning

out the rear so there is no point to connecting them to an amp?Becuase
the way everyerthing could be idealy positioned would be better too
option 1 way also. I would also like to know. What would be a good and
cheap amp and sub. (preferably off ebay-due to cost cut)

stelks

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

with the component separate speaker, the outboard x-over is that square
component that the tweeter and the sub both pug into correct? What type
would you suggest.

Yes, that square thing is the X-over. There are many good brands including
Focal, Infinity, MB Quart, Polk, JL, Dynaudio, Boston Acoustics and others
I'm sure I've left out. I actually use a mish-mash of speakers in my car.
I use JL for my midbass speakers up front and pair them with MB Quart
tweeters. I found that each of these speakers had the qualities I was
looking for (the JL driver has much tighter midbass than the MB Quart driver
that I was originally using that came with the MB Quart set I originally
bought). I do not use passive X-overs (the square box) as I bi-amp my front
speakers. This means I have an amplifier dedicated to my tweeters and an
amp dedicated to my midbass drivers. This way I can use active X-overs (the
high's and low's are removed BEFORE they reach the amplifier as this will
improve the SQ).

Anyway, the best advice I can give you is TO LISTEN to as many different
speaker brands as you can as they vary GREATLY (unlike amplifiers which,
frankly, all sound the same). Use YOUR type of music as a speaker that
might sound good with Jazz MAY NOT sound good with Heavy Metal for instance.

MOSFET