Schizoid Man

Default A sad day for Britain

According to the Guardian, all four bombers were British Muslims.
Moreover, this might well the first recorded case of a suicide bombing
in Western Europe.

It is incomprehensible how these people could want to do this to their
own country.
Arny Krueger

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

According to the Guardian, all four bombers were British
Muslims. Moreover, this might well the first recorded case

of
a suicide bombing in Western Europe.

It is incomprehensible how these people could want to do

this
to their own country.

Are you sure that they think that this is *their* country?

George Middius

Schizoid Man said:

According to the Guardian, all four bombers were British Muslims.
Moreover, this might well the first recorded case of a suicide bombing
in Western Europe.

It is incomprehensible how these people could want to do this to their
own country.

I don't find it incomprehensible at all. Maybe they were sleepers, or maybe they
were coerced. Or maybe they were weak-minded and the militants co-opted them
with rhetoric.

Not to get too personal, but your view of the world, from what I know of it,
does not represent the downtrodden.

Arny Krueger

"George Middius" wrote in
message

Not to get too personal, but your view of the world, from

what
I know of it, does not represent the downtrodden.

Middius, you're one of the biggest elitests I know of.
You're hardly one to accuse others of views that don't
represent the downtrodden.

Schizoid Man

George Middius wrote:

Not to get too personal, but your view of the world, from what I know of it,
does not represent the downtrodden.

I don't follow. In what way?

George Middius

Poor little ****borg. Ooops, I mean poor Big ****borg. ;-)

Not to get too personal, but your view of the world, from what
I know of it, does not represent the downtrodden.

Middius, you're one of the biggest elitests

No such word. Are you Krooglishing again, Turdy?

You're hardly one to accuse others of views that don't
represent the downtrodden.

You poor dumb beast. Is that the best you can do? I will freely allow that very
few individuals are as downtrodden as you are. You really belong in an
institution. Lucky for you that you had that insurance to keep you out.

How's that hunt for "cantent" coming, Mr. ****? G

George Middius

Schizoid Man said:

Not to get too personal, but your view of the world, from what I know of it,
does not represent the downtrodden.

I don't follow. In what way?

You're highly educated and highly paid. Like it or not, that has to color your
opinions.

I wouldn't call you a Hollywood liberal, but the gist is that you have a lot in
common with your socioeconomic peers who don't care about the downtrodden. (So
do I, of course.) I, like you, am perfectly willing to redistribute some of the
property of the wealthy in order to achieve a more equitable arrangement. But I
draw the line at redistributing some of my own wealth. Don't you? I feel that
even though I make a decent living, I'm a little downtrodden. More so than I am
privileged, at least within the context of the USA.

At any rate, idealism aside, I'm sure you didn't drag yourself out of the
gutter. People who have a background like that are usually extreme liberals or
extreme conservatives.

Schizoid Man

George Middius wrote:

Schizoid Man said:

Not to get too personal, but your view of the world, from what I know of it,
does not represent the downtrodden.

I don't follow. In what way?

You're highly educated and highly paid. Like it or not, that has to color your
opinions.

Undoubtedly it does. But so does my background - my parents left India
for a better economic future for themselves and their children,
precisely for the same reason that I came to the United States.

If I am highly paid, then I only have America to thank for it. Hence, my
comment about bombing one's own country.

I wouldn't call you a Hollywood liberal, but the gist is that you have a lot in
common with your socioeconomic peers who don't care about the downtrodden. (So
do I, of course.) I, like you, am perfectly willing to redistribute some of the
property of the wealthy in order to achieve a more equitable arrangement. But I
draw the line at redistributing some of my own wealth. Don't you? I feel that
even though I make a decent living, I'm a little downtrodden. More so than I am
privileged, at least within the context of the USA.

Perhaps you are. But being a resident of the United States itself makes
you among the most privileged citizens in the world.

At any rate, idealism aside, I'm sure you didn't drag yourself out of the
gutter.

Exactly my point. These London bombers were all British Muslims who no
doubt had it much better than their parents before them. And they had it
better principally because of their adopted country.

People who have a background like that are usually extreme liberals or
extreme conservatives.

I wouldn't classify myself as an extreme liberal at all. Much of my
portrayal as a neo-Marxist on this newsgroup stems from my disbelief
that Iraq has anything to do with the war on terror.
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"George Middius" wrote in
message

Not to get too personal, but your view of the world, from

what
I know of it, does not represent the downtrodden.

Middius, you're one of the biggest elitests I know of.
You're hardly one to accuse others of views that don't
represent the downtrodden.

I don't have any sympathy for the downtrodden, in fact,
I don't like you at all.

George M. Middius

Schizoid Man said:

Not to get too personal, but your view of the world, from what I know of it,
does not represent the downtrodden.

I don't follow. In what way?

You're highly educated and highly paid. Like it or not, that has to color your
opinions.

Undoubtedly it does. But so does my background - my parents left India
for a better economic future for themselves and their children,
precisely for the same reason that I came to the United States.

You're arguing with me by agreeing with me, I believe.

If I am highly paid, then I only have America to thank for it. Hence, my
comment about bombing one's own country.

Oh, is that what you meant.

One doesn't know how much gratitude the accused bombers might have for their
adopted country. For all we know, they were repeatedly "profiled" and
demeaned by the authorities there. Not that such mistreatment justifies mass
murder, of course.

I wouldn't call you a Hollywood liberal, but the gist is that you have a lot in
common with your socioeconomic peers who don't care about the downtrodden. (So
do I, of course.) I, like you, am perfectly willing to redistribute some of the
property of the wealthy in order to achieve a more equitable arrangement. But I
draw the line at redistributing some of my own wealth. Don't you? I feel that
even though I make a decent living, I'm a little downtrodden. More so than I am
privileged, at least within the context of the USA.

Perhaps you are. But being a resident of the United States itself makes
you among the most privileged citizens in the world.

Again you seemingly argue while agreeing.

At any rate, idealism aside, I'm sure you didn't drag yourself out of the
gutter.

Exactly my point. These London bombers were all British Muslims who no
doubt had it much better than their parents before them. And they had it
better principally because of their adopted country.

I really didn't take that as your original point. Your original point seemed
to be that the alleged bombers should be grateful for whatever they received
in England, not for what you received in America. And as I noted, we don't
know what their life was like before the bombings.

People who have a background like that are usually extreme liberals or
extreme conservatives.

I wouldn't classify myself as an extreme liberal at all. Much of my
portrayal as a neo-Marxist on this newsgroup stems from my disbelief
that Iraq has anything to do with the war on terror.

Exactly my point -- you are somewhat liberal, and everybody except the Bug
Eater realizes it. That is why I said you did not crawl out of the gutter.
And you have confirmed it, I believe.

John C.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:02:34 -0700, Schizoid Man wrote:

According to the Guardian, all four bombers were British Muslims.
Moreover, this might well the first recorded case of a suicide bombing
in Western Europe.

It is incomprehensible how these people could want to do this to their
own country.

If they all want to blow themselves up, why not just go to nice large
empty field. I bet the government would even supply the C4.
John

Schizoid Man

George M. Middius wrote:

Schizoid Man said:

At any rate, idealism aside, I'm sure you didn't drag yourself out of the
gutter.

Exactly my point. These London bombers were all British Muslims who no
doubt had it much better than their parents before them. And they had it
better principally because of their adopted country.

I really didn't take that as your original point. Your original point seemed
to be that the alleged bombers should be grateful for whatever they received
in England, not for what you received in America. And as I noted, we don't
know what their life was like before the bombings.

I believe immigrants from countries like India (and possibly, Pakistan)
come to Western Europe and North America not for lofty ideals like free
speech, freedom from persecution or equality, but for the purpose of
pursuing economic security.

In this respect, the Indian immigrant is probably different to the
Chinese or Cold War-era Eastern European one.

My original point was that, like me, I'd have thought that they would've
been grateful for what they received in their adopted nation.

You're right in saying that we don't know what their life was like
before 7/7, but I hardly think it would have been so destitute that
bombing innocents into oblivion was the only form of salvation available.
ScottW

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

You're right in saying that we don't know what their life was like before
7/7, but I hardly think it would have been so destitute that bombing
innocents into oblivion was the only form of salvation available.

From what I have read the one confirmed individual wasn't destitute at all.
Had a very nice middle class life and was planning to attend college.
Another was 30 with an 8 month old child who wasn't particularly
religious according to friends, liked to spend time in the gym.
Im sure they will find they crossed paths with a militant cleric in the not
distant past who put them on this course.

A situation not too different from one Al-Timimi was
trying to create in the US.

ScottW

Trevor Wilson

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message
According to the Guardian, all four bombers were British Muslims.
Moreover, this might well the first recorded case of a suicide bombing in
Western Europe.

It is incomprehensible how these people could want to do this to their own
country.

**Just as incomprehensible as Tim McVey.
Just as incomprehensible as the Columbine killers.
Etc.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

ScottW

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message
According to the Guardian, all four bombers were British Muslims.
Moreover, this might well the first recorded case of a suicide bombing in
Western Europe.

It is incomprehensible how these people could want to do this to their
own country.

**Just as incomprehensible as Tim McVey.
Just as incomprehensible as the Columbine killers.
Etc.

Intentionally taking innocent life is always incomprehensible to all but the
insane.

ScottW

Clyde Slick

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message
According to the Guardian, all four bombers were British Muslims.
Moreover, this might well the first recorded case of a suicide bombing in
Western Europe.

It is incomprehensible how these people could want to do this to their
own country.

**Just as incomprehensible as Tim McVey.
Just as incomprehensible as the Columbine killers.
Etc.

The British Islamists are very comprehensible. In their hearts, Britain is
NOT their country.
The Columbine killers were comprehensible in the sense that acting
against 'their country' wasn't the motivating force. (an irrelevant
analogy)
Yes, McVey (was your spelling correct?) was incomprehensible, but I get
a sense that he felt that 'his country' had strayed so far from
his ideal of what it should have been, or what it used to be, that he
felt it really wasn't his country anymore. Of course, it's all bs, I
certainly don't
agree with him, but I am just trying to shed some light on what his thinking
might have been like.

Columbine and McVeigh probably felt anomie, but I don't think so
for the British terrorists.

George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

Columbine and McVeigh probably felt anomie, but I don't think so
for the British terrorists.

Yes, I'm sure that for them, as with all islamists, the motivation is "kill
all the white devils!"

Typical flamewar - you don't really feel for the Brits, you're too
interested being self-important. Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded. Take it elsewhere.

George M. Middius wrote:
Clyde Slick said:

Columbine and McVeigh probably felt anomie, but I don't think so
for the British terrorists.

Yes, I'm sure that for them, as with all islamists, the motivation is "kill
all the white devils!"

Margaret von B.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

Margaret

ScottW

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

As compared to a great school like Texas B&S (Bible-thumping and
Sheep-shearing)?

Margaret von B.

"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

No it is not.

Margaret

Arny Krueger

"Margaret von B." wrote
in
message
"ScottW" wrote in message

oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win,

you're
still retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top
school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

No it is not.

Yup being 4th on US News ranking of grad schools means
nothing.

And if you believe that, you probably think that Maggie is
biologically a girl.

ScottW

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

No it is not.

Margaret

Ok Maggie... you can be obviously stupid if you insist.

ScottW

Arny Krueger

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com
Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message

oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win,
you're still retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top
school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

No it is not.

Margaret

Ok Maggie... you can be obviously stupid if you insist.

That list can't be valid in Maggie's eyes because of item
12.

Margaret von B.

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

No it is not.

Margaret

Ok Maggie... you can be obviously stupid if you insist.

These surveys are dime in a dozen and almost every school has one decent
program at some point in time if you slice and dice finely enough and vary
the basis of the survey. Only wishful thinkers like you are fooled by them.
But whatever little thing it takes to feel good about yourself...

The top schools in this country are Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, MIT
and a few others depending on who you ask. Illinois is most definitely NOT
one of them.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Cheers,

Margaret

MINe 109

In article . com,
"ScottW" wrote:

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

No it is not.

Margaret

Ok Maggie... you can be obviously stupid if you insist.

The music school reportedly has a good chapel organ...

Stephen
Clyde Slick

"Margaret von B." wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

Illinois was one of the first schools to make itself handicapped accesible.
This was 1970, or earlier. My friend got paralized in 1970, and had to
transfer
from Wisconsin to Illinois, because of that issue

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

That list can't be valid in Maggie's eyes because of item
12.

Oakland University made it????
Bogus!

Margaret von B.

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article . com,
"ScottW" wrote:

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

No it is not.

Margaret

Ok Maggie... you can be obviously stupid if you insist.

The music school reportedly has a good chapel organ...

Stephen

Hi Stephen!

What is the best organ simulator out there? Both HW and SW solutions
count...

Thanks!

Cheers,

Margaret

ScottW

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

No it is not.

Margaret

Ok Maggie... you can be obviously stupid if you insist.

These surveys are dime in a dozen and almost every school has one decent
program at some point in time if you slice and dice finely enough and vary
the basis of the survey. Only wishful thinkers like you are fooled by them.
But whatever little thing it takes to feel good about yourself...

You consider engineering schools ranking is slicing and dicing?
You are clueless.

In fact making a school choice based on overall ranking without
consideration of the merit for your individual program would be
incredibly naive.

The top schools in this country are Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, MIT
and a few others depending on who you ask. Illinois is most definitely NOT
one of them.

Your list might suffice for lawyers or doctors or business folks....

but many of those schools don't make the grade in engineering.

Illinois is one of the top engineering schools in the nation and only
an absolute idiot would refuse to acknowledge it. I challenge you to
find any engineering school ranking that doesn't have Illinois in the
top 10 anytime in the last 30 years.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Don't be...the truth is not a bubble.

ScottW

Aqua Vulva?

Margaret von B.

"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still
retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top school..
:-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

No it is not.

Margaret

Ok Maggie... you can be obviously stupid if you insist.

These surveys are dime in a dozen and almost every school has one decent
program at some point in time if you slice and dice finely enough and
vary
the basis of the survey. Only wishful thinkers like you are fooled by
them.
But whatever little thing it takes to feel good about yourself...

You consider engineering schools

I don't consider engineers. Period.

ranking is slicing and dicing?
You are clueless.

In fact making a school choice based on overall ranking without
consideration of the merit for your individual program would be
incredibly naive.

The top schools in this country are Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Yale,
MIT
and a few others depending on who you ask. Illinois is most definitely
NOT
one of them.

Your list might suffice for lawyers or doctors or business folks....

but many of those schools don't make the grade in engineering.

Illinois is one of the top engineering schools in the nation and only
an absolute idiot would refuse to acknowledge it. I challenge you to
find any engineering school ranking that doesn't have Illinois in the
top 10 anytime in the last 30 years.

Where did it get you?

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Don't be...the truth is not a bubble.

ScottW

See above.

Cheers,

Margaret

ScottW wrote:
Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

To Mags, the truth is a carbuncle.

George M. Middius

Margaret von B. said to the Terrierborg:

I challenge you to
find any engineering school ranking that doesn't have Illinois in the
top 10 anytime in the last 30 years.

Where did it get you?

Actually, it probably got Scottie a lot farther than he would have got just
by using his wits. A good order-taker who can execute simple plans is the
meat and potatoes of big corporations.

Arny Krueger

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

That list can't be valid in Maggie's eyes because of item
12.

Oakland University made it????

Inability to read noted.

Schizoid Man

Arny Krueger wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message
ups.com

Margaret von B. wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message

oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...

Arguing on the internet is like
competing in the special olympics - even if you win,
you're still retarded.

How original! Then again, Illinois isn't exactly a top
school.. :-)

Actually Margaret... it is.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/gra...rank_brief.php

ScottW

No it is not.

Margaret

Ok Maggie... you can be obviously stupid if you insist.

That list can't be valid in Maggie's eyes because of item
12.

I must concur with Arny, Maggie. I attended number 12 and Illinois is a
as good, if not better, graduate engineering school.

I'm not aware how good UIUC is at other disciplines at the graduate level.
Schizoid Man

Clyde Slick wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

That list can't be valid in Maggie's eyes because of item
12.

Oakland University made it????
Bogus!

Oakland has a university???
Arny Krueger

wrote in message
ups.com
ScottW wrote:
Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message

ups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message

oups.com...

Margaret von B. wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...
[...]

More specifically, a genital wart.

ScottW

Margaret von B. wrote:

I don't consider engineers. Period.

Poor Maggie... she used to get laid more in her scavenger/cave
dweller days.

[...]

Almost all the BBQ's I want .

ScottW