wideglide340

typically an 8 gauge wire over a normal run of 16 feet should only be
used up to about 60amps. i would reccomend adding a second wire or go
with 4 gauge and distribution.

--
wideglide340
wideglide340's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32811

SHRED

Default Power lead(s) question

I have an 8 gauge power lead with a 75a fuse at the battery.

Is it OK to run this power lead to my sattelite amp "power in"
connector(Alpine MRV-F307) and then, from that same connector run a
power lead to my JBL BP300.1 sub amp?

Or do I need to split the power lead with a 1 into 2 splitter box?

Thanks
SHRED

wideglide340 wrote:
typically an 8 gauge wire over a normal run of 16 feet should only be
used up to about 60amps. i would reccomend adding a second wire or go
with 4 gauge and distribution.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to check again about the gauge. It is a large diameter. The
run is more like 8 feet. The amps are in an Acura Integra under the
passenger seat and behind the passenger seat.

Anyway, does jumping the power lead from one amp to the next disturb the
voltage consistency?

I guess I thought since the amps were right next to each other that just
pigtailing a power lead over would suffice but I don't want to cause damage.
Thor Lancelot Simon

In article T8IOd.55957$bu.47884@fed1read06, SHRED wrote:
I have an 8 gauge power lead with a 75a fuse at the battery.

Is it OK to run this power lead to my sattelite amp "power in"
connector(Alpine MRV-F307) and then, from that same connector run a
power lead to my JBL BP300.1 sub amp?

Don't do that. It's liable to come loose and break something or even
start a fire (75A is plenty to cause enough heating to start a fire).

Or do I need to split the power lead with a 1 into 2 splitter box?

Get yourself an insulated, fused power splitter block and save yourself a
lot of potential pain and suffering. They don't cost much!

--
Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky
MZ

It would work, but really you should avoid doing it ghetto. Just buy a
distribution block for 8 ga. It may take a couple calls, but shouldn't run
you more than about 10 bucks.

wrote:
I have an 8 gauge power lead with a 75a fuse at the battery.

Is it OK to run this power lead to my sattelite amp "power in"
connector(Alpine MRV-F307) and then, from that same connector run a
power lead to my JBL BP300.1 sub amp?

Don't do that. It's liable to come loose and break something or even
start a fire (75A is plenty to cause enough heating to start a fire).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^
Is this reason why some driver carries a fire exthinguisher in their
car?
If so, their sound system is way too dangerous.

MOSFET

Is this reason why some driver carries a fire exthinguisher in their
car?
If so, their sound system is way too dangerous.

This driver carry fire extinguisher.

Me got good reason: stereo good....fire bad.

MOSFET