Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

Default A request to all the inrtoverted Amerikens here

On Sep 15, 1:08�pm, ScottW wrote:
On Sep 15, 10:33�am, Vinylanach wrote:

On Sep 14, 9:46 pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 14 Sep, 20:04, Vinylanach wrote:

On Sep 14, 4:06 pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 14 Sep, 12:25, Vinylanach wrote:

On Sep 14, 7:48 am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 14 Sep, 03:30, Vinylanach wrote:

On Sep 13, 8:50 pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 13 Sep, 19:22, Vinylanach wrote:

On Sep 13, 4:13 pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

Vinylanach wrote:
On Sep 13, 3:47?pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 13 Sep, 15:59, Vinylanach wrote:

On Sep 13, 12:37 pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On 13 Sep, 14:38, Vinylanach wrote:

I hear ya, buddy. Personally, I've only joined because I've noticed a
lack of true political discussion, only a mindless regurgitation of
the biased viewpoints of bloggers.

I especially enjoyed your rational discussion of the Palin baby
\conspiracy theory.

Yeah, thanks. ?Those discussions were based on my own observations by
the way, and not from bloggers. ?Again, it seems completely rational
to me that a woman who is 7-months pregnant show be showing, and that
she would inform her personal staff of her pregnancy before the sixth
month, and the she wouldn't provide a poor example to other expecting
mothers in Alaska by flying in a plane for eight hours AFTER her water
broke.

It seems irrational to me that someone would dispute this information
based upon political party affiliation.

Maybe the liittle retard is really God's kid!-

I'm not sure if Bristol is the momma, or Sarah. That's not the
point. The truth is probably some other crazy thing.. But I will
apologize for my comments about Sarah Plain if the following questions
are answered:

1. Why are there photos of a slim, svelte Palin in a tight-fitting
dress when she was supposed to be seven months pregnant? Arny's
explanation that not all women show after 7 months is the rantings of
a 'tard. I told my sister-in-law, a maternity scrub nurse, what Arny
said and she laughed hysterically. The only logical explanations are
that the photos were dated incorrectly, or that Palin was not
pregnant.

I haven't seen those pictures, but I've certainly never seen a woman who
is 7 months along who is not showing in a very obvious way.

2. Why did Palin wait until she was 6 months pregnant to tell her
personal staff that she was pregnant? Wouldn't they have noticed?
(Not in Arny's world!) Wouldn't they have needed to adjust her
schedule accordingly? You would think that she would consider her
personal staff to be close to her in some way, and that someone would
have known in advance. The only logical explanations are that Palin
was embarrassed about her pregnancy (not really consistent with the
whole Bible-thumping thing), or that Palin was not pregnant.

3. Why did Palin jump on a 8-hour flight after her water broke?

That's the one that freaks me out. If true, she displayed very, very
poor judgement.-

Exactly. And that's something she admits to! No rumors, no
conspiracy...the poor judgement is there for all to see..

Ok Art, Scott and Arny...stand up here like men and explain how this
person is smart enough to run this country.

One very smart man, a Rhodes scholar no less, ran the country,
while getting blow jobs in the office form a white house intern-

While I'm far from a Clinton fan, tell me how this is the same thing.
Palin jeopardized her own life and the life of her unborn child (a
funny thing considering she's pro-life), and also provided a bad
example for expectant mothers all over Alaska. Now equate this with
Clinton and Lewinski again in a way that makes sense.

Boon-

you gave your example of a smart person doing stupid things
and I gave mine.
its as simple as that-

Yeah, but you're arguing with me as if I was a Democrat and Clinton is
my hero. I hated the guy when he was in office and I thought he was a
sleaze. It's only in retrospect that I think he was a sleaze who
actually got a lot of work done and didn't head off to the ranch every
chance he had.

In other words, your logic seems to be, well, we ****ed up in the
past...so why not in the future?

Whatever.
Your pregnancy complaint doesn't have any traction.

My "complaint"? LoL.

Attacks on Palin aren't working.

For some people who vote right down party lines without listening to
the issues, indeed.

No, besides reps, she is also doing well among independents and blue
dog
democrats and democratic women over 40

Obama did best when he was the fresh new face, offering
hope and change, including from the usual political
backsniping. He will do best if his campaign
keeps riding the horse that got him to where he is today.
He is not a natural born fighter, and doesn't look neither
good nor comfortable when in attack mode.-

Hmmm...these comments seem more suited for the middle of November,
don't you think?

no, not after it is too late to do him any good.-

That wasn't really my point. �Yesterday, I found one article that said
Obama was still enjoying a double digit lead in the polls. �I found
another that said Obama was in the lead, but that McCain's numbers
were up. �A third article stated that the polls had reversed
themselves, and that McCain was in charge.

In other words, all of us are full of **** when it comes to politics.
And we'll only know what's going on the day after the election.

What bothers me, however, is the party line bull****. �I've been a
registered Republican since 1980 and I simply cannot support the
McCain-Palin ticket. �And I supported Mccain in 2000. �Here's what I
did...I looked at the issues, I listened to what the candidates said,
and I made a decision.

It bothers me that Republicans are ignoring the fact that Palin simply
isn't qualified.

�At least as qualified as Obama.

�It's all about getting power with no regard to
what's best for the country. �If you look at the facts about Palin,
you should see this. �You're simply not offering anything substantial
to counter these claims. �You're blinded by your politics, and I think
it's a shame.

�At this point it's a choice between tickets which may or may
not have been our first choice.
Arguing that Palin is unqualified for VP while
supporting Obama as President is an absurd argument to
make.

Not when you look at the actual achievements. You are merely echoing
your beloved blogs.

�Blindness obviously comes in many forms.

Like a strict adherence to right-wing blogs when forming a political
opinion.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Sep 15, 1:21�pm, ScottW wrote:
On Sep 15, 1:09�pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

Vinylanach said:

It bothers me that Republicans are ignoring the fact that Palin simply
isn't qualified. �It's all about getting power with no regard to
what's best for the country. �If you look at the facts about Palin,
you should see this. �You're simply not offering anything substantial
to counter these claims. �You're blinded by your politics, and I think
it's a shame.

You got that right. Sacky has one guiding principle: "Democrats bad."

George is alway impressed by vacuous statements.

You mean he reads all the same blogs you do?

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 15, 3:08*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Sep 15, 10:33*am, Vinylanach wrote:

*It's all about getting power with no regard to
what's best for the country. *If you look at the facts about Palin,
you should see this. *You're simply not offering anything substantial
to counter these claims. *You're blinded by your politics, and I think
it's a shame.

*At this point it's a choice between tickets which may or may
not have been our first choice.
Arguing that Palin is unqualified for VP while
supporting Obama as President is an absurd argument to
make. *Blindness obviously comes in many forms.

Let's see: McCain wants to keep doing the same things and expects
different results. What's that called...again?

Keep healthcare as it is and "promote" competition.

Keep taxes low. More "borrow and spend". We're fast approaching our
national debt equalling our *entire* GNP.

Pander to right-wing religious whackos on social issues.

Here's a good one: Assault Weapons

John McCain opposes restrictions on so-called "assault rifles" and
voted consistently against such bans. Most recently he opposed an
amendment to extend a ban on 19 specific firearms, and others with
similar characteristics.

Importation of High Capacity Magazines

John McCain opposes bans on the importation of certain types of
ammunition magazines and has voted against such limitations.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/...e1c07d2fbd.htm

"National police organizations such as the International Association
of Chiefs of Police, the International Brotherhood of Police Officers
and the Fraternal Order of Police all support the renewal of the ban.
President Bush has said he would sign such a bill if Congress passed
it."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5946127/

Yup. McCain is the 'think'ing man's candidate of choice. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

*You're blinded by your politics, and I think it's a shame.

You got that right. Sacky has one guiding principle: "Democrats bad."

Not exactly
republicans bad, Democrats usually worse.

Really? Congratulations on keeping the secret so well. I hope you'll alert
us the next time you want to say something more substantative than you
dislike McCain. It's not as though W & Co. didn't give us ample
opportunity to denounce their criminality. Whatever you thought about
their misdeeds, you kept to yourself.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"Vinylanach" wrote in message
On Sep 15, 6:48?am, "TT"
wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in
On Sep 14, 10:10 pm, "TT"
wrote:

As I said the occasional stuff is not only fine but can
be
informative and entertaining as well. I just have a
dislike
for the over abundance of it at the moment :-(

I have British friends who cannot believe that our
campaign cycle
lasts this long. What is it in GB? Six weeks? I'll buy
that. We should
enact laws to do the same here. After 2-1/2 years all the
republicans
can do is make stuff up about lipstick and pigs and make
fake claims
about sex ed for kindergartners. Their empty policy
positions were
done months ago.

It'll all be over in another six weeks for us too. :-)

We have just had a State election here and it was all over
in 4 weeks. ?The
ex-Premier thought he would do a swiftie and call it
during the Olympics and
Football finals so as to not attract attention to it. ?He
got it wrong and
is now unemployed :-))

What a long boring, drawn out, boring, slow ?and boring
procedure you guys
have. ?Did I mention boring?

Short and sweet is the answer ?;-)

Think about all of the good that can be done with the
hundreds of
millions dollars used to buy advertising during this period.

Boon

Exactly! How many 1,000 bed hospitals could have been
built?

Cheers TT