Matt

Default Hifi resets

Hi,

I have a problem with a Sony CD Player that was installed by the store
into my Hyundai Tiburon. The hifi periodically (quite frequently) seems
to reset itself, turning off and then back on again, whether playing
radio or CD. It does seem to happen more often when the engine is cold,
or when I am accelerating.

Despite this, it has happened when the engine was warm, and while I was
stationary. There is definitely no corellation to other electrical
activity, though - neither the volume of the hifi, not the use of
headlights or electric windows seems to effect the problem.

So perhaps it is a dodgy connection somewhere? Or is there a more
likely conclusion? Where should I start looking for a dodgy electrical
connection? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

bobb

Well you are not helping with all those un-correlated symptoms! G

When u say reset/turn off, does the ilumination go dark/flicker? - if
so, u got a power feed problem.

If not, then the problem is more complicated, u may want to take it
out and test it out of the car.

MOSFET

I have a problem with a Sony CD Player that was installed by the store
into my Hyundai Tiburon. The hifi periodically (quite frequently) seems
to reset itself, turning off and then back on again, whether playing
radio or CD. It does seem to happen more often when the engine is cold,
or when I am accelerating.

Despite this, it has happened when the engine was warm, and while I was
stationary. There is definitely no corellation to other electrical
activity, though - neither the volume of the hifi, not the use of
headlights or electric windows seems to effect the problem.

So perhaps it is a dodgy connection somewhere? Or is there a more
likely conclusion? Where should I start looking for a dodgy electrical
connection? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

When trouble-shooting, you want to eliminate the simple culprits before
moving on to the more complicated. First, you need to make sure the problem
is not a bad power or ground connection. As Bobb suggested, remove the head
and connect it to a good power source and see what happens.

MOSFET

Barry & Nikki

Well if it were installed within the last few months or even more I'd sure
as heck start with bringing it back and letting the "shop" look at it. Why
waste your time and risk serious problems; especially since I am assuming
you paid good $$$ to get it installed. I sure don't know any "shop" that
does not make good money even on the easy stuff.