Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default Delp's death a suicide

Robert said:

There is another side to the argument, which has to do with how bad things
were in the old loony bins. To do the moral arithmetic, we need to know
this. I don't know, and for that reason I find it difficult to take a
position.

Do you believe Nurse Ratched is purely imaginary?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

Robert said:

Do you believe Nurse Ratched is purely imaginary?

Seen Titticut Follies? http://imdb.com/title/tt0062374/

Nope... It was directed by Dr. No. Oh wait, a different Wiseman.

I wonder if Bwian's been "in" ?

Is Arnii asking for company? ;-)

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
WindsorFox WindsorFox is offline

wrote:
On Mar 14, 7:23 pm, soundhaspriority wrote:
In article , "J.C. Scott"

wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/
He's my hero.

I'm thinking this might be a good plan. Delp's life, like mine, has reached
a dead end with nothing more to contribute.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

===============================

I can not believe trhat this posting is authentic.
Ludovic Mirabel

Of course it's not. It's McCarty.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Les Cargill Les Cargill is offline

paul packer wrote:
On 19 Mar 2007 11:18:41 -0700, wrote:

I am old enough to have memories from my internship/residency days of
what care of the psychotic was like (at least in the U.K.) before the
pseudo-liberarators of the
Szasz and the half-mad psychiatrist who committed suicide (name?) kind
got into it and opened the asylum doors wide to the delights of
huddling under a blanket on the park-bench. In the name of freedom of
choice for those incapable of choosing.
I spent a couple of months as a house physician in the Crichton Royal-
a model "mental hospital" in Scotland. It was sited on agricultural
and fruit-trees acreage. The inmates were free to work there if they
wanted.or learn a craft indoors. There were weekly dances for the not
completely psychotic patients which the doctors and nurses were
encouraged to attend. There were films, music and theatrical shows. I
saw several patients who were indignant at the mere mention of being
"liberated"

Of course the municipal govts. were delighted to save the money and
close the "reactionary" asylums. Walk down any busy street and meet
the "liberated" talking to their voices, sleeping in parks and
occasionally pushing someone under the wheels of the incoming train
underground.
Ludovic Mirabel

It's exactly the same in Oz, Ludo. 21 year old police constables now
have to deal with these "liberated" inmates, and do so often by
shooting them. Closing the hospitals was a cynical money saving
exercise

That's not completely true. Mental hospitals, at least in the U.S.
have always been a source of embarassment. Drug therapies were
taking off at the time.

Don't wanna lay too much at Ken Kesey's feet, but "Cuckoo's
Nest" had a significant impact of public perception of
this sort of thing. That sort of image is hard to
counteract with even a great deal of facts on
a subject people are genuinely interested in.

with only misery as the result, and only recently here has
there been a concerted call for better mental health care.

It'll take time.

Largely unheeded, of course.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:36:49 -0500, WindsorFox

wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613903/
He's my hero.

I'm thinking this might be a good plan. Delp's life, like mine, has reached
a dead end with nothing more to contribute.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

===============================

I can not believe trhat this posting is authentic.
Ludovic Mirabel

Of course it's not. It's McCarty.

But it's authentic McCarty. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:03:47 -0400, Les Cargill
wrote:

paul packer wrote:
[...]

No doubt. And no doubt too every one of them stood on highly valuable
land.

Drug therapies were
taking off at the time.

Which could more easily have been administered in hospital. If you
don't want a patient to take his medication, send him off into
independent living.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

paul packer said:

And no doubt too every one of them stood on highly valuable land.

Not every one. How about yours? ;-)

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:33:47 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr _ george
@ comcast . net wrote:

paul packer said:

And no doubt too every one of them stood on highly valuable land.

Not every one. How about yours? ;-)

??????????
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

paul packer said:

And no doubt too every one of them stood on highly valuable land.

Not every one. How about yours? ;-)

??????????

You know -- the ivory tower you live in. ;-)

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:40:23 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr _ george
@ comcast . net wrote:

paul packer said:

And no doubt too every one of them stood on highly valuable land.

Not every one. How about yours? ;-)

??????????

You know -- the ivory tower you live in. ;-)

The land wasn't valuable until I built the ivory tower on it. You
should knock down your hovel and build one yourself. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Mar 21, 5:59 am, (paul packer) wrote:

You know -- the ivory tower you live in. ;-)

The land wasn't valuable until I built the ivory tower on it. You
should knock down your hovel and build one yourself. :-)

The "commander" is still sucking at the parental tit, so ownership,
responsibility, even the general requirements of adulthood and the
associated commerce is beyond both its meager skills and even lesser
understanding. Of course, this is entirely appropriate for a 12 year-
old for which what passes for its brain is still developing.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Inconvenient Truth Inconvenient Truth is offline

Is it possible to commit suicide with a condenser mic in your left
hand and a lapel mic in your right hand?

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:54:26 -0000, "Phildo" wrote:

"Mike Heins" wrote in message
When you find perfection anywhere, let me know.

I have her phone number ;-)

There is lots of help
out there, and a large proportion of the problems I see in people is
them not taking their meds.

Have to agree there. I have a friend who has been in and out of institutions
most of her life. With her she relapses when she gets back on the weed but
I've seen several of her friends stop taking their meds and a few weeks
later they are back inside.

By the way, just read a very scary book on bioethics - "Culture of Death:
The Assault on Medical Ethics in America" by Wesley J. Smith. If you think
the medical system sucks now then read this book and do everything you can
to stop this increasingly popular way of thinking before it gets accepted.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Inconvenient Truth wrote:
Is it possible to commit suicide with a condenser mic in your left
hand and a lapel mic in your right hand?

I saw a guy do it with nothing but an acoustic guitar last Saturday :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

On 21 Mar 2007 03:31:21 -0700, "Peter Wieck" wrote:

On Mar 21, 5:59 am, (paul packer) wrote:

You know -- the ivory tower you live in. ;-)

The land wasn't valuable until I built the ivory tower on it. You
should knock down your hovel and build one yourself. :-)

The "commander" is still sucking at the parental tit, so ownership,
responsibility, even the general requirements of adulthood and the
associated commerce is beyond both its meager skills and even lesser
understanding.

If you have inside info, by all means share it with us. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

On Mar 21, 6:54 pm, (paul packer) wrote:
On 21 Mar 2007 03:31:21 -0700, "Peter Wieck" wrote:

On Mar 21, 5:59 am, (paul packer) wrote:

You know -- the ivory tower you live in. ;-)

The land wasn't valuable until I built the ivory tower on it. You
should knock down your hovel and build one yourself. :-)

The "commander" is still sucking at the parental tit, so ownership,
responsibility, even the general requirements of adulthood and the
associated commerce is beyond both its meager skills and even lesser
understanding.

If you have inside info, by all means share it with us. :-)

".... inside info, ...."

Yetch!

There are times when one knows that what exists under the rock is
nasty and offensive without having to resort to turning it over.
Typically just by observing the spoor.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro
codifus codifus is offline

Default about Brian L. McCarty

wrote in message csKdnd1eoqDg-

Gentlemen,
I did not post this here. Your group is highly professional, and I would
never post off topic to it.

Bob Morein

The fact that you've posted this nonsense ANYWHERE is a travesty, Mr.
Morein. Many of the professionals here KNOW Mr. McCarty personally,
have worked with him over the years, and recognize the hysterically
fraudulent description of him inherent in your attack postings. Your
insistence that people are "stalking" you is an obvious sign of
psychosis. You may think by posting these fraudulent statements to a
discussion group of McCarty's peers that it will increase the esteem
with which we hold you, in some twisted way.

It does not.

I've seen your attacks on several people and they are truly
disgusting, Mr. Morein. You obviously are educated, however an
education used for only destructive purposes puts you at the very
lowest rung of humanity. While you're here living in your fantasy
world, guys like McCarty are out earning a living, serving long hours
on AES and other standards bodies, and contributing society. Time for
you to get with it, too.

Charlie

wrote in message C22F9319.7330B

Some of you may have noticed the upsurge in McCarty forgings. There have
been some interesting developments, which I can partially share with you. It
appears that McCarty has placed himself in my presence several times this
year. I did not have to go looking for him.

Despite the satirically altered photography of Brian McCarty that has
circulated the Internet, Brian is neither trim nor fat. He is about 6'2",
220 lbs, with a modest middle-age paunch. He has a fairly large bone
structure, but is not muscular. From the front, his face is squarish, and
apparently flat, the nose small. However, in profile, he has significant
mandibular protrusion, ie., extension of the lower jaw, in a "wicked witch"
profile. His eye sockets are deep. His eye color is grey.

Brian's hair is straight, and silver gray, with no signs of recession beyond
teenage levels. His face appears devoid of hair. His smile is always
close-lipped, probably to hide the cross bite malocclusion that accompanies
mandibular protrusion. He appears to have an airway restriction, which gives
his voice a choked upward pitch.

The general appearance of Brian strongly resembles that of someone with
Klinefelter's syndrome, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter's_syndrome,
when the affected individual has two X chromsomes. While many such
individuals have intelligence in the normal range, there is a high
incidence of psychosis. The individual is almost always sterile. The breast
cancer rate is the same as among females, but when cancer occurs, it tends
to spread more aggressively.

Brian is not simply a stay-at-home Internet addict; we know that for a
number of years, he has made a game of "counting coup", or "super-spy",
traveling great distances to be physically near a stranger. It was
interesting to observe Brian playing his game. His face becomes a mask with
a pasted-on-smile, and his eyes become fish-eyes. His demeanor is
nonthreatening. He may linger alone, then mingle in a clot of people who do
not know him, using this fictitious association as a disguise.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

Posted to rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro
gunnar gunnar is offline

Donīt answer back. He will only post more. Simply ignore.
Gunnar

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:06:32 -0400, Soundhaspriority wrote
(in article ):

Some of you may have noticed the upsurge in McCarty forgings.

No we haven't and we really don't care.

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU

RIP Brad Delp MiNe 109 Audio Opinions 1 March 10th 07 01:03 AM
Singer/songwriter ashtray Pro Audio 2 June 30th 06 02:43 PM
whos the better singer? bob wald Car Audio 6 March 15th 06 12:46 PM
BRAD DELP Tommy B Pro Audio 2 August 15th 03 02:36 AM
<<<<<<< BRAD DELP oh yeah! Don Cooper Pro Audio 2 August 14th 03 05:07 AM