donaldjcecil

Default Emu1820M, Layla3G PCI Interfaces

I cant decide between the E-Mu 1820m (
http://www.emu.com/products/product....category =754
) or the Layla3G (
http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/PCI/Layla3G/index.php ) by Echo Audio.
Both systems seem pretty nice, and they fit right into my budget. I
myself am a drummer so inputs would be nice. I have read many reviews on
the E-mu system, and thus far it seems like it's very popular, reliable,
and just an all around safe bet. The Layla3G has two more inputs (8
instead of 6), but I have yet to find a review on the product. This will
be my very first DAW, and I can easily be described as a "noob" in this
wonderful, yet complex game. I just want to make sure I make the right
purchase.
Predrag Trpkov

http://www.emu.com/products/product....754&maincatego
ry=754
) or the Layla3G (
http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/PCI/Layla3G/index.php ) by Echo Audio.
Both systems seem pretty nice, and they fit right into my budget. I
myself am a drummer so inputs would be nice. I have read many reviews on
the E-mu system, and thus far it seems like it's very popular, reliable,
and just an all around safe bet. The Layla3G has two more inputs (8
instead of 6), but I have yet to find a review on the product. This will
be my very first DAW, and I can easily be described as a "noob" in this
wonderful, yet complex game. I just want to make sure I make the right
purchase.

E-MU 1820m has 8 inputs. It's just that two of them are combo XLR/jack
inputs on the front panel. You can use them as mic or instrument inputs.
They will accept line level signals too, albeit with slightly compromised
S/N ratio.

Predrag

donaldjcecil

Predrag Trpkov wrote:
[...]

Ah yes, I see now. Thanks for pointing that out!
Predrag Trpkov

"donaldjcecil" wrote in message
I cant decide between the E-Mu 1820m (

http://www.emu.com/products/product....754&maincatego
ry=754
) or the Layla3G (
http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/PCI/Layla3G/index.php ) by Echo Audio.
Both systems seem pretty nice, and they fit right into my budget. I
myself am a drummer so inputs would be nice. I have read many reviews on
the E-mu system, and thus far it seems like it's very popular, reliable,
and just an all around safe bet. The Layla3G has two more inputs (8
instead of 6), but I have yet to find a review on the product. This will
be my very first DAW, and I can easily be described as a "noob" in this
wonderful, yet complex game. I just want to make sure I make the right
purchase.

I haven't tried the Layla, but since nobody has chimed in yet, let me just
say that I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed in the overall sound quality
of the E-MU 1820m. The converters are very good and the feature set is hard
to beat for the price.

I'd strongly recommend a visit to the E-MU online forums before making the
purchase decision.

Predrag